PDA

View Full Version : Henry to Miami?

jaja54
01-27-2005, 07:31 AM
''We gave him permission to seek a trade, and if we get the right compensation, we would do the trade whether it's Miami or someone else,'' Bills president Tom Donahoe said before Wednesday's morning practice for the Senior Bowl. ``We're not going to give him away, but it doesn't matter if the other team is in our division.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/10744247.htm

How would you feel if Henry is indeed traded to hated Fins? Is it a good idea to trade a good player, especially one that feels like they have been slighted and done wrong, to a division rival?

juice
01-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Interesting point in that article was that TD said not only a 2nd would be acceptable but also a combination of a pick or player is a possibility.

Phins not having a second pick seemed like a problem area.. but the Bills look like they are entertaining different scenarios.

DraftBoy
01-27-2005, 10:05 AM
''We gave him permission to seek a trade, and if we get the right compensation, we would do the trade whether it's Miami or someone else,'' Bills president Tom Donahoe said before Wednesday's morning practice for the Senior Bowl. ``We're not going to give him away, but it doesn't matter if the other team is in our division.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/10744247.htm

How would you feel if Henry is indeed traded to hated Fins? Is it a good idea to trade a good player, especially one that feels like they have been slighted and done wrong, to a division rival?

Also one's who full potential is known and is the lesser of the two backs on the roster? Sure I have no problem with that. Let him run for 1000-1400 and 8 TD's in Miami, while Willis rips off 1500-2000 and 12TD's. Ill take Willis.

jaja54
01-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Also one's who full potential is known and is the lesser of the two backs on the roster? Sure I have no problem with that. Let him run for 1000-1400 and 8 TD's in Miami, while Willis rips off 1500-2000 and 12TD's. Ill take Willis.

I realize that Willis is the better back... no argument there. However, Henry is a proven back that has value. I wouldn't mind at all to have him in Fin uniform. After the poor performance of the backs the fins had this year, 1000 - 1400 yards would be much welcomed.

jaja54
01-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Interesting point in that article was that TD said not only a 2nd would be acceptable but also a combination of a pick or player is a possibility.

Phins not having a second pick seemed like a problem area.. but the Bills look like they are entertaining different scenarios.

What player on the fins roster do you think would be an even trade for Henry? Possibly the TE Donald Lee? I doubt Saban will give up any pick. He has already said that he wants to rebuild thru the draft and is upset that they have no 2nd roud pick this year.

DraftBoy
01-27-2005, 10:34 AM
What player on the fins roster do you think would be an even trade for Henry? Possibly the TE Donald Lee? I doubt Saban will give up any pick. He has already said that he wants to rebuild thru the draft and is upset that they have no 2nd roud pick this year.

Saban may wanna rebuild through the draft but he's not stupid either, Henry is still young and is ready now more than he can say for any likely draft pick. if the offer is right Saban will jump, question is how good is Saban at trading.

DraftBoy
01-27-2005, 10:35 AM
I realize that Willis is the better back... no argument there. However, Henry is a proven back that has value. I wouldn't mind at all to have him in Fin uniform. After the poor performance of the backs the fins had this year, 1000 - 1400 yards would be much welcomed.

Your assuming he can repeat, as am I. This year showed defenses know how to stop Henry, so 1400 might be a welcome sight should he reach it.

ShadowHawk7
01-27-2005, 12:05 PM
TD is a smart man. He won't trade Henry for the same compensation, as persay, the Cards, or even the Raiders. I can assure you that. Remember "if the price is right." I think it's a clever choice of words TD is using which means the Fins price WILL be higher than the Cards price. THoughts?

Mr. Cynical
01-27-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't mind if he goes to the fins is the price is right. However....don't forget what Antowain Smith did when he played the Bills after being traded to the Pats. He ripped off career games. Again, I'm fine with it if we get a good deal. But there is a risk.

juice
01-27-2005, 12:34 PM
What player on the fins roster do you think would be an even trade for Henry? Possibly the TE Donald Lee? I doubt Saban will give up any pick. He has already said that he wants to rebuild thru the draft and is upset that they have no 2nd roud pick this year.We need O-Line help but I'm not sure they can help us there, but if you want to go with a player for player trade we could take JT off their hands.

jaja54
01-27-2005, 12:34 PM
TD is a smart man. He won't trade Henry for the same compensation, as persay, the Cards, or even the Raiders. I can assure you that. Remember "if the price is right." I think it's a clever choice of words TD is using which means the Fins price WILL be higher than the Cards price. THoughts?

I am unfamiliar with the Cards price. Please enlighten me.

jaja54
01-27-2005, 12:36 PM
We need O-Line help but I'm not sure they can help us there, but if you want to go with a player for player trade we could take JT off their hands.

Sure.... we'll throw in Surtain and Zach in there too. :lol:

jamze132
01-27-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't think the fish can package adeal that would please us. If they had there 2nd rounder, than it would probably happen the frist day of free agency. But what kind of player on that team are we going to get if they throw in one of there 3rd rounders? He won't be a starter on the O line so screw it.

juice
01-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Sure.... we'll throw in Surtain and Zach in there too. :lol:Thats OK.. They're a bit long in the Tooth, but we'll take Sammy Morris back.

Surtain will be stealing money next year if you guys keep him, he should'nt have been named as a Pro Bowl replacement.:funny: