PDA

View Full Version : Pickings may be slim early in draft

Gunzlingr
01-27-2005, 06:56 AM
The Dolphins might be hard-pressed to select an impact player with the No. 2 pick in the draft. 'This is a very thin draft at the top,' one general manager said.

BY JASON COLE

MOBILE - When Carolina coach John Fox took over the Panthers in 2002, he was blessed to have the No. 2 overall pick in the draft.

But for a while, he thought he was cursed.

''We hated it,'' said Fox, who made an excellent choice in drafting defensive end Julius Peppers and eventually guided the Panthers to the Super Bowl last season. ``My first year, to have that second pick was very scary.''

The Dolphins, who haven't picked this high in the draft since their inaugural season, might be hating life like Fox did for quite some time. Perhaps more so because, in a year when Dolphins could use so much help, the No. 2 overall pick may not be worth as much as usual.

With three months remaining before the NFL draft, there is no clear No. 1 pick in the draft.

The Dolphins might find it difficult to market their pick to other teams or even figure out whom to select if they keep their spot in the draft order.

NO CLEAR-CUT CHOICE (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/10744245.htm?1c)

Earthquake Enyart
01-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Link wants me to register. :mad:

Gunzlingr
01-27-2005, 07:35 AM
funny, i didnt have to register :idunno:

The King
01-27-2005, 07:36 AM
No its not funny. BOOO