PDA

View Full Version : Potential Trades...your take...

Ebenezer
01-26-2005, 02:05 PM
would anybody be upset if TD were to trade away Drew Bledsoe, Travis Henry and Josh Reed???

What would you want in return? I'd be happy with 3rd round choices for each of them...with a 2nd and 4 3rd rounders I am sure that TD could do some wheeling and deeling and get us back in the first round and save some money on the cap.

:feedback:

The King
01-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Bledsoe has little to no trade value because teams know its his last year here, and they could get him for nothing in a year. You best bet would be to package Reed and Henry for like a Bryant Johnson and a #3 something along those lines. But trades are not easy to come by so moving all three is a pipe dream

djjimkelly
01-26-2005, 02:10 PM
im just being a realist drew has zero trade value at this point in his career IMO that isnt drew bashing just reality. he will play somewhere next year just not for big $$$ and becuz of that no one will trade for him and if someone is foolish enough maybe a 5th at best. henry will net a 2nd rounder and josh reed isnt going anywhere IMO

FTG
01-26-2005, 02:12 PM
I'd be very happy with that because I don't think we could get close to 3rd round picks for Drew or Reed

Iehoshua
01-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Trade'em all and get whatever we can. I will shed no tears over any of them. I think Travis was a good back but to me, he came off like the starting job was handed to Willis instead of McGahee playing better which is total bullcrap.
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?ID=109922

Henry kept quiet about his demotion over the past two months, but Monday, he said "I don't think I lost my job. It was given away ... so let's get that straight."
F that, Travis, you punk! You stank up the joint and Willis stomped your tail out of the spot because he was BETTER!

McGahee urged Henry to stay, challenging his teammate to come back and battle for the starting job.

"I'm pretty sure he's going to be back," McGahee said. "He's got to come back and fight for it, fight for what's yours because I would do the same thing."
No he's not, Willis. He won't stay and he won't compete cuz it was obvious to the world you are a better back than he is and he knows it. He's too much of a ***** to admit it, thus saying the job was 'given away.'

Screw Henry, screw Dropsie Reed, and the biggest "screw you" to Bledsoe.

Trade'em ALL.

Devin
01-26-2005, 02:18 PM
soooooo how do you really feel?

FTG
01-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Henry running his damn mouth like that in the press is pissing me off. Teams see that and it drives down his trade value. They know we have to move him when he mouths off like that

Iehoshua
01-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Henry running his damn mouth like that in the press is pissing me off. Teams see that and it drives down his trade value. They know we have to move him when he mouths off like that
I lost a lot of respect for Henry after seeing these comments. Willis probably lost respect for him, too.

eyedog
01-26-2005, 03:00 PM
I would take 3rd round draft choices for all three of those guys too. Don't hold your breath though. Henry will probably get a 3rd, bledsoe might be cut and the other teams know it so you get nothing there, Reed you might get a late round pick at best, but I doubt it.

Jan Reimers
01-26-2005, 03:57 PM
I would keep Reed, who still might blossom into a decent 3rd receiver. If Aiken beats him out for that job, Reed still provides depth at the number 4 spot.

Travis needs to go, and should be worth a 3rd rounder.

If Drew won't restructure, and/or refuses a backup role, we should get what we can via player trade or draft pick. It probably won't be as high as a 3rd rounder, however.

Iehoshua
01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
I would keep Reed, who still might blossom into a decent 3rd receiver. If Aiken beats him out for that job, Reed still provides depth at the number 4 spot.

Travis needs to go, and should be worth a 3rd rounder.

If Drew won't restructure, and/or refuses a backup role, we should get what we can via player trade or draft pick. It probably won't be as high as a 3rd rounder, however.
I think we'd do well to get a 5th or 6th for Drew. It reminds me of the Tim Couch situation, where the Browns wanted to trade him but since teams knew they HAD to unload him, they just waited for him to be cut.

jamze132
01-26-2005, 04:20 PM
I want to see Reed stay with us this year as well as Drew for the sole purpose of JP's clipboard holder. Ya gotta give it up for Drew. He earned that clipboard!

:clap:

Mr. Cynical
01-26-2005, 07:01 PM
*** Clearance Sale ***

All 3 items must go! Marked down to incredible prices!

Get whatever you can for them. First and foremost get an OL and a DL however possible.

OpIv37
01-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Henry's a decent back but his time here has come and gone- thanks for the 1400 yard seasons, but Willis is the man now. Hopefully we'll get a second for him

As far as Bledsoe and Reed- well I'm not sold on Reed, but losing him would mean Sam Aiken and J Smith would have to step up or we'd need to find a third WR. If we got a 3rd rounder for him it would be worth it, but that's unlikely.

Bledsoe- I'd rather see him stay as a back up so we have someone with experience and familiarity with the system behind Losman. But as far as trade bait I don't think it matters- no one will take him, because if the Bills start shopping him, everyone will know he's done and they can sign him cheap.

Iehoshua
01-26-2005, 08:27 PM
*** Clearance Sale ***

All 3 items must go! Marked down to incredible prices!

:rofl:

I'd prefer to sucker someone into some higher picks for these three, like New England did to us with Drew and we did to the Falcons with Pee Pee...
:snicker:

Billsouth
01-26-2005, 08:28 PM
check with clump but if we trade him we get hit with a big cap hit (for bledsoe)

Tatonka
01-26-2005, 08:54 PM
i am fed up with reed up to this point.. but i am still not ready to see him go.. it is frustrating with him, because if/when he blossoms into a brandon stokley type receiver, on another team i am sure, it wont surprise me at all..

out of all the players on the team, i want him to perform well.. i dont know why.. i dont know what it is.. i just liked this kid so much in college.. he was so damn good.. 1700+ yards his senior year.. SEVENTEEN HUNDRED in 11 games.. i just want him to show me a flash of what he was then.. there were a few his rookie year.. but then it just went away... he showed nothing in his second or third years.. nothing at all.

jamze132
01-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Henry's a decent back but his time here has come and gone- thanks for the 1400 yard seasons, but Willis is the man now. Hopefully we'll get a second for him

As far as Bledsoe and Reed- well I'm not sold on Reed, but losing him would mean Sam Aiken and J Smith would have to step up or we'd need to find a third WR. If we got a 3rd rounder for him it would be worth it, but that's unlikely.

Bledsoe- I'd rather see him stay as a back up so we have someone with experience and familiarity with the system behind Losman. But as far as trade bait I don't think it matters- no one will take him, because if the Bills start shopping him, everyone will know he's done and they can sign him cheap.
Why do most of your posts make sense? Damn can someone please tell me how to spread pos rep? And while your at it, how do you start a thread?

The_Philster
01-27-2005, 01:17 AM
Why do most of your posts make sense? Damn can someone please tell me how to spread pos rep? And while your at it, how do you start a thread?

click on the little white scales thing at the bottom of a member's post (over on the left under their info) to spread rep...opens a pop-up
To start threads, click on the New Thread marker at the top of the forum you want to post in

OpIv37
01-27-2005, 08:01 AM

thanks- there's a little icon on the left of each post that looks like a balance scale- click that to give rep to the post.

to start a new thread, go to the BZ where the threads are listed, and there's an icon to click at the top of the list of threads.

Ebenezer
01-27-2005, 08:21 AM
check with clump but if we trade him we get hit with a big cap hit (for bledsoe)
the cap hit is the same if he is traded or cut...

DraftBoy
01-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Bledsoe-for a project player and a 5th...Id take a QB like Kent for Jackson St. (last years draft) and try developing him and the pick for Bledsoe

Henry-2nd, or 3rd and 4th

Reed-Keep

finsrclowns
01-27-2005, 10:50 AM
This is an inference on my part- but it appears the Bills want to resolve the Bledsoe situation before the March 1st roster bonus of approx $1m is paid. If so, that means he won't be traded because the trading period doesn't start until March 2nd. So he's either here or he's cut.

Henry has a value but I'm guessing it ends up as a 3rd plus a non starting player such as a backup TE.

Reed might generate a 5th at best.