• Sep 2003

If lets say JP struggles...

and team goes 0-5? Would you want to go back to Drew? or stick with him

Just wondering, not saying i wanna
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Stick with him.

No question.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

You're assuming Drew's going to be here to begin with, aren't you?
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

If we're 0-5, who cares? the season's shot and we won't make the playoffs (2004 ring a bell?). Might as well let JP take his rookie lumps and gain experience if the season's already ruined.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• wazz
          • Jan 2004

if Losman is playing bad, and it looks like going 0-5, it's too late and the coaches should all be fired.

next year is playoffs without question. IF Losman genuinely wins the starters job from Bledsoe, goes in and struggles. and we are 0-2 starring 0-3 in the face, the coaches better start getting DB ready. Of course, if Losman beats out Bledsoe in camp it suggests he's better, but Experience is priceless and whilst i believe Losman should get his, it shouldn't be at the expense of the team.

Losman should not and will not be allowed to get to 0-5
          www.billsaddiction.com

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by wazz
            if Losman is playing bad, and it looks like going 0-5, it's too late and the coaches should all be fired.

next year is playoffs without question. IF Losman genuinely wins the starters job from Bledsoe, goes in and struggles. and we are 0-2 starring 0-3 in the face, the coaches better start getting DB ready. Of course, if Losman beats out Bledsoe in camp it suggests he's better, but Experience is priceless and whilst i believe Losman should get his, it shouldn't be at the expense of the team.

great post
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Drewpac
              • Jul 2002

If we go with Losman, we must stick with him the whole way. There's no point in pulling him if we start 0-5. For this reason, it makes sense to start the season with DB as the starter and to replace him with JP when he falters, OR to cut DB and name JP the starter during the offseason. I don't think it is healthy for JP's confidence to have to look over his shoulder at Bledsoe.

Comment

• wazz
                • Jan 2004

healthy or not. this team CAN win, and if it's not, you have to change the thing causing the innaccurate results. IF it's Losman, and he simply aint ready, try and save the team. Losman still has a long career ahead of him. If he goes in, faulters and isn't ready, we are in an enviable position of having the option to put someone in to give Losman the little time he needs.

Losmans biggest asset will be to be patient. his time WILL come, he has to know this, and he has to understand this. Yes every player wants to play, especially a first round pick, but if you aint ready, you aint ready, and when ur time comes, you WILL play. If he understands what "team" is, then having DB behind him wont be an issue, and he wont go 0-5 in the first place.
                www.billsaddiction.com

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac
                  If we go with Losman, we must stick with him the whole way. There's no point in pulling him if we start 0-5. For this reason, it makes sense to start the season with DB as the starter and to replace him with JP when he falters, OR to cut DB and name JP the starter during the offseason. I don't think it is healthy for JP's confidence to have to look over his shoulder at Bledsoe.
                  Yep. I really don't see Drew being a backup from game one. The only way I see Losman starting from the beginning is if Drew gets cut in the offseason which I think is going to happen.

Byrd.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by wazz

Agreed 100%... We better start more like 5-0 next season regardless to who we play....
                    @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Remember that we went 9-7 (two plays from 11-5) with QB play that was crappy more than it was good, so hopefully it won't matter much who the QB is; our fortunes depend more on the defense, running game and ST. That being equal, then go with JP ... better to get crappy QB play from a young guy learning the game than from a lame-duck vet.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Typical indecisive me, it depends. How bad does Losman look? Does he look as bad in the fifth game as he does in the first? I would tend to be very slow to give Losman the hook, but would not absolutely say he gets an open ended pass on his play.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Demon
                          • Mar 2003

If the coaching staff and management release Bledsoe or have him be backup for Losman and JP stuggles, like 0-5, like the post says, then i would put the blame for Mularkey, Clements and Donahoe because they have to make SURE their choice is the right one. I want Losman to play and i feel that Bledsoe is bad, but i am just a fan who PAYS money to see them play and not make millions like Mularkey and Donahoe. They need to make the right choice and Mr. Wilson is paying them enough money to make sure they do.
                          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

Nope. Stick with him.

Look at Carson Palmer, he started the year pretty bad, but improved dramatically throughout the year, and was playing lights out at the end of the year.
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• buffalofan19
                              God's gift to the Zone
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Crisis
                              Nope. Stick with him.

Look at Carson Palmer, he started the year pretty bad, but improved dramatically throughout the year, and was playing lights out at the end of the year.
                              Yes, but by the time he got things going the Bengals were out of postseason contention. Playoffs are a must in 2005. People say "It doesn't matter, the Bills will have their future groomed for a run". If that is the case that will be like the 5th rebuilding year in 7. Way too many IMO. The Bills have most if not all the pieces together right now (except maybe QB), it may not be the case in '06. Defense is getting old and wuite a few contracts will be up.

Also, I seriously think people are overestimating how well Losman will do because they are so ticked off at Bledsoe (alot of which, I admit, is meritable). But the learning curve is going to be alot bigger and alot more frustrating than people think. Young QB's with his level of skill take more than just one year to hone them to a winning level. Even Favre and Young, to whom JP is often compared took a while. If I'm not mistaken Atlanta traded Favre because they gave up on him. Big mistake, but my point is a guy like Losman is rarely instant success.
                              Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
                              Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
                              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
                              Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
                              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
                              Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
                              Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
                              Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
                              Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
                              Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

Working...