PDA

View Full Version : 2-way players?

The_Philster
01-26-2005, 07:12 PM
I was watching NFL Live this afternoon and they were discussing how the Patriots were using players in various roles...like Troy Brown at WR AND DB.

We used a few players in that type of role in 2004
Sam Adams-DT and TE
Justin Bannon-DT and G

Anyone think of anyone else we could utilize like that?

Crisis
01-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Did Bannon even play any DT last year?

OpIv37
01-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Jonathan Smith lined up at WR and RB- he might be versatile enough to play DB in an emergency or dime situation. Jason Peters can play TE and G, but I don't recall him playing G. Spikes has 2 INT's for TD's- it would be interesting to see him lined up as FB or TE, but probably not worth the risk of injury.

ShadowHawk7
01-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Spikes at TE would be sweet. Or maybe a third safety on some plays w/ Stamer filling at OLB? That'd be cool I would mind seeing McGee/Clements at #4 WR at times either, and Smith would possibly be a good Dime back. I like that kid at RB too, knack for breaking tackles.

G. Host
01-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Did Bannon even play any DT last year?
Yes he did; both DE and DT last year in substitutions.

Dozerdog
01-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Did we use Mike Williams in the Goal line defense at all?

jamze132
01-26-2005, 10:21 PM
To be honest with ya guys, I can see (and think about this before you laugh) Morman lining up in the slot to be a distractor. The guys got serious speed. And I bet he could catch the ball if the QB goes his way. The majority of players with speed like that are pure athletes and that's what he is. I know this is way off the wall, but what would a defense do if they saw the punter in the slot?

But on a more reasonable note, Jason Peters could be used at FB on 3rd and short plays and open up a freakin' hole!

Spikes as a TE might payoff too.

EDS
01-27-2005, 07:56 AM
I think they have used Moulds in the past to defend against the hail mary at the end of a game.

The King
01-27-2005, 08:02 AM
I like the TKO at TE idea. He has sick hands and it would be interesting to see him run at another LB

Tatonka
01-27-2005, 08:23 AM
ryan denny was used at TE last year as well as DE.

dannyek71
01-27-2005, 08:46 AM
Jeff Garcia...

Oh wait, misinterpretted thread:funny:

Tatonka
01-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Jeff Garcia...

:roflmao:

EDS
01-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Jeff Garcia...

You realize that Jeff Garcia has dated women that wouldn't even give you the time of day.

Jan Reimers
01-27-2005, 09:17 AM
You realize that Jeff Garcia has dated women that wouldn't even give you the time of day.
. . . And men that would.

OpIv37
01-27-2005, 09:18 AM

By "dated" you mean "spends millions on them so they hang around and make him look straight"

dannyek71
01-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Hey man, if it looks like a rat.......

If I had millions and was a star NFL qb, hot girls would date me too, no matter how ugly I am.....

ShadowHawk7
01-27-2005, 11:57 AM
To be honest with ya guys, I can see (and think about this before you laugh) Morman lining up in the slot to be a distractor. The guys got serious speed. And I bet he could catch the ball if the QB goes his way. The majority of players with speed like that are pure athletes and that's what he is. I know this is way off the wall, but what would a defense do if they saw the punter in the slot?

But on a more reasonable note, Jason Peters could be used at FB on 3rd and short plays and open up a freakin' hole!

Spikes as a TE might payoff too.

Hey, that's not a bad idea. He certainly has the speed, and should have hands too (considering he catches all those windy snaps at the Ralph.) The guy is a beast and would love to do it as well. Jason could play a little DE perhaps as well as FB i think. SPikes at TE would be cool.

. . . And men that would.

ROFL.

TigerJ
01-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Draft Matt Jones. He's already being touted as a QB/WR/TE/LS. Maybe the Bills could also use him as a DE/CB.

Canadian'eh!
01-27-2005, 03:53 PM
A few we should think of:

Sam Adams: DT and WR... TE doesn't let him display his deep speed enough.

ok seriously.

London at FB.... I think he could blow up a hole in a hurry.

ShadowHawk7
01-27-2005, 05:09 PM
A few we should think of:

Sam Adams: DT and WR... TE doesn't let him display his deep speed enough.

ok seriously.

London at FB.... I think he could blow up a hole in a hurry.
London at FB would be sweet. He already does that on KR, so it should work good.

The_Philster
01-27-2005, 05:50 PM
London at FB.... I think he could blow up a hole in a hurry.I like that one, too :up: