PDA

View Full Version : 'The Ralph' joins new stadium network

G. Host
01-26-2005, 04:43 PM
A new stadium consortium, including Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, has been formed to bring concerts, rodeos and other special events to the venues during football's off-season.

The group, Gridiron Stadium Network, has been put together by Tom Rooney, whose uncle, Art Rooney, founded the Pittsburgh Steelers. Each of the participating stadiums have at least 60,000 seats and host an National Football League team.

Other members of the network include: Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Houston, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Washington.
more (Buffalo Business Jounal) (http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2005/01/24/daily25.html)

I am assuming they are joining together for marketing purposes. It always has appeared to me that stadiums are woefully underutilized and those in areas with heavy traffic congestion should be able to used by taxpayers (who pay for the road and police for games) for park-and-ride lots during non-game days. Washington's unfortunately is not near by metro and Buffalo does not have enough traffic to warrent it.

I am hoping this network will increase use of stadium and and help limit increases in ticket prices.

Historian
01-26-2005, 05:13 PM
rodeos

Fun wow.
:down: