PDA

View Full Version : Keydrick Vincent

ghz in pittsburgh
01-28-2005, 07:02 AM
It is reported here in Pit that the Steelers will not attempt to sign him. In the traditional one-on-one Cowher and player meeting at the end of the season, Keydrick reportedly got a short one and he said Cowher wished him good luck with everything.

The Steelers already has already commited to another 1st rounder Simmons at the same position, so they are not about to commit any more high dollars at that position. They felt Vincent, Pats' G whose name escapes me right now (some ..tuzzi), and Packers Rivera will be the top class of FA at Guard this offseason.

Simmons is a better guard than Vincent. The trouble is that he could not stay healthy, like Bell. Vincent said he wants to come out of this FA thing feeling like a first rounder; he wants to be "loved", "wanted".

Jayhawk
01-28-2005, 07:19 AM
ok, but our guards are decent and we need a Lt

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-28-2005, 08:02 AM
uhh...we could sure use a guard though too, or am I missing something.....left guard is just as big a question mark as left tackle.

Jayhawk
01-28-2005, 08:12 AM
We just need to convert Justin Bannon to LG. :lmao:

Tatonka
01-28-2005, 08:40 AM
i am not upset with tucker at LG really.. the line played well.. as did tucker..

if we sign someone else.. then fine.. but LT is the only spot we need to address immediately, and i would replace teague at center before i replaced tucker..

or move tucker back to center.. and replace the lg spot that is open.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-28-2005, 08:42 AM
I was listening to Jack Hamm analysing the NE/Pit game. He mentioned something I think is so true about pressuring a QB: the Steelers failed to prevent Brady from stepping up in the pocket. In the typical 3-4 defense, the Steelers' rushing linebackers did pretty good job rushing from the edge - most people here agree only the linebackers played well in that game. But they could not push/collapse the middle like they did in the October game, rushing Brady into quick bad throws.

When Hamm said that, I immediately have so many images of Bledsoe's terrible plays flashing in front of me, including the crushing sack/fumble/return for TD against the same Steelers in the very last game, Richard Seymore's fumble/return for TD at the first Pats game in Buffalo. It also reminded me several unusual good plays from Bledsoe this season, such as rushing for a first down or side step the pressure or step up to avoid a potential sack and throw for completions.

Isn't it so true that when you have a little pocket in the front, even statures can move a little to avoid sacks? If you had listened to Hamm long enough, you would know he has preached that for a good 3-4 defense, you need outside linebackers who can rush from the edge, but you must have a nose tackle who can control the middle.

Now on the other side, the offense, who is directly responsible to neutralize this threat? The center. I have stated many times that Teague has trouble handling the nose tackle of a 3-4 defense, and the Bills lost every game this season against those prominantly 3-4 defense teams. This is not a coincidence.

I really believe a great offensive line starts from the center. The Bills never have a good O-line since Kent Hall retired. The Steelers' Dawson anchored a good to great O-line when he was here. When Hartings out last season, Mularkey had no O-line last season. When Hartings back this year, Wisenhunt has a great O-line this season. There is really no argument.

Ickybaluky
01-28-2005, 11:04 AM
Pats' G whose name escapes me right now (some ..tuzzi),

Joe Andruzzi