TigerJ
01-27-2005, 06:48 PM
http://www.profootballdraft.com/editordraft04.php

R2 - Adam Terry OT
R3 - Ben Wilkerson C
R4 - Claude Terrill ROT
R5 - Dan Orlovsky QB
R6 - Morgan Davis LOT

I know some of us joked about the Bills picking all offensive linemen, but seriously, they will spread it around more than that.

Crisis
01-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Wilkerson in the 3rd?

I'll soil myself.

DraftBoy
01-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Wilkerson in the 3rd?

I'll soil myself.

no joke, id soil myself too

Jan Reimers
01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
We need O-line help, but not that much. And although I'm a Syracuse guy, Terry in the 2nd may be a bit of a stretch.

Dozerdog
01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
no joke, id soil myself too
I'd soil Draftboy too..

What a stupid Mock. No defensive players?

B-DON
01-27-2005, 08:34 PM
hmmmm no.2 D or top 5 worst oline in the league? no wonder our o-line sucks

mysticsoto
01-28-2005, 08:16 AM
hmmmm no.2 D or top 5 worst oline in the league? no wonder our o-line sucks

I think we can bolster the line without using ALL our picks and make the line significantly better.

I think our top pick should go to Chris Spencer

2nd Rd - Chris Spencer (C) - outstanding Center (that frees up Teague to move to another spot - but can also serve as backup Center)

3rd Rd - if we address the O-line in free agency (which we should considering we are currently cap friendly) then I have 3 choices I'm still mulling over here:
a) Vincent Jackson (6'6" extremely tall WR) - he can become our 3rd receiver as we drop Josh Reed who never truly developed. Going across the middle, he'll be able to out-jump anybody for the ball!
b) Mike Nugent or Tyler Jones (K) - Rian Lindell can say bye, bye. We need a strong, reliable kicker for Buffalo type of weather. We have a punter we can trust. Rian is the only weak link in an otherwise stellar special teams.
c) Rob Petetti - OT - Looks like he could be outstanding but could have weight issues that hopefully he can overcome. Don't let him and M. Williams go out to a restaurant alone. ;)

I might be leaning to take Vincent and help our WR corps. And hope that Jones is there for the 4th round - Nugent is excellent and will probably be gone by the 4th.

I'm envisioning that we could have our top 5 back, McGahee to run, Moulds (veteran), Evans (speed), Vincent (height) for our WR corps, and Campbell, Euhus and Peters for TE. With Losman directing under a revamped and improved O-line, and with our stellar ST and Def adding to scores, we would be able to get into the 40+ points every game. :)

Jayhawk
01-28-2005, 08:23 AM
I think we can bolster the line without using ALL our picks and make the line significantly better.

I think our top pick should go to Chris Spencer

2nd Rd - Chris Spencer (C) - outstanding Center (that frees up Teague to move to another spot - but can also serve as backup Center)

3rd Rd - if we address the O-line in free agency (which we should considering we are currently cap friendly) then I have 3 choices I'm still mulling over here:
a) Vincent Jackson (6'6" extremely tall WR) - he can become our 3rd receiver as we drop Josh Reed who never truly developed. Going across the middle, he'll be able to out-jump anybody for the ball!
b) Mike Nugent or Tyler Jones (K) - Rian Lindell can say bye, bye. We need a strong, reliable kicker for Buffalo type of weather. We have a punter we can trust. Rian is the only weak link in an otherwise stellar special teams.
c) Rob Petetti - OT - Looks like he could be outstanding but could have weight issues that hopefully he can overcome. Don't let him and M. Williams go out to a restaurant alone. ;)

I might be leaning to take Vincent and help our WR corps. And hope that Jones is there for the 4th round - Nugent is excellent and will probably be gone by the 4th.

I'm envisioning that we could have our top 5 back, McGahee to run, Moulds (veteran), Evans (speed), Vincent (height) for our WR corps, and Campbell, Euhus and Peters for TE. With Losman directing under a revamped and improved O-line, and with our stellar ST and Def adding to scores, we would be able to get into the 40+ points every game. :)
that one I like better. Plus we don't need another QB

mysticsoto
01-28-2005, 10:19 AM
that one I like better. Plus we don't need another QB

Yeah, I'm not really sure why they would choose a quarterback. The only thing I can think of is that they picture Drew to be gone, and they'd like to have a new 3rd string quarterback (I guess that presumes we bring Shane Matthews back for 2nd string). And I would guess that they picking just about ALL O-lineman means that they want to give Losman the best chance to succeed. But that's just overkill and I don't like that. Losman is the QB we are grooming and if anything, we should get a QB with "some" level of experience as backup - maybe bring back Travis Brown or even Greg Zolman. They weren't great, but they'd be better than a no-experience rookie fresh out of college.

I think, with the picks we have left, they should choose best available. And I think a 3rd WR, K, and CB need to be in the mix after the 2nd round choice.

Wow, I just realized that if we could get a 3rd round draft pick from trading TH (my ideal was to get a 3rd rd draft pick from Oakland with one of their great backup O-lineman also), we could probably get Mike Nugent (K) which would definitely bolster our kicking field goals and complete the stellar special teams we just about have!

ShadowHawk7
01-28-2005, 11:59 AM
IMHO, I don't think our Oline is that bad as some people think it is. I'd say it's a bit above average. I mean DB did only get sacked 36 times the whole season, 15 in the last 12 games, which is a bit short of a miracle in itself. If the line doesn't SIGNIFICANTLY change, expect the continued upward trend from McNally. I do think we should pick up a few quality players via draft and FA though. Just not all out, like 14 draft picks on OL.

mysticsoto
01-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Agreed. Our O-line is probably average. But I'd like it to be ABOVE average and even talked about in NFL circles! To that end, I think we can do some tweaking to make it better.

With things the way they are now, this would be my mock draft. I make 3 assumptions: 1) TH will be traded and we'll get a 3rd rd pick for him 2) Pat Williams is re-signed. 3) If Jonas Jennings is not re-signed, we fill the spot in free agency/trade.

2nd rd - Chris Spencer - Center (Finally, a real Center)
3rd rd - Mike Nugent - K - (This kicker looks really good)
3rd rd (from trading TH) - Vincent Jackson - WR (6'6" !!!)
4th rd - Rob Petetti - OT (Needs to watch his weight though)
5th rd - Adam Snyder - OG (A good prospect)
6th rd - Jimmy Williams - CB (Needs time to develop and we can give it to him)
7th rd - Ronald Fields / Lynn McGruder - DT (A good prospect)

If you feel uncomfortable with Shaud Williams, you might want to include a RB, but I think Shaud is decently capable. I chose to draft a DT instead b'cse sooner or later Sam and Pat (assuming we resign him) will need to be replaced.

ParanoidAndroid
01-28-2005, 02:47 PM
I like Jackson as a prospect. Looks like good potential there. He's be a big target, easier to find in traffic. He's basically a light, fast TE. The dude's hands are huge and he doesn't drop much. I like players who dominate in Division I-AA. They fall on the draft chart because of their "level of competition" but end up being worth more. I also like Pettiti, but I'd go after Wilkerson if he's still there over Spencer at center. I really think we should be looking for depth at MLB. We have 3 shaky prospects with no real quality to man the middle if Fletcher goes down. I hope we can at least get a mid-high 2nd rounder for Henry to possibly use on Wilkerson.

mysticsoto
01-28-2005, 03:05 PM
I like Jackson as a prospect. Looks like good potential there. He's be a big target, easier to find in traffic. He's basically a light, fast TE. The dude's hands are huge and he doesn't drop much. I like players who dominate in Division I-AA. They fall on the draft chart because of their "level of competition" but end up being worth more. I also like Pettiti, but I'd go after Wilkerson if he's still there over Spencer at center. I really think we should be looking for depth at MLB. We have 3 shaky prospects with no real quality to man the middle if Fletcher goes down. I hope we can at least get a mid-high 2nd rounder for Henry to possibly use on Wilkerson.

Why do you like Wilkerson better than Spencer for Center? Almost everything that I've seen has Spencer rated higher and going in the 2nd round while Wilkerson going in the 3rd.

As for backup LB, You have Stamer, Haggan and Crowell. You don't like Haggan, I take it? I think these guys have been kept around b'cse they do well on ST. But yeah, I wouldn't mind switching my DT for a MLB...in my 7th rd selection. What do you think of Marcus Lawrence? Tremendous potential, just needs a little time to develop...by the time Fletcher is ready to retire, this kid'll be ready to contribute.

Crisis
01-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Nugent won't be there @ our 3rd round pick. Kaeding was an early 3rd last year, and Nugent is a better prospect than him.

mysticsoto
01-31-2005, 08:57 AM
Nugent won't be there @ our 3rd round pick. Kaeding was an early 3rd last year, and Nugent is a better prospect than him.

Nugent in the 3rd is an ideal case. But Donahoe might give Lindell a 2nd chance. Although I could see him bringing in a low pick or undrafted agent to compete against him. Rian needs to be pushed a little. However, if he has a bad season in terms of kicking pass 40+ yards he may need to be replaced next year!!!

Buckets
01-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Hey!!!
How did Jayhawk get a bigger window than the rest of us????

SABURZFAN
01-31-2005, 09:37 AM
Agreed. Our O-line is probably average. But I'd like it to be ABOVE average and even talked about in NFL circles! To that end, I think we can do some tweaking to make it better.

With things the way they are now, this would be my mock draft. I make 3 assumptions: 1) TH will be traded and we'll get a 3rd rd pick for him 2) Pat Williams is re-signed. 3) If Jonas Jennings is not re-signed, we fill the spot in free agency/trade.

2nd rd - Chris Spencer - Center (Finally, a real Center)
3rd rd - Mike Nugent - K - (This kicker looks really good)
3rd rd (from trading TH) - Vincent Jackson - WR (6'6" !!!)
4th rd - Rob Petetti - OT (Needs to watch his weight though)
5th rd - Adam Snyder - OG (A good prospect)
6th rd - Jimmy Williams - CB (Needs time to develop and we can give it to him)
7th rd - Ronald Fields / Lynn McGruder - DT (A good prospect)

If you feel uncomfortable with Shaud Williams, you might want to include a RB, but I think Shaud is decently capable. I chose to draft a DT instead b'cse sooner or later Sam and Pat (assuming we resign him) will need to be replaced.

nugent will be off the board before our pick in the 3rd round.it's possible that he may go in the 2nd round.

mysticsoto
01-31-2005, 09:42 AM
nugent will be off the board before our pick in the 3rd round.it's possible that he may go in the 2nd round.

Who needs a kicker badly? Besides SD and the Jets? ;)