What do you guys think of Chris Villarrial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Valerie
    Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
    • Jul 2002

What do you guys think of Chris Villarrial?

The reason I'm asking is because today I met his sister-in-law. She is a dental assistant in my dentist's office. I know nothing about him at all, and would be curious as to what you guys think of him as a player. Thanks in advance.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

He seemed to struggle at the beginning of the season but did well at the end IMO. An upgrade over Brown- not quite as skilled, but dependable and had very few penalties.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Solid lineman. No complaints.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Offensive linemen usually only get mentioned when they miss a block or get a penalty. If you don't know much about them, that's usually a sign that they're doing their job.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Offensive linemen usually only get mentioned when they miss a block or get a penalty. If you don't know much about them, that's usually a sign that they're doing their job.
          Agreed. I dont have anything good or bad to say. He does his job.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
            • Sep 2004

I think his last name sounds like a disease you can get.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              He seemed to struggle at the beginning of the season but did well at the end IMO. An upgrade over Brown- not quite as skilled, but dependable and had very few penalties.
              Vallerial plays a different position than Brown.. a more accurate comparison would be between Smith and Brown.. and I dont think anyone would see Smith as an upgrade.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Solid, not spectacular

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                  • Feb 2003

V is worthy of starting in the NFL. I have no problems with him. ruff ruff!

Comment

• Valerie
                    Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                    • Jul 2002

Thanks, guys. To be honest, when she mentioned his name, I had no clue who he was. lol I only know the guys who you guys ***** about all the time. I'm glad to hear he's a good guy. I have to go back to the dentist on February 10th and I'll tell her the nice things you guys had to say about him! :)

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                    The only answer I found for all this hurt
                    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                      Vallerial plays a different position than Brown.. a more accurate comparison would be between Smith and Brown.. and I dont think anyone would see Smith as an upgrade.

actually.. smith was not the starter.. tucker was.. and tucker was an upgrade over brown..

but villerial and brown are both guards.. and i believe that brown actually played RIGHT guard this season in chicago, which would mean that he DOES play the same exact position as villerial..

either way.. the line was better without brown. and villerial and tucker both outplayed him.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        actually.. smith was not the starter.. tucker was.. and tucker was an upgrade over brown..

but villerial and brown are both guards.. and i believe that brown actually played RIGHT guard this season in chicago, which would mean that he DOES play the same exact position as villerial..

either way.. the line was better without brown. and villerial and tucker both outplayed him.

Couldn't of agreed more, Brown was the cancer of our line 2 yrs ago, glad to have him gone.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Brown has the versitility to play both positions, but there was never talk of moving Vallerial to LG even when discussions of moving Mike Williams to guard came up. Brown won the LG starters position after being listed second on the bears depth chart at RG.

We still have no solid starting LG, and to say that Tucker was an upgrade is a bit of a stretch.

I hope if we lose JJ to free agency, TD will make a move in the draft, Trade, or Free Agency to replace him instead of the offensive unit using the Trial-By-Error system that we had at LG this season.

But no Brown and Vallerial didn't play the same position this season even though Brown has the ability at LG and RG.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Couldn't of agreed more, Brown was the cancer of our line 2 yrs ago, glad to have him gone.
                            brown was moved to right guard last year right?

that is pretty funny.. juice starts hollering about it being an inaccurate compairison because left guard and right guard are two totally different positions.. and it turns out his boy is actually playing right guard in chicago before being benched then hurt..

juice.. learn something about a player before you start defending his worthless butt.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

brown was moved to right guard last year right?

that is pretty funny.. juice starts hollering about it being an inaccurate compairison because left guard and right guard are two totally different positions.. and it turns out his boy is actually playing right guard in chicago before being benched then hurt..

juice.. learn something about a player before you start defending his worthless butt.
                              Your wrong as usual Tonk.. Brown Started at LG before injury, he may be listed as a RG on an outdated depth chart but every down that he started and played at was LG.

Who's Hollering I'm just giving facts about his position this year.

You apparently dont follow other teams, so why dont you bone up on your facts Anal-Lysts.

Comment

Working...
                              X