PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs Area

SabreEleven
08-01-2002, 03:35 PM
:pet: Anybody here from the Colorado Springs Area? Might want to start a Bills Backers Club in the area. That would be sweet.
The sweetest wall paper ever.

JefftheBillsfan
08-01-2002, 04:10 PM
Sorry, not around there myself, but welcome aboard, trust me the site is addicting.

TigerJ
08-01-2002, 04:27 PM
Hopefully this doesn't upset people, but on that other Bills board, where a falling out/missunderstanding/misscommunication? led to the formation of this board, there is a Bills fan who hails from somewhere out in that neighborhood.

Cntrygal
08-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Welcome Sabre11!!!!!!!!! :)

SabreEleven
08-01-2002, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the Welcome. I found the site addicting and I just discovered it yesterday from a link on Drew Bledsoe's site. Cannot wait for the season to start.
:gobills:

JefftheBillsfan
08-01-2002, 08:28 PM
You aren't alone there...we are all excited!

SABURZFAN
08-03-2002, 07:04 AM
i'm sure a few of us will be going to denver(not to be confused with jon denvur)this year.

SabreEleven
08-04-2002, 08:16 AM
That John Denvur is full of *****..........

Dozerdog
08-04-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Hopefully this doesn't upset people, but on that other Bills board, where a falling out/missunderstanding/misscommunication? led to the formation of this board, there is a Bills fan who hails from somewhere out in that neighborhood. Tiger-

THIS IS NOT THE OTHER BOARD!

Feel free to mention any other Bills site without censorship or recrimination.! LOL

Billsinsider.com
TwoBillsDrive
BuffaloBills.com
BillsRock
Shout
BillsDaily

To answeryour question, I Believe "Flown The Coop" hails from Colorado Springs as well. Get his behind over here! :D

FlownTheCoop
08-05-2002, 01:29 PM
I'm here and hailing from the Springs, or as all the road signs proclaim it - Colo Spgs (don't ask me why...)

Valerie
08-05-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey, Flown, I was in Old Town on Saturday. I walked most of King Street and passed Bugsy's. I have been there. Have you ever been to King Fish (not on King Street)? I do love Old Town. I bet you miss it too.

FlownTheCoop
08-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Definitely - I've been there as well, as Old Town is a great place to walk around with bars and restaurants...

BTW, I just love these damn Washington Post writers anointing the Redskins' Steve Spurrier King of the Redskins after that pre-season game Saturday. It was their possible starting QB against the third-string 49er defense (a team that looked ready to hit the plane back to California...)

They'll learn come September 8th...

Valerie
08-05-2002, 01:44 PM
AHHHH! I can't even bear to hear about the Skins. I've learned to tune them out for the most part. Yeah, they're hailing Spurrier now, but wait until the Skins lose a few games, then he'll be crucified! And I still bet he'll be out on his ass at the end of this season. I bet that's one thing you don't miss about this area. lol

SabreEleven
08-05-2002, 01:47 PM
Hey FTC, where do you watch the Bills at or if at all? Do you head up to Denver? or to do have some place here in the Springs. I'm at Peterson.

FlownTheCoop
08-05-2002, 02:02 PM
Sabre11-

I have the dish, but a good place to watch Bills games is up in Denver at LoDo's, as the Colorado Bills Backers are there...

There are also some good bars around the Springs, as a lot of people at my work swear by the Overtime, although it's a Steelers bar...

Jaded-

The only problem is I traded idiotic Redskins talk for moronic Broncos coverage - although right now, I think the Skins is worse.

I just thought it's pretty telling that Spurrier is trying to pump up his QB's confidence by using them against the 49er scrubs. They looked awful in the first quarter, which is what really telling in pre-season...

SabreEleven
08-05-2002, 02:08 PM
FTC
You mean you have DirectTV with the Sunday Ticket? I heard about LoDo's I might have to check it out.

Valerie
08-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Flown, I still think Skins talk is worse than anything else. And the little I did see of that game was horrible. I thought Spurrier was annoying in that little interview he did with that girl before the game. But, what I hated the most about that game, other than the score lol was seeing Joe Theismann there, announcing! In his burgundy and gold tie! He annoys the hell out of me, more so than anyone else I know! Have you ever been to his restaurant in Old Town but the King Street metro? I've never been and frankly I wouldn't go there if it was the only place that had food in the world. I'd rather starve.

FlownTheCoop
08-05-2002, 03:09 PM
S11-

Yep - DirecTV is right now the only satellite carrier with Sunday Ticket, although that may change AFTER this season.

LoDo's is a Bills bar, right near Coors Field in Denver - there are other places around the Springs to watch the games, but that's the best regular Buffalo bar 'round (and of course, when the Bills come to town, no Sabres, dammit...)

Jaded-

It definitely is annoying, although I no longer have to watch George (melting man) Michael do the Redskins schlocking every sportscast...

Believe it or not, Theismann's restaurant is a pretty decent sports bar and not bad food, once you get past the bad taste of Skins stuff on the walls...

SabreEleven
08-05-2002, 03:31 PM
FTC
where do you live around the Springs? I might be able to help you out on the Sabres games if you are interested...and you can help me out on the Bills games...

FlownTheCoop
08-05-2002, 03:34 PM
I'm over near the Broadmoor - I've got the Sabres games covered as well with Center Ice...

I'm just annoyed that I moved here two days after the Sabres were at the Pepsi Center last January, and now the Sabres aren't coming at all this season.

Oh well, at least I get to see the Bills this fall at Invesco...

Cntrygal
08-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Welcome FlownTheCoop!!!!!!!!!!! :)

lordofgun
08-05-2002, 07:50 PM
welcome aboard FTC!

denverbills
08-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Check out the Colorado Bills Backers in downtown Denver...big plans for the Bills game 9/22

http://www.coloradobills.com

lordofgun
08-11-2002, 04:17 PM
Welcome denverbills! I know we have a few people from your area. Hope you have a GREAT time!

Cntrygal
08-11-2002, 05:47 PM
Welcome denverbills!!!!!!!!!!

I can manage it, I plan on coming in for the game!

SabreEleven
08-11-2002, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the invite DenverBills, i'm already a member of that site...