PDA

View Full Version : I had dinner with a hall of famer!!!!!

tampabay25690
01-26-2005, 01:28 AM
Hey guys

I figured I would share a little something with you tonight. I was invited with my boss to a reception tonight for Shula's steak house it was there 10 year anniversary in Tampa tonight. There was over 300 people invited and I was 1 of 12 people invited in a private room with HAll of Fame coach Don Shula and his son David Shula. I have to say these might be the classiest guys I have ever been around. 1 other guy who works for Don was also from Buffalo and DOn was talking to the table about his trips to the Buff. He said it was one of the hardest places he has ever played. He said Buffalo fans are as dedicated as any fans in the NFL......

I will say Don hasnt changed a bit he was talking about the superbowl and, what he thought about the Dolphins this year!!!!!

clumping platelets
01-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Dolphins in the SB :rofl:

That's awesome to have a chance like that. We need to set something like that up for when the Bills visit TB next season :up:

tampabay25690
01-26-2005, 02:11 AM
Dolphins in the SB :rofl:

That's awesome to have a chance like that. We need to set something like that up for when the Bills visit TB next season :up:

Trust me this was a once and a million chance..........We were having $75.00-$100.00 bottles of wine,full course dinner, one glass after another it was great.....

But when the schedule comes out I am gonna work something out the Bucs vs Bills game................

mybills
01-26-2005, 06:46 AM
That would be great if you can, I'm 99% sure I'll be at that game! :up:

ryjam282
01-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Trust me this was a once and a million chance..........We were having $75.00-$100.00 bottles of wine,full course dinner, one glass after another it was great.....

But when the schedule comes out I am gonna work something out the Bucs vs Bills game................

Hook me up with a ticket. :up: I wanna sit in the boat.

Earthquake Enyart
01-26-2005, 07:04 AM
I will never, ever set foot in a place owned by Shula.

Your Bills fan membership card should be revoked. Stat.

mybills
01-26-2005, 07:39 AM
You won't have to, I think he said the party will be at his house. :;

justasportsfan
01-26-2005, 07:43 AM

Your Bills fan membership card should be revoked. Stat.I worked at the Shula's steak house in Fl. for 4 years. He and his son were the classiest guys I've ever met. They were both bills fans when Jimmy Johnson was the HC of the fins (true story, just add jets and pats) .

justasportsfan
01-26-2005, 07:43 AM
what he thought about the Dolphins this year!!!!!
well????

tampabay25690
01-26-2005, 08:54 AM
well????

He was just talking about the Ricky situation and the injury to David Boston so early in the season.

tampabay25690
01-26-2005, 08:55 AM
I worked at the Shula's steak house in Fl. for 4 years. He and his son were the classiest guys I've ever met. They were both bills fans when Jimmy Johnson was the HC of the fins (true story, just add jets and pats) .

It is true he was talking about the Bills and the whole afc east. I have to admit I had a great time..

tampabay25690
01-26-2005, 08:56 AM

I apprecaite you wanting to get me out of the zone!!! Thats great..

Earthquake Enyart
01-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I apprecaite you wanting to get me out of the zone!!! Thats great..
Don Shula is the anti-christ. Don't be fooled by the deception.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-26-2005, 09:30 AM

Funny...I thought Bill Bellichek was....

For some reason I never hated Don Shula. I have hated lots of other coaches....Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wannstedt, Chuck Knox, The Tuna, John Gruden, etc etc....

Earthquake Enyart
01-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Funny...I thought Bill Bellichek was....

For some reason I never hated Don Shula. I have hated lots of other coaches....Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wannstedt, Chuck Knox, The Tuna, John Gruden, etc etc....
You obviously didn't live through the 0 for the 70's where we lost 20 games in a row to those buttholes.. :mad:

Ebenezer
01-26-2005, 09:39 AM

You obviously didn't live through the 0 for the 70's where we lost 20 games in a row to those buttholes.. :mad:

I'm agreeing with EE on this one...the 'Fins are never allowed to win anything and Shula is never to be praised.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-26-2005, 10:11 AM

You're right. Glad I was just a wee one then...

jamze132
01-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Getting to serve Shula must have really been an experience for a Bills fan. Should have slipped him a roofie.

THATHURMANATOR
01-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Cool man. That sounds awesome. I trust you represented though.

Meathead
01-26-2005, 05:14 PM
He and his son were the classiest guys I've ever met. They were both bills fans when Jimmy Johnson was the HC of the fins (true story, just add jets and pats) .
That's good to hear.

I always thought Shula Sr. was a real down to earth sort, but you can't tell very well from the limited view of television. So many people that get a taste of fame are complete *******s. After meeting a few sports celebs when I was a kid I just stopped even bothering anymore because they were so repulsive personality wise. I'm glad Shula wasn't like that because he's one of only three Fish I ever really liked.