X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

About the Losman hype

I'm a more realistic guy and I did mentioned on the D&C board before the start of the 2004 season that be prepared if the Bill stumbed in the season because of the new coaching staff.

Right now I'll say the same thing if they do switch to Losman and let go of Bledsoe. Are you prepared to live through another 0-4 start?

From the little we saw from Losman in 2004, especially the NE game, he's not ready. By the start of 2005 season, he may but he may not be ready. History is against him. There is only one Marino, one Brady (who played well enough in his second year), and one Big Ben. Actually I'm not sold on Big Ben yet. When teams were able to take away Steeler's running attack near the end of the season, Big Ben struggled to beat them and getting progressively worse. Still he's way ahead of the Manning, Losman's world.

Some may argue that we have a great cast around him so he can well pull a Big Ben for us. I'm not so sure. Steelers' success in 2004 is largely due to the unstoppable running attack even when teams focused on that. The OLine played lights out for I can remember. That and Big Ben's level headed mental state made a huge difference. I don't think the Bills running attack is at the some level of the Steelers and I just don't think Losman's mental state is at the Big Ben's level.

My best hope is that Bledsoe accepts a pay cut and be willing to compete for the starting job. I want the best QB to start for my team, not to just give the job to someone.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

who's to say Drew is the best qb for this team? Sometimes I really wonder if he was only our starting qb because TD didn't want to make it look that Drew was a mistake. Travis Brown looked way better at camp and pre-season. Not saying he was better but I sometimes wonder.

It's up to JP to get ready this off season. He knows he will be called soon. He has everything that Drew has to offer except experience. then again even w/ Drew's experience he still made stupid rookie decisions so I'm not sure if that is an advantage.

I doubt we will go 0-4. If Jp can play conservative for the first few games depending on who we play, we'll be fine.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• FTG
      • Aug 2004

I'm realistic too. I know he will struggle. I still want him over Drew
      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• TheBrownBear
        • Dec 2004

I can live with a 4-12 to 6-10 season next year if that investment means 12-4 seasons in the near future with Losman.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

I think given our defense, and WM we have a talented core of recievers. With our OL and a mobile QB I think most people underestimate him. I dont think he will go 15-1 or anything but it isnt a stretch to say 9-7/10-6.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
            I'm a more realistic guy and I did mentioned on the D&C board before the start of the 2004 season that be prepared if the Bill stumbed in the season because of the new coaching staff.

Right now I'll say the same thing if they do switch to Losman and let go of Bledsoe. Are you prepared to live through another 0-4 start?

From the little we saw from Losman in 2004, especially the NE game, he's not ready. By the start of 2005 season, he may but he may not be ready. History is against him. There is only one Marino, one Brady (who played well enough in his second year), and one Big Ben. Actually I'm not sold on Big Ben yet. When teams were able to take away Steeler's running attack near the end of the season, Big Ben struggled to beat them and getting progressively worse. Still he's way ahead of the Manning, Losman's world.

Some may argue that we have a great cast around him so he can well pull a Big Ben for us. I'm not so sure. Steelers' success in 2004 is largely due to the unstoppable running attack even when teams focused on that. The OLine played lights out for I can remember. That and Big Ben's level headed mental state made a huge difference. I don't think the Bills running attack is at the some level of the Steelers and I just don't think Losman's mental state is at the Big Ben's level.

My best hope is that Bledsoe accepts a pay cut and be willing to compete for the starting job. I want the best QB to start for my team, not to just give the job to someone.
            I am with you here.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

People want to mention JP's first game against NE as a catilyst to start *****. JP never even thought he would see the other side of the sideline when he woke up that morning. He even mentioned that in an interview (sorry no link) He was also scoulded by management for not being at least ready to take the field if need be. Thats behind him and I don't think we should hold that game against him. It was a rookie mistake. Don't forget that Big Ben's first pass of his career and first pass on his first play ever was an interception. JP didn't do that. He fumbled. LOL No dout in my mind that JP could start next year out of the gate and be just as effective if not more effective than Drew. Remember JP has 2 legs that move him so he can pick up that 3rd and short when ther pocket collapses.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
                I can live with a 4-12 to 6-10 season next year if that investment means 12-4 seasons in the near future with Losman.
                I want to win now, with the current best QB on our team. I'm sure Clements, Mularky, and Whyse, and NOT TD, will make the right decision.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                I am with you here.
                Ditto.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

What's the difference if we lose with Losman or Bledsoe? At least Losman is getting the experience he needs for the future.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

I'd rather see Losman & Matthews compete.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

For the humor impaired, that was a joke.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

I think we all know Losman will struggle.

But, so would Drew.
                        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• wazz
                          • Jan 2004

U serious?

The team is in an enviabl position where they are not going to have any major changes this offseason heading to the next season. The Players AND caches will stay together primarily and as such the scheme stays the same, and in return the palyers know the scheme better the coaches can call the scheme more confidently knowing the players are on the right page, and and creases can be ironed out before they become and issue.

We can't under ANY circumstances throw away next season and like TD said in his press conference end of season "i will not make any decisions that involve this team going backwards" (or words to that effect). If Losman is ready, he WILL start, if he's more ready, but Bledsoe is still SLIGHTLY better, Bledsoe will start. The best fit for the team will paly, and the staff showed this year they are not afraid to make changes for the team good (look at the o-line, travis henry, bobby shaw cut, Sam Adams pulled etc etc). This team will be ready and had NO intentions of deliberately sacrificing ANY games for the greater good. A team in 'Rebuilding' Will do this type of thing, we are not one of these teams. we are a 10,000 piece puzzle, in need of the middle odd shaped bit.

To me, the only way to enter a season is believing this year will be are year. even if there's a chance it might not be, u have to BILLieve it will. Losman palys ONLY if he's the best option to get the win column increased, the same as Bledsoe plays ONLY as the best option
                          www.billsaddiction.com

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                            • Jan 2004

I can't.

If we go 4-12 next year, it won't be because of Losman.

This team can be a playoff team even with Losman, IMO.
                            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I'm sick of slow starts and I'm sick of not being in the playoffs. This past year, we got screwed because Mularkey and McGahee were still learning at the beginning of the season- I don't want another slow start only to come up one game short (actually one knocked down pass short) of being in the playoffs.

If JP's ready to lead this team, hand the reigns over. But age and FA will kill our D and ST before too long- we don't have time to continue struggling while he learns.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X