• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

What do the playoffs mean to you?

To me they dont mean jack unless we win the whole thing. Alot of people are saying that we have to make the playoffs next season...Why? We are not good enough to beat NE yet, hell we couldnt beat PIT reserves when it really matter, I dont see the difference in not making the playoffs and getting booted in rd 1 or 2 of the playoffs. This team is no guarantee next season to even make the playoffs given the fact that we will most likely go through minimal change, and maybe have a new QB. Personally I hope we do if Losman wins it in camp but id also be very happy to 1-15 and see him progress well over the course of this next season. Ill take losing season now for better results later.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

I agree that the playoffs are overated. Big deal if we get 1 extra game. I'd rather have them build a team that can go all the way in a 2-3 years. Thats why JP needs to start.

However............for us to go 1-15 I don't think JP would be progressing. He would have to be absolutely terrible for us to have that record.
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Playoffs mean everything. First, you can't win it all if you're not even invited. Second, even if the Bills bow out early the experience is still good. Third- any given Sunday, that's why they play the game- pick your favorite cliche about how you never know who's going to win. Finally, we were 9-7 and one game out- the only way to show progress next season is to make the playoffs.

I'm sick of rebuilding- 1-15 is not going to cut it next year.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Playoffs mean everything. First, you can't win it all if you're not even invited. Second, even if the Bills bow out early the experience is still good. Third- any given Sunday, that's why they play the game- pick your favorite cliche about how you never know who's going to win. Finally, we were 9-7 and one game out- the only way to show progress next season is to make the playoffs.

I'm sick of rebuilding- 1-15 is not going to cut it next year.

Since your sick and rebuilding from now on we'll just sign all the guys 28 and up and trade all are draft picks from them bc we are sick of rebuilding, you do know that rebuilding takes 10-12 seasons. We were all gung ho for it 5 seasons ago and now in the middle of it, we are sick of it...makes no sense, the whole damn team had to be revamped and we are doing that through the draft the convential way not through bandaid FA signings.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

why does rebuilding take 10-12 seasons? How many coaches do most NFL teams go through in that amount of time? What positions are still productive after 5 seasons? Rebuilding should take 5 years tops.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FTG
            • Aug 2004

I agree that rebuilding sure does not take 10-12 years.
            Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

I am with OP on this one. The playoffs are everything. At the Pittsburg game all I was thinking was get in and you never know. I agree, if you aren't in it you can't win it. I would rather be Pittsburgh who has had a good team for the past 10 years but can't win it all than be the Bengals who are either bad or they have hope of getting better.

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Although just making the playoffs would be great since we haven't seen them in forever, I would still be disapointed if we don't win the big one. Thats why they play the game and thats why we watch.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                  I agree that rebuilding sure does not take 10-12 years.

We are now arguably 5-6 season in, and still have ways to go

Rookie QB who is gonna need 2-3 seasons to get near his prime, #3 WR still needed, #1 WR may be needed, still no definite DL or OL, DB is still a concern we wont be done rebuilding for 4 seasons.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

Man our defense is gonna retire if Drew starts next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X