PDA

View Full Version : NHL and NHLPA Meet Today

SkateZilla
01-26-2005, 08:21 AM
They Meet today... Last Meeting Before Cancelling the season According to ESPN,

Also NHL Proposes A New Format For the Shortened Season..

24 Game Season (Qualifying Round)
30 Team Play Offs... Best Of 3, Best Of 3 THen Best Of 5, and Best of 7 For the Finals..

not far from my idea..

a longer post season might make them more money actually

Myers57
01-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Hope!

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Someone brought this up before and I have to agree. Tank the season and draft Sydney Crosby. Who would want to win the Stanley Cup this year, you will always have an astericks next to your name when it comes to the cup. Tank the season, draft the best young player since Mario and move forward from there.

SABuffalo786
01-27-2005, 09:48 AM
F that, I want a Cup in my lifetime, asterix be damned!!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-27-2005, 11:44 AM
F that, I want a Cup in my lifetime, asterix be damned!!!

Trust me:

1. You don't want this years cup
2. The Sabres won't win it this year anyway

Turf
01-27-2005, 06:10 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp;jsessionid=FNEMNLFMKAKH?content=20050126_122859_2272

qcsabresfan84
01-27-2005, 06:40 PM
24 Game Season (Qualifying Round)
30 Team Play Offs... Best Of 3, Best Of 3 THen Best Of 5, and Best of 7 For the Finals..

not far from my idea..

something seems kind of fishy about that. it doesnt quite seem possible to be able to eliminate 28 teams in four rounds. Either those numbers are off, or there would have to be at least five rounds of playoffs, which would be kind of crazy.

SabreEleven
01-28-2005, 12:28 AM
30 team playoff would leave 15 teams in the second round..Wouldn't work.

Typ0
01-28-2005, 01:40 AM
If the Sabres won a cup I could deal with an asterics :D.

SkateZilla
01-28-2005, 07:59 AM
something seems kind of fishy about that. it doesnt quite seem possible to be able to eliminate 28 teams in four rounds. Either those numbers are off, or there would have to be at least five rounds of playoffs, which would be kind of crazy.

let me clear up some stuff..

1st 2 Rounds Are Best Of 3,

All Rounds Following Are best of 5,

And the Cup Finals Are Best of 7,

1 Team Will Have a Bye Most Likely... that or Edmonton Operations will be suspended if theres no CAP...

SABuffalo786
01-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Any news?

SkateZilla
01-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Any news?

no they are meeting again today..

espn News Reports a SoftCAP maybe the solution..

JD
01-28-2005, 01:24 PM
WTF why arnt they saying anything on NHL.COM OR CBANEWS???????!!!!???

qcsabresfan84
01-28-2005, 02:11 PM
WTF why arnt they saying anything on NHL.COM OR CBANEWS???????!!!!???
its because nhl.com is biased. it shows everything from the point of view of gary bettman.

SkateZilla
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
www.nhlpa.com lets people know about hte meetings... and hte results..

and how much ghetto plyers that half ass it like Miro Get paid :), and how much money he's Made in his PRO carreer.

funny.. NHLPA also has their proposals Online.. while the NHL dont... so technically the NHLPA is letting everyone know what they want...

i should prolly change my sig to the boy pissing on NHL and the PA... because players dont want a cap.. but no cap would automatically suspend 4 to 6 franchises..

Ebenezer
01-28-2005, 03:12 PM
www.nhlpa.com lets people know about hte meetings... and hte results..

and how much ghetto plyers that half ass it like Miro Get paid :), and how much money he's Made in his PRO carreer.

funny.. NHLPA also has their proposals Online.. while the NHL dont... so technically the NHLPA is letting everyone know what they want...

i should prolly change my sig to the boy pissing on NHL and the PA... because players dont want a cap.. but no cap would automatically suspend 4 to 6 franchises..
look...get over it...everytime the owners say the phrase "salary cap" the players go into convulsions...it's over...they have 3 days to get it done and apparently the owners are not going to relent this time...the players will accept a salary cap or there will be no hockey.

SkateZilla
01-28-2005, 06:58 PM
the proposal the NHL said they incorporated a SOFT-CAP..

But NHLPA Didnt Like the Terms... So... Maybe the NHL is Done for the Year..

No Biggie.. the AHL is Having a Good Year.. No Need to Spoil it ...

SabreEleven
01-28-2005, 10:13 PM
look...get over it...everytime the owners say the phrase "salary cap" the players go into convulsions...it's over...they have 3 days to get it done and apparently the owners are not going to relent this time...the players will accept a salary cap or there will be no hockey.

Agreed. The owners are SAVING money by not playing the games. Why should they care if there is hockey

SkateZilla
01-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Agreed. The owners are SAVING money by not playing the games. Why should they care if there is hockey

Golisano Said That.. lmao..

Screw it Promote AHL to NHL :)...