PDA

View Full Version : Do you THINK Bledsoe will be a Bill next year?

OpIv37
01-25-2005, 08:06 PM
This isn't about how much you like/hate him, whether or not you're an Amigo, etc. Honestly, do you think he will be on the roster next year, or do you think the team will let him go?

Mr.Right
01-25-2005, 08:17 PM
IF he's 'lucky': NO!
....he won't be on the Bills roster next season! :D:

Michael82
01-25-2005, 08:20 PM
I'd take Bledsoe over Rattay or Dorsey anyday.

wazz
01-25-2005, 08:22 PM
I think hes on the team. Not because i believe he's our best option, not coz TD holds onto him to try and make his big trade seem great, not because Losman isn't ready.

I think he'll be here because he is a guy who loves the game and is a great loyal guy. He believes he was bought in to do a jon, and i don;t think he wants out until that job is done. Yes the cap figure is an issue but i think he would re-work it simply for the opportunity to show in camp he IS the guy and can get the job done. I just don't beleive the team can say RIGHT NOW that Losman is going to be the guy, and with that seed of doubt they must have a guy on the roster that CAN get it done. Bledsoe can, and i don't believe there is a better FA QB veteran that can come in here to start and do better than the job that Bledsoe does.

It could even go this way, that Bledsoe does enough to leave a bigenough seed of doubt in the coaches minds about Losman, the result is that Losman needs a few more weeks, then if Bledsoe is struggling around week 4 or we're 2-2/2-3 then if Losman is looking like being ready you can throw him in..

But as a sraight "will he be on the roster" yes, i don't see any smart reason not to have him around. Experience is pricelss, as a palyer and as a teacher, Losman needs him more than many people will acknowledge

wazz
01-25-2005, 08:22 PM

:roflmao:

maybe he'll end up in San Fran.

Mr.Right
01-25-2005, 08:23 PM
I'd take Bledsoe over Rattay or Dorsey anyday.
I wouldn't!:nono:
And at this point, I would take just about any other QB in the league over those two! :down:

OpIv37
01-25-2005, 08:26 PM
And at this point, I would take just about any other QB in the league over those two! :down:
Fiedler and Feeley? Those jokers in Cleveland? Drew Henson and Testaverde in Dallas? Washed-up Kurt Warner and no-better than-JP Eli Manning in New Jersey A? Chad Pennington and a cokehead in New Jersey B?

Please- Buffalo's QB situation is tough but it's hardly the worst in the league. I hope this is a reflection of your desire to start **** and not your football knowledge (or lack thereof).

Mr.Right
01-25-2005, 08:27 PM

maybe he'll end up in San Fran.
THATS NOT FUNNY!!!!!
:shocked:
don't even joke about that! :madcurse:
Sad thing is, that DOES sound like something that John Dork....er.. YORK would do! :unhappy:

OpIv37
01-25-2005, 08:28 PM
oh, and to answer my own question, I think Bledsoe comes back as a mentor to Losman and because of lack of other options.

Michael82
01-25-2005, 08:29 PM
THATS NOT FUNNY!!!!!
:shocked:
don't even joke about that! :madcurse:
Sad thing is, that DOES sound like something that John Dork....er.. YORK would do! :unhappy:
I bet you miss the good owner...the one that knew what he was doing before York decided to let his coach and top QB, and WR go. :snicker:

ScottLawrence
01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
After the season ended I would've said yes but, after reading all these reports that suggest Losman will start, I don't think he will be.(THANK GOD!)

And, to tell you the truth, I would take a healthy Rattay over Bledsoe anyday.

Michael82
01-25-2005, 08:31 PM
You'd take Fiedler or Feeley over Dorsey or Rattay?

hmmm...I wouldn't. I think Dorsey is going to be a pretty good QB, but he needs some weapons. If only Owens was still there...:snicker:

Crisis
I remember Mr. Right thinking the Erickson hire was great when it happened.

:rofl:

Michael82

i bet he likes the Nolan hire too. :snicker:

Hemlepp53
01-25-2005, 08:34 PM
I honestly think Drew will seek an other option himself if allowed. He knows his time as a STARTER if he remains a Bill is limited. Espically with JP Healthy and Ready to play. I like Drew as a person myself, Humble, Giving, And Greatful.. Perfect for a Neighbor, but we need.. Calm, Driven, Patient, Alert, Aggressive, and Mobile... Not Bledsoe... Not a Good QB... Drew's my FIRST Choice for a Homie... BUT he's one of my last choices for our Starting QB next season. Just My Two Cents!!!

Mr.Right
01-25-2005, 08:35 PM

:doh:I did, didn't I? :shakeno:

And NO, I wouldn't take the Dolphins QBs over Rattay and Dorsey....
BUT I would rather have Jay Fiedler starting for my favorite team than Drew Bledsoe! :down:

justasportsfan
01-25-2005, 08:42 PM
He believes he was bought in to do a jon, and i don;t think he wants out until that job is done.
He didn't get the job don in Ne ,now did he? I doubt the Pats would be going to their 3rd sb if he was still their qb. I don't think they would've won one if he was still there.

Bills 4 life
01-25-2005, 09:31 PM
DREW TO DALLAS REUNITED WITH THE TUNA.

buffalofan19
01-25-2005, 09:41 PM
I honestly think he stays/takes the paycut. He does not seem to want to leave. I heard on WGR that his kids actuallly like it in Buffalo and he does not want to move again (and we all know that he is a huge family guy). I also think there is going to be an "open" competition for the QB spot. They definitely won't just hand it to Drew Bledsoe after last season and Donahoe's comments and something tells me that they will not just hand it to Losman either. If this competition occurs, I think Bledsoe wins, because of experience, and also because he is the prototypical golden boy in practice. Great mechanics, knows the offense very well. It's the games against good opponents that have been his achilles heel. And for that reason, I also think he will not be given a very long leash at all.

wazz
01-25-2005, 09:45 PM
He didn't get the job don in Ne ,now did he? I doubt the Pats would be going to their 3rd sb if he was still their qb. I don't think they would've won one if he was still there.

He carried them to one.

and when Brady went down championship game against the Steelrs didn't Bledsoe come on and get them the TD that got them into the Superbowl?

i agree that he wouldn't have taken THIS new england team to 3 superbowls, i don't think he;d have taken them to any. he couldn't run that offence and he still has issues on the short quick dink and dunck pass. but this doesn't make him a bad or failed QB.

JD
01-25-2005, 11:59 PM
For the 10 of you that said he wont be a bill next year; what would we get for him and who would be willing to take his washed up candy ass?

Mr. Cynical
01-26-2005, 01:05 AM
If there is any shred of intelligence at OBD, he will either be cut or traded. He needs to go so we can close the book on The Savior That Never Was.

Historian
01-26-2005, 07:15 AM
DREW TO DALLAS REUNITED WITH THE TUNA.

I don't think so. Drew couldn't wait for Tuna to leave New England, so he could slack off under Pansy Pete, and dive into late night mosh pits.

His career really hasn't been the same since.

justasportsfan
01-26-2005, 07:27 AM
He carried them to one.

and when Brady went down championship game against the Steelrs didn't Bledsoe come on and get them the TD that got them into the Superbowl?

i agree that he wouldn't have taken THIS new england team to 3 superbowls, i don't think he;d have taken them to any. he couldn't run that offence and he still has issues on the short quick dink and dunck pass. but this doesn't make him a bad or failed QB. I thought the goal was to win a sb? He didn't get them one. Brady got them 2 and maybe 3. His job for the bills is to win a sb. In 3 years we ahven't made a playoff. I say he hasn't gotten the job done here and can't.

Against Pitts in that playoff , he was nothing but average. All he had to do was not screw up then and he was successful. He can't even do that anymore these days.

mybills
01-26-2005, 07:55 AM
This isn't about how much you like/hate him, whether or not you're an Amigo, etc. Honestly, do you think he will be on the roster next year, or do you think the team will let him go?
Oh crap, I should have read this before I cast my vote. :snicker: :mex:

mybills
01-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Against Pitts in that playoff , he was nothing but average.
He threw the ball at the receiver's shins, wouldn't that make him <b>below</b> average? :snicker:

The King
01-26-2005, 08:08 AM
I thought the goal was to win a sb? He didn't get them one. Brady got them 2 and maybe 3. His job for the bills is to win a sb. In 3 years we ahven't made a playoff. I say he hasn't gotten the job done here and can't.

Against Pitts in that playoff , he was nothing but average. All he had to do was not screw up then and he was successful. He can't even do that anymore these days.

The 97' Superbowl was lost before the game was even played. Parcels lost that game not the Patriots.

The AFC Championship your right he was average. BUT he came off the bench after 10 weeks off and instantly changed the pace of the game getting NE the win. Ill never forget how quiet that stadium was when Brady went down and Bledsoe came onto the field. I was watching the game with a kid from Pitt and he called the game at that moment.

FTG
01-26-2005, 08:25 AM
I think it's up to Bledsoe. From what has been said by TD and Wilson my gut feeling is they wanna see what they have in JP. If Drew is willing to take a paycut and be the backup he will be back. If he wants a shot at starting somewhere they will release him and give him that chance. Because of that I say no. He believes he can still start and will not want to come back as a backup.

justasportsfan
01-26-2005, 10:41 AM
The 97' Superbowl was lost before the game was even played. Parcels lost that game not the Patriots.

The AFC Championship your right he was average. BUT he came off the bench after 10 weeks off and instantly changed the pace of the game getting NE the win. Ill never forget how quiet that stadium was when Brady went down and Bledsoe came onto the field. I was watching the game with a kid from Pitt and he called the game at that moment.

You are mising my point. He is supposed to get the job done and he isn't . As a matter of FACT he is PART of the PROBLEM and is being paid a lot for being such. His job is to help the team win a sb and not be part of the reason why we can't even make playoffs.

Drew was brought in to make this team better and he isn't even though moves were made to make him succeed. The only time he does his job is when we play weak teams. Even then he's been average for the bills.

jamze132
01-26-2005, 04:44 PM
oh, and to answer my own question, I think Bledsoe comes back as a mentor to Losman and because of lack of other options.

:clap: