X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Nate Snubbed Again

Clements had a better season than McCallister and now Surtain gets the the Pro Bowl bid as a replacement.

Nate had a better season while the Bills secondary was constantly changing.
    View the official website of the Miami Dolphins for the latest news, videos, photos, tickets and more.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

As much as I would like to see Nate play in a meaningless game and risk getting injured, this gives him less ammo to ask for $$$ next year. Yep, this is a good thing.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by paulB
      As much as I would like to see Nate play in a meaningless game and risk getting injured, this gives him less ammo to ask for $$$ next year. Yep, this is a good thing.
      Risk Management should start with our Punt Return duties being handed over to Fast Freddie.. as far as the Money issue Nate will have to be paid like a top 3 cover corner next year because of his youth.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

I think the world saw how we lost the first game of the season.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by juice
          Risk Management should start with our Punt Return duties being handed over to Fast Freddie.. as far as the Money issue Nate will have to be paid like a top 3 cover corner next year because of his youth.
          I agree with the punt return duties, but if Clements is going to be looking for Top 3 dollars, you might as well start posting threads now about who his replacement is going to be.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
            I think the world saw how we lost the first game of the season.
            That was one of the dumb plays of the week. And I believe substitutes are now determined by coach of the AFC Championship losing team and I doubt Cowher thinks Nate is a great CB.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
              That was one of the dumb plays of the week. And I believe substitutes are now determined by coach of the AFC Championship losing team and I doubt Cowher thinks Nate is a great CB.
              7 Tackles, 2 FF, and an Int. return for a TD in the final game.. Cowher must have a short memory if he thinks that performance wasn't Pro Bowl calliber.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

I think Pro Bowl alternates are determined by the voting
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

I thought alternates where chosen by the coach of each Pro Bowl team. But I am not sure how the coach is chosen. I thought it was the two coaches from the previous Superbowl, kind fo like in baseball.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by juice
                    7 Tackles, 2 FF, and an Int. return for a TD in the final game.. Cowher must have a short memory if he thinks that performance wasn't Pro Bowl calliber.
                    Ya gotta admit, Nate looks like Pro Bowl material one minute and Chris Watson the next. I don't get it. However he is getting to the point in his career when he can really excell and be a top 3 corner. Most DB's don't come into there own until they are 29-30.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I thought alternates where chosen by the coach of each Pro Bowl team. But I am not sure how the coach is chosen. I thought it was the two coaches from the previous Superbowl, kind fo like in baseball.
                      Alternates are done by the results of the voting. The coaches are from the two teams that lost the conference championship games, and each coach gets to add one player of their choice to the squad, regardless of the votes.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Ya gotta admit, Nate looks like Pro Bowl material one minute and Chris Watson the next. I don't get it. However he is getting to the point in his career when he can really excell and be a top 3 corner. Most DB's don't come into there own until they are 29-30.
                        Nate pretty much looked like a top 5 corner this season, which was his best in TT and Passes defensed.

At times he had no support from the safties and the Bills lack of a consistent pass rush, but at no point did he look like a Chris Watson.. not only does he have the most Ints every year but he also causes the most FF.

Clements will be a huge FA to retain next year and it will take top 5 money to do it unless this team wins the AFC or the SB.. TD had better get ready to come off some real money or he's gone.

Look at his stats starting with his rookie year.. he has steadily progressed.. Pro Bowl Snub.
                        Last edited by juice; 01-26-2005, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

yeah, he is not always dominating but neither is any other corner in the NFL.

he is a game breaker, and a top 5 corner, might be a bit more of a gambler than we need at times, but he is getting better and an int for a TD here and there is worth SOME risk taking.

he is better than every corner taken his year and after in the NFL, that says something.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by colin
                            yeah, he is not always dominating but neither is any other corner in the NFL.

he is a game breaker, and a top 5 corner, might be a bit more of a gambler than we need at times, but he is getting better and an int for a TD here and there is worth SOME risk taking.

he is better than every corner taken his year and after in the NFL, that says something.
                            He tends to gamble occasionally but that should subside as he becomes more comfortable with his fellow DBs and gains confidence in their ability to back him up. This defensive backfield was a work in progress throughout most of the season.

Youth equates to value at the CB position and Nate just turned 25 a month ago.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i still cant believe izelle reese and rubin brown didnt make the probowl.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X