PDA

View Full Version : Writer knows nothing about Phin fans

G. Host
01-26-2005, 04:53 PM
3. Miami: Whenever I meet a Dolphins fan in another city, the thing that impresses me is that he always has a really good take on what the hell is going on with his team many miles away. Too bad all the bar stool Fish fans from around the country can't get their asses down to Miami every now and then, because the locals can't ever seem to sell out the stadium for an entire season.

13. Buffalo: When you live under God's Snow Machine (Lake Erie), you are already a little bit insane. Yet, I've found Bills fans to be very easy to talk to without wanting to punch them in the face. You can't say that about many fan bases in the NFL that has a team which enjoyed a good amount of success recently. I guess LOSING all four Super Bowls, kept them humble. Otherwise, they might be insufferable.

more (http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/czaban012605.html)

I feel the Bills are fairly rated - look how many fans from other teams fill our stadium and how many fans are so obsessed with players rather than the team they give Buffalo fans a bad name. And many of the fans who do go to games like opener last year know very little about football - doing the wave during the offense with the players trying to tell fans to quiet down is just one example.

But I think the Miami fans are way over rated . I know a lot of Phin fans from outside of Miami and they rarely know what is happening with their own team unless the player is on their fantasy goofball team.

jamze132
01-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Well Western New York isn't exactly a metropolis. It's a little harder to fill out stadium than say LA or NYC. Besides, the "Ralph" isn't exactly one of the smaller ones.

jamze132
01-26-2005, 04:58 PM
I think this reporter is gay. He doesn't know the first thing about being a fan. Miami #3? WHAT THE ****????

FTG
01-26-2005, 05:01 PM
That writer has obviously never spent time reading the moronic posts at finhell

Meathead
01-26-2005, 05:17 PM
He's obviously never been smacked by a roided redneck Miami fan.

Other than that I've found the fans in Miami to be generally very cool.

capitolneal
01-26-2005, 05:31 PM
I go to every bills dolphins game in Miami and there are more bills fans on south beach than dolphins fans and if he grew up in WNY than a 99% chance of being a bills fan I can't see another city (maybe green bay) that identifies with thier team like buffalo always a blue collar team and a blue collar town this article is so far off base it is stupid the bills fans rank with KC, GB and PITTS, of the NFL

SABURZFAN
01-26-2005, 05:51 PM
That writer has obviously never spent time reading the moronic posts at finhell

yeah...a couple of posts by Moron1983 and he'd put a zero behind that 3.

clumping platelets
01-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Miami fans don't even live in Miami :shakeno:

That's as clueless as it gets

Samphin1
01-28-2005, 02:35 PM

I think that is why Miami ranked so high. Miami has fans EVERYWHERE. I went to last year's Niner-Miami game in SF and half of the fans there were Miami fans. I was in L.A. recently as well. One day I wore my Dolphins shirt and literally had over 15 people come up to me claiming to by Miami fans as well. The writer even states that the local Miami fans seem to be the ones having trouble selling out games ( which is untrue ) and generating support for the team. However, on a national level, Miami has a lot of fans. I think Buffalo has a lot of fans within the area of the team, but their fanbase outside of the NY area is probably not as far reaching. I know this will lead to some Bill fan from Idaho telling me I am wrong but it is just my opinion.

Plus, Dolphins merchandise is always in the top 5 in the league as far as revenue.

Furthermore, who cares? Does this guy's opinion change the way you feel about your team? I am sure you guys feel as though you are the most dedicated fan's in the league, as do we and as do Raiders, Niners, Steelers, Pats and every other team out there. Nuts to this reporter's opinion.

OpIv37
01-28-2005, 02:45 PM
However, on a national level, Miami has a lot of fans. I think Buffalo has a lot of fans within the area of the team, but their fanbase outside of the NY area is probably not as far reaching. I know this will lead to some Bill fan from Idaho telling me I am wrong but it is just my opinion.

I'm a Bills fan in Alexandria, VA and I agree with this. The Bills don't have cool colors or a tough logo, haven't won anything in recent memory, and while they've had some great players, they haven't had a Marino or a Rice or someone that really grabs fans. Unless you're from WNY or Southern Ontario, there's really no reason to root for them.

Plus, Dolphins merchandise is always in the top 5 in the league as far as revenue.

I never understood this- I think the dolphins have affeminant colors and a wussy logo, but the numbers don't lie.

Furthermore, who cares? Does this guy's opinion change the way you feel about your team? I am sure you guys feel as though you are the most dedicated fan's in the league, as do we and as do Raiders, Niners, Steelers, Pats and every other team out there. Nuts to this reporter's opinion.

Good point. It's hard to generalize, though, cuz every team has hundreds of thousands of fans- some that are die-hard and some that are bandwagon jumpers.

That being said, I do think 3 is too high for the Fish. GB, KC, Cleveland and the Steelers are without a doubt the top 4. I'd like to put Buffalo up there with them, but that may be my own personal bias. Being in the DC area, though, I do know for a fact that Bills fans are much more intense than Redskins and Ravens fans (although Ravens fans are much nicer- Redskins fans just suck).

Demon
01-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Whatever is what i got to say. I think we have some of the best fans in the world. I love Bills fans, atmoshere is like no other in Buffalo and it's like a punch to the balls to rank us so much below Miami who don't even sell their stadium out.

PhinsFan66
01-28-2005, 05:49 PM

True Clumpy...we live in Colorado! FinHeaven banned me for calling
someone a Nazi. :shocked: