PDA

View Full Version : Report out of Tampa this AM

tampabay25690
01-26-2005, 08:59 AM
It looks like as of right now the Bucs are very interested in signing Lamont Jordan now from the Jets. In the paper this morning they stated they were interested in Travis but there low 2nd round draft pick is what the Bills wanted. With Paul Hackett coming from the Jets and going to the Bucs, there is a very good chance he will end up in Tampa now.....

Ebenezer
01-26-2005, 09:03 AM
The faster the Bills deal him the more they will get...once trades are allowed if they keep holding on to him they will not get value back...

FTG
01-26-2005, 09:21 AM
I'd take thier early 3rd for Henry.

ryjam282
01-26-2005, 09:43 AM
He needs to be moved ASAP.

Billsouth
01-26-2005, 09:44 AM
not me. he is worth at least a 2nd

dannyek71
01-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Werent the Jets going to Franchise L Jordan?

Earthquake Enyart
01-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Lock Lamont Jordan in at a top 3 salary? No way.

Mr. Miyagi
01-26-2005, 10:07 AM
No. They basically already announced that they'll spend their franchise tag on Abraham.

Ebenezer
01-26-2005, 10:08 AM
not with their cap...

juice
01-26-2005, 10:28 AM
No. They basically already announced that they'll spend their franchise tag on Abraham.Guys on GangGreen are saying that ESPN radio is reporting that the Franchise tag will be used on Jordan.

Here is the article about Bucs interest in Jordan.

bucs.tbo.com/bucs/mgbxnovxe4e.html (http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBXNOVXE4E.html)

DraftBoy
01-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Guys on GangGreen are saying that ESPN radio is reporting that the Franchise tag will be used on Jordan.

WTF are they nuts! God I hope so!!

TD GET ON THE DAMN PHONE TO ABRAHAM AND ELLIS'S AGENTS NOW!

FTG
01-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Guys on GangGreen are saying that ESPN radio is reporting that the Franchise tag will be used on Jordan.

If they are gonna franchise him it must be they are gonna try and trade him like we did with Price. No way they keep the tag on him and pay him top 3 money...............unless they are crazy

DraftBoy
01-26-2005, 10:40 AM
If they are gonna franchise him it must be they are gonna try and trade him like we did with Price. No way they keep the tag on him and pay him top 3 money...............unless they are crazy

Maybe Curtis is retiring

Ebenezer
01-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Maybe Curtis is retiring
or would they deal Martin??

DraftBoy
01-26-2005, 10:53 AM
or would they deal Martin??

If he was cheap enough ARZ would take another aging RB

juice
01-26-2005, 10:53 AM

bucs.tbo.com/bucs/mgbxnovxe4e.html (http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBXNOVXE4E.html)The Posters on GangGreen are now clarifying the ESPNRadio report as having said that the Jets have to Decide between Franchising Jordan and Abraham.. basically nothing new except they have to decide between the Two.

Seems like a no-brainer because RBs of Jordans calliber seem to be a dime-a-dozen in the draft and FA.

dannyek71
01-26-2005, 11:31 AM
No. They basically already announced that they'll spend their franchise tag on Abraham.
Ok my fault...

When i thought I heard they franchised Jordan, i was wondering why they would spend so much $$$ on him:shocked:

Ickybaluky
01-26-2005, 11:34 AM
WTF are they nuts! God I hope so!!

TD GET ON THE DAMN PHONE TO ABRAHAM AND ELLIS'S AGENTS NOW!

Ellis was extended to a long-term deal during the season and is not a FA. They are tagging Abraham.

I would think Jordan is going to see a lot of interest. Besides Tampa, Oakland is said to be very interested in signing him.

Earthquake Enyart
01-26-2005, 11:42 AM
The way Abraham tanked it in the playoffs, I wouldn't franchise him either.

ShadowHawk7
01-26-2005, 11:43 AM
I'd take thier early 3rd for Henry.

I'd consider that too. It's really a buyers market out there w/ FA and the draft this year.

Billsouth
01-26-2005, 01:48 PM
no way would i accept a 3rd rounder for a 26 yo rb who already is a probowler and has had multiple 1000 yard seasons. u think some unproven rookie like brown or cadillac that will be taken in the top 10 (and is only a few years younger) is worth that much more. also, consider the fact that henry can be locked up for A LOT less cap money.

i think that if td trades for a 3rd rounder he should be fired immediately.

FTG
01-26-2005, 01:58 PM

Thats likely the best we're gonna get. Some are overvaluing an injury prone, fumbling prone running back

Ebenezer
01-26-2005, 02:04 PM
no way would i accept a 3rd rounder for a 26 yo rb who already is a probowler and has had multiple 1000 yard seasons. u think some unproven rookie like brown or cadillac that will be taken in the top 10 (and is only a few years younger) is worth that much more. also, consider the fact that henry can be locked up for A LOT less cap money.

he is worth $1.25M against a team's cap and he is only signed for 1 year and then becomes an unresticted free agent...not so cheap and not so secure...as FTG said, he fumbles a lot and has had 2 broken legs...combine that with the legal stuff and that he is not the sharpest tack in the box and a 3rd might be a good thing.