PDA

View Full Version : Will our strong 9-7 finish...

Historian
01-25-2005, 05:29 PM
...garner us a Monday Night game this fall?

FTG
01-25-2005, 05:36 PM
I would think so

BillsFever21
01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
I could care less if we're on MNF. I'd rather watch the game on Sunday instead of waiting till Monday.

If the game was at home I'd be all up for it but most likely it would be on the road.

Mr. Miyagi
01-25-2005, 05:48 PM
I hope it's our home opener. I'll be there. :up:

OpIv37
01-25-2005, 06:02 PM
I hope not. I hate Monday games- first of all, we always seem to lose on national TV and look pathetic. Second, they start way too late- by the time it's over, it's 1 am, and I'm either too hyper or too mad to sleep. Third, if they're home they never sell out- this doesn't affect me cuz I'm in DC but it keeps everyone in Buffalo from watching the games.

FTG
01-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Second, they start way too late- by the time it's over, it's 1 am, and I'm either too hyper or too mad to sleep. .

:rofl: been there

Crisis
01-25-2005, 06:26 PM
I don't wanna listen to Madden for 4 hours!!

Bill Brasky
01-25-2005, 06:35 PM
I would love to go to the Ralph for a MN game... I could see us maybe getting a MN game vs ATL at home... but at the same time the Bills always choke on night games.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-25-2005, 06:45 PM
NO Ralph Wilson doesn't want a MNF game here in Buffalo because? the fans that come from Rochester, Syracuse all around NYS wouldn't get home until late and they have to work the next day. I remember hearing this on the radio or somewhere. If it's on the road then it's fine with me!!!

Jeff1220
01-25-2005, 06:47 PM
The Thursday night NFL season opener in NY vs. the Jets? :headscrat

ScottLawrence
01-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Screw MNF.

There is WAYYYYYYY too many god damn commercials.

I can't even watch it anymore.

Bill Brasky
01-25-2005, 06:49 PM
NO Ralph Wilson doesn't want a MNF game here in Buffalo because? the fans that come from Rochester, Syracuse all around NYS wouldn't get home until late and they have to work the next day. I remember hearing this on the radio or somewhere. If it's on the road then it's fine with me!!!

It's the same time/commute for most people living in a metro area going to a MNF game though... Rochester is only an hour drive. It makes no sense.

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I hope not. I hate Monday games- first of all, we always seem to lose on national TV and look pathetic. Second, they start way too late- by the time it's over, it's 1 am, and I'm either too hyper or too mad to sleep. Third, if they're home they never sell out- this doesn't affect me cuz I'm in DC but it keeps everyone in Buffalo from watching the games.

Huh? Night home games don't sell out?? The last 2 I have been to did. Which were about the last 2 in the last 10 years.

OpIv37
01-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Huh? Night home games don't sell out?? The last 2 I have been to did. Which were about the last 2 in the last 10 years.
when I lived in Rochester home night games NEVER sold out- or if they did, it was after the NFL deadline- we always had to listen to them on the radio.

wazz
01-25-2005, 07:10 PM

You dunno how lucky u are... for me, it kicks off just before 2am and finishes around half 5 or 6 in the morning. It always results in me looking my best for work or clas :shocked:

ShadowHawk7
01-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Where do you live?? Hey, as long as it's not SNF, I'm cool. MNF matchup b/w us and Jets? I could def see it happeing in NY.

wazz
01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
UK, where when it rain it rains, and when it doesn't rain it still rains!

The coverage of the games is great, but the timing on Mr Tagliabue (sp?) vbehalf is a little inconsiderate if u ask me, lol.

i ALWAYS give myself the day off after the superbowl, coz essentially that day doesn't exist in my diary.

BAM
01-25-2005, 08:31 PM
I hope it's our home opener. I'll be there. :up:

TigerJ
01-25-2005, 09:59 PM
I think so. Tom Donahoe has issued a public denial that the Bills have ever expressed a preference not to host Monday night games to the league.

The Natrix
01-25-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm thinking one away MNF game sometime mid-season.

imbondz
01-25-2005, 10:18 PM
there's nothing better than a 1pm game at the Ralph. but I wouldn't mind a MNF at least once next season

The_Philster
01-26-2005, 04:54 AM
I think so. Tom Donahoe has issued a public denial that the Bills have ever expressed a preference not to host Monday night games to the league.

If he did then he better do his research a little better...all he'd have to do is ask his boss :idunno:

Historian
01-26-2005, 05:46 AM
I'm thinking one Monday Nighter, and one Sunday Nighter and one nationally televised preseason game.

Ebenezer
01-26-2005, 08:49 AM
pass to all of them...I don't want this team on prime time until they have made the conference championships...

jamze132
01-26-2005, 04:53 PM
If we see a primetime game on our schedule, we might as well chalk that up as a loss and not even bother to play. I don't know what it it about this team right now when the spotlight is on them. Maybe it's Drew, I dunno. But I would love for us to be all over primetime when we can not pull a debacle.

HAMMER
01-26-2005, 06:38 PM
That's bunk, what a bunch of candy asses. So you're a little tired the next day at work, suck it up, it's football!