PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the BEAST of the Afc EAST?

McGahee2112
01-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Pats 12-4
Bills 11-5
Jets 11-5
Fins 9-7

jets and bills get wilcard, best division in football!

Mr.Right
01-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Pats 12-4
Bills 11-5
Jets 11-5
Fins 9-7

I think you should 'switch' the 11 and the 5 next to the word: Bills :crazy:
the rest of it looks OK! :up:

Iehoshua
01-26-2005, 06:17 PM
I think you should 'switch' the 11 and the 5 next to the word: Bills :crazy:
the rest of it looks OK! :up:
'Reverse' would've been a better word.

You're dropping the ball a bit too much, Rightie.. We may have to bench you if this continues.
:mad:

jamze132
01-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Mr. Right,

You make no sense out all. It might be time you rethink you goals in life. You seem to get off on coming to a team's site who happens to be on the other side of the country and out of your division and talking smack. What is the point of this?

As far as the "Beast of the East" goes. We all know that NE will win the division. And I am not so sure that Miami will win 9 games. I think they will lose 12.

mybills
01-27-2005, 07:24 AM
Pats 12-4
Bills 11-5
Jets 11-5
Fins 9-7

Pats 10-6 without Romeo & weiss
Bills 11-5 without Drool
Jets 10-6 seriously
Fins 6-10 seriously

Mr.Right
01-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Mr. Right,

You make no sense out all. It might be time you rethink you goals in life. You seem to get off on coming to a team's site who happens to be on the other side of the country and out of your division and talking smack.
Actually, the Bills are "just up the street" from me! :eek:

Buckets
01-27-2005, 08:21 AM
Hey guys cut Righty some slack there's not much to talk about in SF so he has to kling to a real football team.

Samphin1
01-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey guys cut Righty some slack there's not much to talk about in SF so he has to kling to a real football team.

This coming from a fan of a team that has NO SUPER BOWL RINGS!

San Fran is in the dumps right now but I think Mike NOlan is a good hire. Plus, They got the best WR coach in the game to go onboard as well in Sullivan.

I think you will start to see improvement from San Fran as early as next year and in a couple of year's you will see the Cards and niners on top of that division. I hate the Niners too, but that is just how I see it.

Stewie
01-28-2005, 02:58 PM

San Fran is in the dumps right now but I think Mike NOlan is a good hire. Plus, They got the best WR coach in the game to go onboard as well in Sullivan.

I think you will start to see improvement from San Fran as early as next year and in a couple of year's you will see the Cards and niners on top of that division. I hate the Niners too, but that is just how I see it.

WOW! You picked a team that won 2 games to improve next year? Don't go too far out on that limb, now! You may fall off!!!

Section 130 Row 26
01-28-2005, 03:11 PM
YESSSSSSSSSS!!! They got a good recievers coach, now they'll go to the playoffs for sure. DOLPHINS SUCK SHUT UP NOW

JG

Crisis
01-28-2005, 03:23 PM

1.) They'll have a rookie QB

2.) They need someone to step up at WR, Rashaun Woods was dissapointing as a rookie, and no team should have Brandon Lloyd as their #1.

3.) Their OL blows

4.) No one worth mentioning on defense.

5.) Overrated RB in Barlow who was overplayed by practice squad players

They're a good 3-5 years from being a contender. WAY too many wholes to fix in 2 years.

Samphin1
01-28-2005, 06:36 PM
They'll have a rookie QB

Maybe not. Tim Rattay may get another shot. The only QB that might be worth picking first overall went back to USC. I doubt Aaron Rodgers is chosen first overall. If he is, it will be an enormous stretch. My bet is that They look to free agency or stick with Rattay.

2.)
They need someone to step up at WR, Rashaun Woods was dissapointing as a rookie, and no team should have Brandon Lloyd as their #1.

Agreed. Lloyd should be a complimentary player, not a featured one. Woods wasn't given a fair shot in his rookie season if you ask me. I think Erickson screwed that up (as he did everything else). Like I said, they have the best receiving coach in the game now. Sullivan should be able to make Lloyd, Woods and whoever else is there better. I could see the Niners trading down a few spots and picking up Braylon Edwards to help that receiving corps.

3.)
Their OL blows

No argument again. Like I said, it is going to take a few years. They tried to go with the youth movement last year and it failed. However, they should get Newberry back at Center and he is very good. With him anchoring the line and the other youngsters back for another year, they should improve. John York ( Niners owner ) has promised to spend more on the player's as well, so San Fran could be in the market for O-line via FA ( Jennings perhaps? )

4.)
No one worth mentioning on defense.

Untrue. Tony Parrish is a good safety. Jamie Winborn is a solid linebacker, as is Jeff Ulbrich. Ahmed Plummer was injured but is a very good CB. Last but not least, Julian Peterson is an outstanding OLB. He was injured for the whole season. Thay have some players on defense to build around. DE John Engelberger is not too shabby either.

5.)
Overrated RB in Barlow who was overplayed by practice squad players

I think Barlow is ok. He owuld work best in a commitee type situation ala Philly or Pitt. I think that they way overpaid him and that it will cost them. However, they have a great FB in Beasley who knocks people on their butts and they are going back to the west coast offense which will allow these backs to use their hands much more often and help the QB's look better with the short passes.

They're a good 3-5 years from being a contender. WAY too many wholes to fix in 2 years.

Might be. I think Nolan is better than people are giving him credit for though. I think St. Louis's run as a great offense is almost, if not is, over. Seattle will lose at least one of the following, if not two: Alexander, Hassleback,Jones. That should cripple thier offense. Arizona will improve under Denny Green. This is clearly the weakest division in football by a long margin. The Niners have to have a good draft and stay healthy and they will be back on top in that divison sooner, rather then later. Then I cna hear about it all dang day on the radio...

Samphin1
01-28-2005, 06:39 PM
YESSSSSSSSSS!!! They got a good recievers coach, now they'll go to the playoffs for sure. DOLPHINS SUCK SHUT UP NOW

JG

No, they got a good RECEIVERS coach. I don't think they have hired a recievers coach yet. Bills didn't exactly make the playoffs last year either pal. Come to think of it...when was the last time they DID make the playoffs? :peace:

Crisis
01-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Maybe not. Tim Rattay may get another shot. The only QB that might be worth picking first overall went back to USC. I doubt Aaron Rodgers is chosen first overall. If he is, it will be an enormous stretch. My bet is that They look to free agency or stick with Rattay.

2.)

Agreed. Lloyd should be a complimentary player, not a featured one. Woods wasn't given a fair shot in his rookie season if you ask me. I think Erickson screwed that up (as he did everything else). Like I said, they have the best receiving coach in the game now. Sullivan should be able to make Lloyd, Woods and whoever else is there better. I could see the Niners trading down a few spots and picking up Braylon Edwards to help that receiving corps.

3.)

No argument again. Like I said, it is going to take a few years. They tried to go with the youth movement last year and it failed. However, they should get Newberry back at Center and he is very good. With him anchoring the line and the other youngsters back for another year, they should improve. John York ( Niners owner ) has promised to spend more on the player's as well, so San Fran could be in the market for O-line via FA ( Jennings perhaps? )

4.)

Untrue. Tony Parrish is a good safety. Jamie Winborn is a solid linebacker, as is Jeff Ulbrich. Ahmed Plummer was injured but is a very good CB. Last but not least, Julian Peterson is an outstanding OLB. He was injured for the whole season. Thay have some players on defense to build around. DE John Engelberger is not too shabby either.

5.)

I think Barlow is ok. He owuld work best in a commitee type situation ala Philly or Pitt. I think that they way overpaid him and that it will cost them. However, they have a great FB in Beasley who knocks people on their butts and they are going back to the west coast offense which will allow these backs to use their hands much more often and help the QB's look better with the short passes.

Might be. I think Nolan is better than people are giving him credit for though. I think St. Louis's run as a great offense is almost, if not is, over. Seattle will lose at least one of the following, if not two: Alexander, Hassleback,Jones. That should cripple thier offense. Arizona will improve under Denny Green. This is clearly the weakest division in football by a long margin. The Niners have to have a good draft and stay healthy and they will be back on top in that divison sooner, rather then later. Then I cna hear about it all dang day on the radio...

Tim Rattay? He looked ok last year, nothing special. He'll get killed, all he has is Eric Johnson to throw to. Barlow isn't being payed RBC money. Great, they have a great receiving coach. He needs some talent to coach, Lloyd and Woods are the only receivers worth mentioning.

St. Louis - They'll still have Bulger, Holt, S. Jackson will turn it on, not sure if Bruce is returning (I think he is), they just need to get their act together on D and ST.

Seattle - They're still a 8-8 team (in that div) and still have a young defense that played well for what it was given last year, should only get better.

Arizona - Again, another team in search of a defense. Needs to get a QB, RB to become a good team. I'm not sure if the Cardinals will ever play over .500.

Brad528
01-28-2005, 07:40 PM
I would say
Miami 10-6
Jets-10-6
Pat-9-7
Bills 6-10
The Pats will finaly struggle due to the fact they lost all there coaches and they will have a target on thier heads
The Jets will make the playoffs and have a quality year due to Chad finally completing a whole season.
The Dolphins will be next years Chargers with a complete turnaround and an actual running game plus less mistakes by AJ with a year under his belt. A new coach will help as well
THe Bills will struggle due to the fact that Drew is still gonna be the QB and he isnt getting any younger or more elusive. Willis will have a productive year but will be hurt at least 3 games next year which will hurt them alot.

ArcticWildMan
01-28-2005, 08:16 PM
I would say
Miami 10-6
Jets-10-6
Pat-9-7
Bills 6-10

:roflmao: Put the pipe down dude.

PhinsFan66
01-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Pats 12-4
Bills 11-5
Jets 11-5
Fins 9-7

Fins 12-4
Pats 11-5
Bills 9-7
Jets 8-8

Yep, best division in football.

Crisis
01-28-2005, 10:34 PM
:rofl: @ the Miami fans

Samphin1
01-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Fins 12-4
Pats 11-5
Bills 9-7
Jets 8-8

Yep, best division in football.

Yeesh, I am a huge Miami fan and even I don't think we will have a winning record next year. Saban has even said he is here for the long haul and for us fans to be patient. That translates to, we will need time to clean house of the overpaid underachieving ones and to replace them with young talented players. I think the best case scenarion next year would to go 9-7. More realistic is anywhere between 6-10 and 8-8.

rtconner
01-29-2005, 10:13 AM
I'll say....
Bills -11-5
Pats 11-5
Jests - 9-7
Felons - 7-9

Jets overperformed this year, miami underperformed but won't be good next year, pats overperformed or maybe satan and brady's contract runs out. bills surely underperformed, i kind of expect 11-5, but want better.

ScottLawrence
01-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Way to early considering we have no idea who is going to be the starter and, we don't know what Losman can do on the field.

I'll say:

Patriots 11-5
Bills 10-6
Jets 10-6
Dolphins 6-10

tampabay25690
01-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Pats 10-6
Bills 10-6
Jets 9-7
Dolphins 7-9

bledslow
01-29-2005, 03:09 PM
I would say
Miami 10-6
Jets-10-6
Pat-9-7
Bills 6-10
The Pats will finaly struggle due to the fact they lost all there coaches and they will have a target on thier heads
The Jets will make the playoffs and have a quality year due to Chad finally completing a whole season.
The Dolphins will be next years Chargers with a complete turnaround and an actual running game plus less mistakes by AJ with a year under his belt. A new coach will help as well
THe Bills will struggle due to the fact that Drew is still gonna be the QB and he isnt getting any younger or more elusive. Willis will have a productive year but will be hurt at least 3 games next year which will hurt them alot.

have a target on there heads?whats that mean. teams will play harder because its the pats? as compared to other teams were they would half a_ss it? stop. pats are 16-2, that target is really getting to them(NOT).

mangini will most likely take over as dc coach.he knows the defense inside and through.he been learning from bill and romeo for years and has done a GREAT job as the db coach.

somebody from inside the pats might take over for weiss also.whoever it is,im sure the offense and there plays stay the way it is(BELIEVE THAT),even if its a outsider.
bills no fool. as long as belichick and brady are there,nothing changes. jets will not take over the division unless theres key injuries to certain pat players.

Crisis
01-29-2005, 03:42 PM
The Chargers were bad for awhile before they turned it around. I keep asking how you can compare the two, since the Chargers aquired most of their current stars from the period of high-draft picks from doing so poorly. You cant call the Phins the next Chargers, unless you mean they'll struggle for 5 years before making the playoffs.

mybills
01-29-2005, 07:02 PM
:roflmao: Put the pipe down dude.
:rofl: AND the straw!

Brad528
01-29-2005, 07:19 PM
No i didnt compare the teams in terms of players. I meant in terms of having a bad year the year before and the next making the playoffs. I know Miami isnt gonna be the best team in the NFL or anything but i am sure they can turn things around. Thats the way the NFL is these days. One year you suck and the next year you can compete. All it takes is a quality draft and some good coaching. And i am hoping having a new coach can help us with both since Dave Wanstache sure didnt