PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Chris Villarrial?

Valerie
01-27-2005, 09:03 AM
The reason I'm asking is because today I met his sister-in-law. She is a dental assistant in my dentist's office. I know nothing about him at all, and would be curious as to what you guys think of him as a player. Thanks in advance.

OpIv37
01-27-2005, 09:05 AM
He seemed to struggle at the beginning of the season but did well at the end IMO. An upgrade over Brown- not quite as skilled, but dependable and had very few penalties.

TigerJ
01-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Solid lineman. No complaints.

OpIv37
01-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Offensive linemen usually only get mentioned when they miss a block or get a penalty. If you don't know much about them, that's usually a sign that they're doing their job.

The King
01-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Offensive linemen usually only get mentioned when they miss a block or get a penalty. If you don't know much about them, that's usually a sign that they're doing their job.

Agreed. I dont have anything good or bad to say. He does his job.

Uncle Jesse
01-27-2005, 09:38 AM
I think his last name sounds like a disease you can get.

juice
01-27-2005, 09:48 AM
He seemed to struggle at the beginning of the season but did well at the end IMO. An upgrade over Brown- not quite as skilled, but dependable and had very few penalties.Vallerial plays a different position than Brown.. a more accurate comparison would be between Smith and Brown.. and I dont think anyone would see Smith as an upgrade.

Ebenezer
01-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Solid, not spectacular

Shasta McNasty
01-27-2005, 10:12 AM
V is worthy of starting in the NFL. I have no problems with him. ruff ruff!

Valerie
01-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks, guys. To be honest, when she mentioned his name, I had no clue who he was. lol I only know the guys who you guys ***** about all the time. I'm glad to hear he's a good guy. I have to go back to the dentist on February 10th and I'll tell her the nice things you guys had to say about him! :)

Tatonka
01-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Vallerial plays a different position than Brown.. a more accurate comparison would be between Smith and Brown.. and I dont think anyone would see Smith as an upgrade.

actually.. smith was not the starter.. tucker was.. and tucker was an upgrade over brown..

but villerial and brown are both guards.. and i believe that brown actually played RIGHT guard this season in chicago, which would mean that he DOES play the same exact position as villerial..

either way.. the line was better without brown. and villerial and tucker both outplayed him.

DraftBoy
01-27-2005, 10:43 AM
actually.. smith was not the starter.. tucker was.. and tucker was an upgrade over brown..

but villerial and brown are both guards.. and i believe that brown actually played RIGHT guard this season in chicago, which would mean that he DOES play the same exact position as villerial..

either way.. the line was better without brown. and villerial and tucker both outplayed him.

Couldn't of agreed more, Brown was the cancer of our line 2 yrs ago, glad to have him gone.

juice
01-27-2005, 10:55 AM

either way.. the line was better without brown. and villerial and tucker both outplayed him.Brown has the versitility to play both positions, but there was never talk of moving Vallerial to LG even when discussions of moving Mike Williams to guard came up. Brown won the LG starters position after being listed second on the bears depth chart at RG.

We still have no solid starting LG, and to say that Tucker was an upgrade is a bit of a stretch.

I hope if we lose JJ to free agency, TD will make a move in the draft, Trade, or Free Agency to replace him instead of the offensive unit using the Trial-By-Error system that we had at LG this season.

But no Brown and Vallerial didn't play the same position this season even though Brown has the ability at LG and RG.

Tatonka
01-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Couldn't of agreed more, Brown was the cancer of our line 2 yrs ago, glad to have him gone.

brown was moved to right guard last year right?

that is pretty funny.. juice starts hollering about it being an inaccurate compairison because left guard and right guard are two totally different positions.. and it turns out his boy is actually playing right guard in chicago before being benched then hurt..

juice.. learn something about a player before you start defending his worthless butt.

juice
01-27-2005, 11:02 AM
brown was moved to right guard last year right?

that is pretty funny.. juice starts hollering about it being an inaccurate compairison because left guard and right guard are two totally different positions.. and it turns out his boy is actually playing right guard in chicago before being benched then hurt..

juice.. learn something about a player before you start defending his worthless butt.Your wrong as usual Tonk.. Brown Started at LG before injury, he may be listed as a RG on an outdated depth chart but every down that he started and played at was LG.

Who's Hollering I'm just giving facts about his position this year.

You apparently dont follow other teams, so why dont you bone up on your facts Anal-Lysts.

Tatonka
01-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Your wrong as usual Tonk.. Brown Started at LG before injury, he may be listed as a RG on an outdated depth chart but every down that he started and played at was LG.

You apparently dont follow other teams, so why dont you bone up on your facts Anal-Lysts.

oh.. so he is listed as a right guard, but he never played there at all? he just played at left guard because someone got hurt, right?

djjimkelly
01-27-2005, 11:07 AM
i think villarial played well all year however as soon as i think of him i think of week one and mcgahee getting a first down to run clock out and him having a holding penalty. but otherwise very solid

TheBrownBear
01-27-2005, 11:09 AM
i think villarial played well all year however as soon as i think of him i think of week one and mcgahee getting a first down to run clock out and him having a holding penalty. but otherwise very solid
Yep. We would have made the playoffs if it wasn't for Villareal. But we could blame Nate Clements for that too.

juice
01-27-2005, 11:16 AM
oh.. so he is listed as a right guard, but he never played there at all? he just played at left guard because someone got hurt, right?Brown first became stater because of the injury to the starter Rex Tucker at LG, Because of his play at LG when Tucker was once again healthy he was moved below Brown on the Depth Chart, Brown started until he had a knee injury.

Again all of his starts during the coarse of the season was at LG.. the exact same position that Smith played for the Bills this year during the 0-4 start in which Henry had No rushing TDs.

Tatonka
01-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Brown first became stater because of the injury to the starter Rex Tucker at LG, Because of his play at LG when Tucker was once again healthy he was moved below Brown on the Depth Chart, Brown started until he had a knee injury.

Again all of his starts during the coarse of the season was at LG.. the exact same position that Smith played for the Bills this year during the 0-4 start in which Henry had No rushing TDs.

show me a link... because i know that rex tucker did not get demoted because brown was soo good.. tucker was just not completely healthy yet. i remember discussing this during the season.

and as far as our left guard.. his name was ross tucker.. and he was part of the 9-2 run.. where willis averaged more than a td a game and 100 yards a game.. so whats up?

juice
01-27-2005, 11:32 AM
show me a link... because i know that rex tucker did not get demoted because brown was soo good.. tucker was just not completely healthy yet. i remember discussing this during the season.

and as far as our left guard.. his name was ross tucker.. and he was part of the 9-2 run.. where willis averaged more than a td a game and 100 yards a game.. so whats up?Tucker was healthy mid-season, Brown just took his job.

Even though Willis went for 1000 yds the majority of those yards were running behind Williams and Vallariel, which is why Williams was probably the most improved player on the O-Line during the season and Vallerial was not seen as a waste even though he was injured quite a bit.

Most of the sacks still came from the Left side of the line and I don't think it was because JJ wasn't playing well during his free agent season, it was because we still have no answer at the LG position.

EDS
01-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Tucker was healthy mid-season, Brown just took his job.

Even though Willis went for 1000 yds the majority of those yards were running behind Williams and Vallariel, which is why Williams was probably the most improved player on the O-Line during the season and Vallerial was not seen as a waste even though he was injured quite a bit.

Most of the sacks still came from the Left side of the line and I don't think it was because JJ wasn't playing well during his free agent season, it was because we still have no answer at the LG position.

Did Villariel miss a game? I don't think he did, so if he played as well as he did while injured then he should be even better healthy.

and most of the sacks came in the first half of the season during which Tucker eventually replaced Smith and the teams as a whole became more familiar with the offense and blocking schemes.

Tatonka
01-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Tucker was healthy mid-season, Brown just took his job.

LINK??

which is why Williams was probably the most improved player on the O-Line during the season and Vallerial was not seen as a waste even though he was injured quite a bit.

funny you would mention williams being the most improved player, after you were calling for his head.

and villerial.. how many games did he miss?

how many did your dad miss? juice brown.

juice
01-27-2005, 01:41 PM
LINK??

funny you would mention williams being the most improved player, after you were calling for his head.

and villerial.. how many games did he miss?

how many did your dad miss? juice brown.I didn't call for MW head, I said at 400 lbs he was on the verge of eating his way out of the NFL.. Oh and he was a 400lb fat slob at the Time.. thus after working into shape he became the most improved player.

Vallariel didn't miss starts but he did miss gametime and Practicetime due to a Hyper-extended elbow and another injury if I'm not mistaken.. but he was still solid and helped MW season progression.

Earthquake Enyart
01-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Your wrong as usual Tonk.. Brown Started at LG before injury, he may be listed as a RG on an outdated depth chart but every down that he started and played at was LG.

Fact is that Brown was on the verge of getting cut in the preseason, but a couple of Bears got hurt. Brown played OK for a few games then got hurt himself.

juice
01-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Fact is that Brown was on the verge of getting cut in the preseason, but a couple of Bears got hurt. Brown played OK for a few games then got hurt himself.Thanks Quake, but most of these Bears posters seem to think Ruben played better than just OK, they think he was the starter for about 9 games as well as one of the best Lineman they had and he will definately be the starter again at LG next year.. but your input is appreciated since I believe you are in CHI-Town.

bears.hosttown.com/index.php?showtopic=40189&st=0
Maybe you can answer this Question for Tonk EE, what position did uben play and do you think he will be the starter next year. Oh, and would you welcome Brown back to the Bills to play LG, with the bums we have at that position now?

Do you ever get out to any bears games?

Valerie
01-27-2005, 02:14 PM
I should get extra credit for starting a football thread that actually generated some conversation! :D

Maybe I'll print this discussion out and have her give it to Chris the next time they see him. lol

Earthquake Enyart
01-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks Quake, but most of these Bears posters seem to think Ruben played better than just OK, they think he was the starter for about 9 games as well as one of the best Lineman they had and he will definately be the starter again at LG next year.. but your input is appreciated since I believe you are in CHI-Town.

bears.hosttown.com/index.php?showtopic=40189&st=0
Maybe you can answer this Question for Tonk EE, what position did uben play and do you think he will be the starter next year. Oh, and would you welcome Brown back to the Bills to play LG, with the bums we have at that position now?

Do you ever get out to any bears games?
I think Ruben will be on the bench. They Bears desperately need a LT and LG.

Sound familiar?

juice
01-27-2005, 02:41 PM
I think Ruben will be on the bench. They Bears desperately need a LT and LG.

Sound familiar?Well then maybe TD will realize how stupid he was to trade away the line leader before you have a backup plan and rescue him from the Bears bench. He can come and anchor the Bills line where he was the Line Captain and best Run Blocker.

Or maybe you think we should go and raid someone elses Practice Squad for another LT and LG like we did last year with Lawrence.

Tatonka
01-27-2005, 03:16 PM
the line was much better this season than it was with ruben..

if you cant see that, your blinded by the love of your father.. which i understand.. juice izelle brown.

Kolbiss
01-27-2005, 03:22 PM
i like Chris V better than Bledsoe........if that helps?

The King
01-27-2005, 03:28 PM
I should get extra credit for starting a football thread that actually generated some conversation! :D

Maybe I'll print this discussion out and have her give it to Chris the next time they see him. lol

We should do a Q & A with him Val.

Novacane
01-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey Juice......Brown sucks so :stfu: about that worthless bum