PDA

View Full Version : A couple Bills tidbits from Morts chat today

FTG
01-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Steven (Monroe, LA): Rumor has it that the Bills are going with Losman next year and that Bledsoe may resurface with Cowboys. My opinion is that Bledsoe is not an upgrade over Testaverde.

<!-- displayed mode -->http://espn.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Chris Mortensen: I reported - that's fact, not rumor - that the Bills have asked Bledsoe to take another pay cut. If he doesn't, he could be released and Losman would get his shot. I'm not sure Parcells would jump on Bledsoe, although Drew still has a big-time arm and he's a leader. I think Parcells prefers some mobility in his QBs during this era

Kevin (Richmond, Va): If Bledsoe is let go, do you think Dennis Green my try to use him in Arizona? We can all remember the various QBs he used in Minnesota successfully in his system.

<!-- displayed mode -->http://espn.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Chris Mortensen: Yeah, that's a possibility, I guess. I do see the Cardinals as one of the potential bidders for Brees, although Green often has preferred taller QBs.

John Cleveland: I would think the Bears might be interested in Bledsoe as a backup for Grossman. Bledsoe would have to be an upgrade from the backup QB mess the Bears have. Any possibility ?

<!-- displayed mode -->http://espn.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Chris Mortensen: I think Kurt Warner is a possibility there.

Iehoshua
01-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Bledsoe is a great leader. He'll lead you into the jaws of mediocrity or less every time!

C'mon Drew, don't take this crap! You're too awesome to take some paycut! Tell Donahoe and Wilson to shove it! You're a starting caliber Qb and no one can tell you otherwise! You can do better somewhere else! Yeah go Drew! Show'em who's boss!

:snicker:

:bigwave:

Mr. Miyagi
01-26-2005, 02:51 PM
No way Drew would go to Chicago to be a backup. If he's willing to do that he would just stay in Buffalo and backup JP.

Iehoshua
01-26-2005, 03:01 PM
No way Drew would go to Chicago to be a backup. If he's willing to do that he would just stay in Buffalo and backup JP.
Agreed. If he's resigned to being a backup, why not stay where you've been? I just hope that wouldn't mean they'd pull the plug on JP after a few rough patches.

I like how Warner handled the situation in St.Louis, telling Martz to leave Bulger in, to let him ride it out. That was the example of taking one for the team. If a guy can't work through his mistakes, he'll never get better, IMO.

Mr. Miyagi
01-26-2005, 03:35 PM
I like how Warner handled the situation in St.Louis, telling Martz to leave Bulger in, to let him ride it out. That was the example of taking one for the team.
I just can't believe Brenda ever let that happen.

Maybe he finally grew a spine and told her to shove it. :snicker:

jamze132
01-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I think Drew would be more receptive to being a backup anywhere BUT Buffalo. I mean, whats gonna happen when JP runs the wrong play? We're gonna bash Drew for drewin' up the signal. At least the fans in another city might not bash him as bad as those of us here and in NE who know the deal.

Mr. Cynical
01-26-2005, 07:08 PM
I think Drew would be more receptive to being a backup anywhere BUT Buffalo. I mean, whats gonna happen when JP runs the wrong play? We're gonna bash Drew for drewin' up the signal. At least the fans in another city might not bash him as bad as those of us here and in NE who know the deal.
Totally agree. Drew has baggage here and needs to go.

OpIv37
01-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Bledsoe is a great leader. He'll lead you into the jaws of mediocrity or less every time!

But these are the Bears, Cowboys and Cardinals we're talking about- mediocrity would be an upgrade!

Iehoshua
01-26-2005, 08:25 PM
But these are the Bears, Cowboys and Cardinals we're talking about- mediocrity would be an upgrade!
True... Good point!

jmb1099
01-27-2005, 06:13 AM
He should go to San Fran...He would be an improvement over anything they currently have...lol