Can the Bills put the Transition player tag on Jennings??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Can the Bills put the Transition player tag on Jennings??

Anybody know if the Bills still have their Transition Tag? This would be a great way to get some compensation for Jennings if they did and were willing to roll the dice on him.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

save it for Evans or McGahee
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
      save it for Evans or McGahee
      Evans is still 3 years away and McGahee 2 or 3 away from beeing re-upped. If both play like they did last season I doubt we let either one leave freely.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

If we put a transition tag on him, no one would offer that much money for a mediocre tackle. We'd be stuck with him, and pay him too much money to boot.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

We only signed Evans for 4 years? Shoot, why not 5 or 6 based on incentives? I think McGahee orginally signed for 5 years based on incentives
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• finsrclowns
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Anybody know if the Bills still have their Transition Tag? This would be a great way to get some compensation for Jennings if they did and were willing to roll the dice on him.
            My understanding is the "transition" tag offers the tagging team only the right to match an offer sheet signed by the player with another team. If the tagging team doesn't match, the player goes to the signing team. That was the situation with Spikes and Cincy. The Bengals put the "transition" tag on Spikes but since they failed to match our offer, they got nothing for him. The only way you can get compensation with a tag is to franchise tag him, which we won't do with Jennings.
            finsrclowns

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
              We only signed Evans for 4 years? Shoot, why not 5 or 6 based on incentives? I think McGahee orginally signed for 5 years based on incentives
              McGahee was only signed through 2007 - not bad considering the injury

...Evans is signed through 2009.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
              X