PDA

View Full Version : Coy Wire

Mr. Miyagi
01-28-2005, 03:46 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I only want Coy Wire to stay with the team because his name sounds cool.

If he can actually play, that's a plus. :up:

Big M
01-28-2005, 04:51 AM
Plus he's a good guy and great in the community.

Wait ? That sounds like someone else who can't play his position worth a damn. :shakeno:

Jan Reimers
01-28-2005, 05:03 AM
Wire is a nice backup SS and a good special teamer who gives his all on every play. He might even grow into the starting SS job down the road. I think he'll be around awhile.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Three things will keep Wire on the roster for the next few years.
1) He's cheap and won't merit much of an increase with next contract.
2) He's a good special teams player and decent backup.
3) He's a guy who hustles and doesn't flap his gums.

I am not sold on Wire, personally, would prefer Prioleau on my roster but I think he's here for quite some time.

NC-BILLS44
01-28-2005, 08:59 AM
I just wish they'd let him concentrate on FS or SS and stop switching him back and forth.

Jan Reimers
01-28-2005, 09:15 AM
I just wish they'd let him concentrate on FS or SS and stop switching him back and forth.
I agree. He seems to be more of an SS type, so I hope he can learn from Milloy and take over there one day.

Patrick76777
01-28-2005, 09:19 AM
I despise Coy Wire!

He’s probably the worst player on the team.

He makes me want to scream!

If he was black and his name was Robert Jones he would have been cut 2 years ago. Probably wouldn’t have been drafted!

I cringe when he’s on the field.

I can’t stand watching the clip of the Jacksonville Touchdown. Wire is just standing there with his back to the ball like a moron.

Mr. Miyagi
01-28-2005, 09:39 AM
If he was black and his name was Robert Jones he would have been cut 2 years ago. Probably wouldn’t have been drafted!
I'm inclined to partially agree. Even if he's a white dude, but named Bobby Korchevski he'd be dwelling in the practice squat of the 69ers right now.

Mr. Miyagi
01-28-2005, 09:40 AM
I hope he marries a girl named Barb. :snicker:

juice
01-28-2005, 10:08 AM
I despise Coy Wire!

He’s probably the worst player on the team.

He makes me want to scream!

I cringe when he’s on the field.

I can’t stand watching the clip of the Jacksonville Touchdown. Wire is just standing there with his back to the ball like a moron.I dont know if Coy is the worst player on the team.. He has heart but lacks instincts and ability to play any position on Offense or Defense.. that fact makes him expendable.

But he is definately the worst coverguy on the team.

Patrick76777
01-28-2005, 10:09 AM
I dont know if Coy is the worst player on the team.. He has heart but lacks instincts and ability to play any position on Offense or Defense.. that fact makes him expendable.

But he is definately the worst coverguy on the team.

Who's worse?

And Don't say Drew!

juice
01-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Who's worse?

And Don't say Drew! Pussicillo and Smith are useless and showed as little ability to play on this Level at LG as Wire showed at playing DB.

Wire could be used to play in some Short yardage or Goalline situations.. but should never be used in coverage.

Patrick76777
01-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Pussicillo and Smith are useless and showed as little ability to play on this Level at LG as Wire showed at playing DB.

Wire could be used to play in some Short yardage or Goalline situations.. but should never be used in coverage.

Pucillo is terrible but I can't say he worse than Wire!

juice
01-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Pucillo is terrible but I can't say he worse than Wire!Wire can Hit hard and is a pretty good tackler when he's not over-running the play but he is too small to play LB, he's aggressive getting to the ball but is a complete liability in coverage.

LtBillsFan66
01-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Is he overpaid as a special teamer? He IS good on special teams.

LtBillsFan66
01-28-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm inclined to partially agree. Even if he's a white dude, but named Bobby Korchevski he'd be dwelling in the practice squat of the 69ers right now.
Nah.

But they'd sell way less #27 Jerseys though!

LtBillsFan66
01-28-2005, 10:44 AM
I meant to respond to quote pat.

Patrick76777
01-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Is he overpaid as a special teamer? He IS good on special teams.

Nothing special! They didn't even dress him for the last game of the year. The most important game of the season and he's in street cloths.

Crisis
01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I only want Coy Wire to stay with the team because his name sounds cool.

If he can actually play, that's a plus. :up:

Now we need Quentin Jammer. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
01-28-2005, 01:13 PM
As long as we don't get a guy named Gay. :up:

jamze132
01-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Coy may suck on defense, but he more than makes up for it on Special Teams. 9 out of 10 times, he's right around the ball on punts and kickoffs. I'm not about to compare him to Tasker yet, but he may be on his way.

buffalofan19
01-28-2005, 04:16 PM
While I agree that Coy Wire sucks as a coverage guy, he is a very good special teamer.

Also, my brother made a good point about him. Wire was a linebacker at Stanford. They to convert him into a Safety but it just sin't panning out. Maybe it is just taking him a little longer to learn the safety position.

Patrick76777
01-28-2005, 04:20 PM
If the guy is such a great ST's player then why did they put him on the inactive list for the last and most important game of the season?

jamze132
01-28-2005, 04:23 PM
If the guy is such a great ST's player then why did they put him on the inactive list for the last and most important game of the season?
Becuase he wasn't healthy enough to play. He missed a few games this year with a lingering injury. I think it was his abdomen or rib cage area, not really sure.

Patrick76777
01-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Becuase he wasn't healthy enough to play. He missed a few games this year with a lingering injury. I think it was his abdomen or rib cage area, not really sure.

I don't remember that!

The guy is TERRIBLE!