PDA

View Full Version : 14 years ago tonight...

Bill Brasky
01-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Giants 20
Bills 19

:sadwalk:

Where were you?

dannyek71
01-27-2005, 07:31 PM
crying my eyes out as a 8yr old

wazz
01-27-2005, 07:32 PM
i was in bed, it was approx 5.30 am and i was 6 years old. But the connection was there, at that EXACT moment, i felt the pain, my heart stopped and i fell out of bed (to the right)

Novacane
01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks a lot for bringing up a bad memory Freeman :D I was at a party. I was so depressed I left the party and started walkinghome My friend called my parents because he thought I was gonna commit suicide :rofl:

Jan Reimers
01-27-2005, 08:01 PM
In a bar in New Jersey with a bunch of Giants fans. Extremely depressed.

helmetguy
01-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Chaperoning "Teen Night" at the Allegheny River Hotel, in Warren, PA. Got good and drunk when the kiddies went home.

Bufftp
01-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Giants 20
Bills 19

Where were you?
At my home surrounded by thirty people in stunned, silence. Hope and being on the edge of ecstasy, plunged into despair. A case of chilled Mums Champagne chilled, not to be opened.

Mr.Right
01-27-2005, 08:27 PM
:shocked:
As soon as I got done laughing hysterically :roflmao: I got busy making phone calls to all of my friends and family in the Buffalo/Western New York area!:funny:
Most of them didn't want to talk:idunno: and the ones who did weren't saying very nice things to me!:curse:

B-DON
01-27-2005, 08:32 PM
thanks for the reminder *******

Mr.Right
01-27-2005, 08:43 PM
thanks for the reminder *******
Check out the first picture in my 'signature'!:funny:

Devin
01-27-2005, 08:43 PM
was 11 years old, it was almost 5am (i lived in Germany at the time my father was in the Army) it was my first superbowl.

Ebenezer
01-27-2005, 08:57 PM
standing in my father's living room in disbelief...

Billz_fan
01-27-2005, 09:01 PM
I was at Muldownys sports lounge in Seneca Falls NY for a closed SB party. It was for all the people who had bought $100 squares. That was awesome. Everytime the score changed someone got 500 bucks The final score winner got everything that was left. My buddy that I went with won $500

Anyway. We were watching on a 50+ inch big screen and we all held hands as we watched the kick. The rest is history. And yes, I had tears. Most all of us did.

LarryBoy
01-27-2005, 09:05 PM
and the ones who did weren't saying very nice things to me!:curse:

Hmm....wonder why? Must be your charming personality. :shutit:

The_Philster
01-27-2005, 09:25 PM
:fury: I wondered if anyone would bring this up. When I was searching for news for the front page this morning I got enough of a reminder. :sadwalk:

Dr. Lecter
01-27-2005, 09:34 PM
I was in my college lounge. One guy (Non-Bills fan) had just said "He's gonna schank it'. And he did. Two of us were big Bills fans. I stomped to my room and shut the door and dropped countless F-bombs.

OpIv37
01-27-2005, 09:34 PM
I was only 12 but I was in my parents' living room- the game was so close, really intense- then, nothing.... I felt like crying but I don't think I did....

I had watched Bills games before with my dad, but that was the first year I started getting really into it- watching all the games and learning the players. To have the season end a few feet short of eternal glory...

Mr.Right
01-27-2005, 09:40 PM
I remember everyone telling me:
"Watch out! We'll get em' next year!":bringit:

sadly....
"next year" never came for the Buffalo Bills!:shakeno:

Turf
01-27-2005, 09:43 PM
In shock, anger, and disbelief like I am to this day.

Kicked a chair, almost broke my foot.

I've had few surreal moments in life, that was one of them. The excitement of that game I'll never forget.

Charlieguide
01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
I remember everyone telling me:
"Watch out! We'll get em' next year!":bringit:

sadly....
"next year" never came for the Buffalo Bills!:shakeno:

I ask this with the most sincere honesty: do you actually still find people that are bothered by your SB comments? It's a fond, bittersweet memory for most of us.

Tatonka
01-27-2005, 10:49 PM
i was 15 years old.. standing in the emergency room after the game w/ my mom because i put a hole in my wall, and actually broke my hand on the brick exterior of the house.

then i wore my bills sweatshirt to school the next day along with my cast.

RAMS FAN
01-27-2005, 10:50 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/images/losman21_bills_1.jpg

ouch

Historian
01-28-2005, 05:59 AM
I was at a SB party in Rockaway NJ taking ****from the waiters who were all dressed in Giants tee-shirts.

Mr.Right
01-28-2005, 07:06 AM
I ask this with the most sincere honesty: do you actually still find people that are bothered by your SB comments? It's a fond, bittersweet memory for most of us.
Yep!:funny: Even after all this time, when the Bills were getting '***** slapped' all over the field by Pittsburgh's third string....
:nana:
I got into a "disagreement" with a bunch of Bills fans at the local sports bar just for screaming and yelling: "BILLS CHOKE AGAIN, REMINDS ME OF THEIR SUPER BOWL YEARS", "WHERE'S NORWOOD", etc...... :haha:
:whatthe: The drunken idiots' response was "HOW MANY OTHER TEAMS WENT TO FOUR STRAIGHT?".......
:yap:
luckily for those guys.....
My brother-in-law and brother :pound:dragged me out before I 'cleaned house' with the bunch of em'! :ontome:

That was a fun day!
:rofl:

Novacane
01-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Yep!:funny: Even after all this time, when the Bills were getting '***** slapped' all over the field by Pittsburgh's third string....
I got into a "disagreement" with a bunch of Bills fans at the local sports bar just for screaming and yelling: "BILLS CHOKE AGAIN, REMINDS ME OF THEIR SUPER BOWL YEARS", "WHERE'S NORWOOD", etc...... :haha:
:whatthe: The drunken idiots' response was "HOW MANY OTHER TEAMS WENT TO FOUR STRAIGHT?".......
My brother-in-law and brother :pound:dragged me out before I 'cleaned house' with the bunch of em'! :ontome:

That was a fun day!

You must lead a very boring life

CanaanVtBillsFan
01-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Wow
That's crazy I just emailed a buddy about that night. I was stationed in Fort Hood Texas, and everyone knew who I was. I had front seat for a huge barracks party and when that %%&%(&%( missed they all jumped on the TV
I didn't even drink for the game due to how nervous I was. Maybe I should have for what then happened was in a daze I got up and walked towrds the door and my left fist then proceeded to go through a chicken wire window. After my daze cleared I had a roomate yelling in my face (just imagine a deep south brother) "saying your sister is on the phone she is crying, man you Buffalo people are crazy". Well I didn't get an article 15 although I thought for sure I was going too. I had to see the 1st Sargent of that company monday morning. Talk about scared. I walked in his office reported and all I was looking at was a smiling 1st sargent. I said top if you don't mind might i ask why your smiling. He said I heard about you and never have I known such a big football fan. All I had to do was pay for the window.

So whoever brought this up Yeah thanks
I still have the reminding scar on my finger
Damn you Norwood!!!!!!! :posrep:

pats-were-right
01-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Mr. Right, one question. You're at least FROM the Bay area, right?

Jan Reimers
01-28-2005, 09:23 AM
I was at a SB party in Rockaway NJ taking ****from the waiters who were all dressed in Giants tee-shirts.
I was just up the road at Gatwyns on Rte. 15 in Jefferson.

Michael82
01-28-2005, 09:30 AM
IF ONLY.... :sadwalk:

http://buffalobills.com/display_cont.jsp?cont_id=45207
http://buffalobills.com/display_cont.jsp?cont_id=45230
http://buffalobills.com/display_cont.jsp?cont_id=45226

Michael82
01-28-2005, 10:05 AM
I got one of these. Anyone else?

http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/8b/b4/96_1.JPG

Ebenezer
01-28-2005, 10:12 AM
I got one of these. Anyone else?

http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/8b/b4/96_1.JPG
I would not be able to look at that...

Michael82
01-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I would not be able to look at that...
It's put aside. I also bought a Yankees 2001 World Series Champions pin on ebay too. :up:

The Natrix
01-28-2005, 10:35 AM
http://everyskyline.com/archives/000341.html

trapezeus
01-28-2005, 12:16 PM

That was a fun day!
Clearly Mr. Right was abused as a child. That's why he reaches out for some sort of acknowledgement. As supportive people, we might as well try and help the douchebag sort through his issues.

Mr.Right
01-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Mr. Right, one question. You're at least FROM the Bay area, right?
Nope!:nono:
Western New York! :unhappy:
My family (Bills fanatics) had season tickets during the teams' so-called "glory years":loser:...but I just could never 'root' for that team!:down:

TedMock
01-28-2005, 12:27 PM
My family (Bills fanatics) had season tickets during the teams' so-called "glory years":loser:...but I just could never 'root' for that team!:down:

'nuff said.

jamze132
01-28-2005, 04:37 PM
I had a dog bone in my hands squeezing the crap out of it during the kick. I threw a dog bone at my dad's brand new big screen and broke the screen. After he beat my ass for that he threw the bone at me and broke a lamp after I used my cat-like reflexes to dodge the attack. We had quite a big laugh about it last week.

PUCKER
01-28-2005, 09:26 PM
*SIGH* :sadwalk:

Michael82
01-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I had a dog bone in my hands squeezing the crap out of it during the kick. I threw a dog bone at my dad's brand new big screen and broke the screen. After he beat my ass for that he threw the bone at me and broke a lamp after I used my cat-like reflexes to dodge the attack. We had quite a big laugh about it last week.
:rofl: How much did it cost you? :snicker:

Philagape
01-29-2005, 09:49 AM

Ah, so you stuck your finger in the wind to choose a team to like.
Let me guess your other favorite teams:
Baseball -- Yankees
Basketball -- Celtics
Hockey -- Canadiens

BTW, a few weeks before the Bills got "*****-slapped" by the Steelers backups, they *****-slapped the 49ers, so what does that say about the 49ers? :loser:
You better brag about the 49ers' titles, because with their current ownership, they'll never win another one.

Philagape
01-29-2005, 09:53 AM
I used to like the 49ers ... WWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY back when they were a halfway decent team :snicker:

Now I just pity them

jamze132
01-29-2005, 10:24 AM
:rofl: How much did it cost you? :snicker:
I didn't get my allowance for a month, plus I had to cut the grass, clean the gutters, scrub the outside of the house, etc. It sucked! F'n Norwood!

Uncle Jesse
01-29-2005, 10:29 AM
I was sleeping, having no clue what was going on when all the adults at my house were flipping out.

Michael82
01-29-2005, 11:23 AM
I was sleeping, having no clue what was going on when all the adults at my house were flipping out.
How old were you? :mad:

HAMMER
01-29-2005, 12:21 PM

I ask this with sincere honesty, why are you here Mr Right? Anyone that has the time to waste antagonizing another team's fans about something that happened 14 years ago should be beaten like a rented mule. Go get another job, mentor a teen (never mind, bad idea), volunteer some time to a shelter. GET A LIFE!

Michael82
01-29-2005, 12:30 PM
I ask this with sincere honesty, why are you here Mr Right? Anyone that has the time to waste antagonizing another team's fans about something that happened 14 years ago should be beaten like a rented mule. Go get another job, mentor a teen (never mind, bad idea), volunteer some time to a shelter. GET A LIFE!
:rofl: pos rep for that.

Mr.Right
01-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Ah, so you stuck your finger in the wind to choose a team to like.
Let me guess your other favorite teams:
Baseball -- Yankees
Basketball -- Celtics
Hockey -- Canadiens
WRONG!!!! :nono:
But IF you really must know:
:rolleyes:
Baseball -- Florida Marlins :clap:
Basketball -- Globetrotters :funny: and that Bobby Knight guy:chair: (whatever team he coaches:headscrat)
Hockey -- do they still play that???? :huh:
If there is anything else you NEED to know (eg. my favorite color, favorite food, favorite song....) don't be afraid to ask! :dance:

Michael82
01-29-2005, 12:47 PM
I didn't get my allowance for a month, plus I had to cut the grass, clean the gutters, scrub the outside of the house, etc. It sucked! F'n Norwood!
Damn, that sucks. :snicker:

Philagape
01-29-2005, 01:36 PM
WRONG!!!! :nono:
But IF you really must know:
:rolleyes:
Baseball -- Florida Marlins :clap:
Basketball -- Globetrotters :funny: and that Bobby Knight guy:chair: (whatever team he coaches:headscrat)
Hockey -- do they still play that???? :huh:
If there is anything else you NEED to know (eg. my favorite color, favorite food, favorite song....) don't be afraid to ask! :dance:

Were you a Marlins fan before or after they won the WS?

pats-were-right
01-29-2005, 02:14 PM

You know what's funny, at first I said "Well Marlins, so he does have some team loyalty based on something besides championships." Then I remembered that they've won two world championships in less than ten years of existence. I'd call that an ultimate WTF statistic.

Hey, as long as he's still sticking WITH the 9ers CURRENTLY I guess he gets points.

Mr.Right
01-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Since DAY #1 :up: I never really payed attention to the sport until they came along....
:idunno:

I just hated the Yankees because everyone else around here likes em'!:funny:

Philagape
01-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Since DAY #1 :up: I never really payed attention to the sport until they came along....
:idunno:

I just hated the Yankees because everyone else around here likes em'!:funny:

I hate them :down:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-30-2005, 02:25 AM
don't laugh OK guys I was 5 yrs. old and I had to go to bed at 9:00 my bedtime was usually 7:00 because I had school the next day. I talked my mom to let me stay up until 9. She taped the game (by the way we still have it to this day) in school nobody wanted to talk about it not even my friends. When I got home from school I remember that I ran into the house and watched the game from start to finish. When I watched Norwood's kick I put my arms to make a it's good signal while the ball was still in the air but when it went wide right I put them down really quickly and I fell to my knees and started crying and that's when I knew we had lost

clumping platelets
01-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Giants 20
Bills 19

Where were you?

Watching from Seeb, Oman with other Bills fans from the 365th Evac Hospital. We watched all 3 playoff games there. Game came on at 0300. Breaksfast at about 0630 was very quiet cuz we had about 300 Bills fans

SabreEleven
01-30-2005, 09:21 AM
I was standing outside tent P-4 all by myself in Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf War listening to it on my transitor radio. It was 5:30am and I woke up about 20 people when I yelled the 'F' word. They thought we were be attacked again. :(

STAMPY
01-30-2005, 04:57 PM
don't laugh OK guys I was 5 yrs. old and I had to go to bed at 9:00 my bedtime was usually 7:00 because I had school the next day. I talked my mom to let me stay up until 9. She taped the game (by the way we still have it to this day) in school nobody wanted to talk about it not even my friends. When I got home from school I remember that I ran into the house and watched the game from start to finish. When I watched Norwood's kick I put my arms to make a it's good signal while the ball was still in the air but when it went wide right I put them down really quickly and I fell to my knees and started crying and that's when I knew we had lost

You disgust me :mad: :down: *****! Don't cry

Novacane
01-30-2005, 05:15 PM
I ask this with sincere honesty, why are you here Mr Right? !

His parents beat him with a Jim Kelly bobble-head doll as a kid. He's had an obsessive grudge against the Bills ever since

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-30-2005, 09:28 PM
You disgust me :mad: :down: *****! Don't cry

What was I supposed to do I was 5!