PDA

View Full Version : Clements Added To Pro Bowl Roster

LtBillsFan66
01-28-2005, 12:07 PM
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3092

OpIv37
01-28-2005, 12:10 PM
props to Nate- as much as I love the Bills, sometimes it must suck to play for them. The guy had an unbelievable season and only gets his due after 2 other players get injured.

juice
01-28-2005, 12:35 PM
That sounds about right.. his #s justify the selection outright, not as a replacement.

OpIv37
01-28-2005, 12:49 PM
That sounds about right.. his #s justify the selection outright, not as a replacement.

that's the disadvantage of playing in Buffalo- you have to be spectacular to be noticed. Remember in 99 when we led the league in D but didn't have a single player selected for the Pro Bowl?

Patrick76777
01-28-2005, 01:01 PM
props to Nate- as much as I love the Bills, sometimes it must suck to play for them. The guy had an unbelievable season and only gets his due after 2 other players get injured.

Stop the pitty party! Back in our hay day we had just about the whole team in the Pro Bowl!

The Best teams always have the most Pro Bowlers. That's how it works.

Michael82
01-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Stop the pitty party! Back in our hay day we had just about the whole team in the Pro Bowl!

The Best teams always have the most Pro Bowlers. That's how it works.
Not New England. Start the pity party for them. They get no respect. Philly has 9, NE has 4. :::

Michael82
01-28-2005, 01:05 PM
BTW...Congrats to Nate!

However, this sucks because now it will make him harder to lock up to a contract. :mad:

Ebenezer
01-28-2005, 01:10 PM
BTW...Congrats to Nate!

However, this sucks because now it will make him harder to lock up to a contract. :mad:
and I am sure there is some salcap money effects here....

Section 130 Row 26
01-28-2005, 03:00 PM
I bet the re-sign him this offseason.....The cap is suppoed to jump up even higher next year with that TV deal crap, and more teams can throw more money at him.....PLus McGee is also UFA next year. In fact I guarentee they resign him this offseason...

They wont let their two starting corners hit their contract years like that. It only makes sense, especially that this team may have some holes right now, but not a entire grocery list of players....Moulds restructuring should put them into double digit cap room. More than enough for Nate

JG

Crisis
01-28-2005, 03:26 PM
We need to lock up Nate and McGee long-term.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-28-2005, 03:32 PM
I bet the re-sign him this offseason.....The cap is suppoed to jump up even higher next year with that TV deal crap, and more teams can throw more money at him.....PLus McGee is also UFA next year. In fact I guarentee they resign him this offseason...

They wont let their two starting corners hit their contract years like that. It only makes sense, especially that this team may have some holes right now, but not a entire grocery list of players....Moulds restructuring should put them into double digit cap room. More than enough for Nate

JG

You're on the right track, but I predict that they give McGee an extension this offseason, and wait on Clements....I just think McGee will be enough cheaper that they will get that done first.

jamze132
01-28-2005, 03:39 PM
First of all, congrats to Nate. He deserves the honor. Second, He needs to be locked up long term and I am positive that Donahoe won't even think about letting him walk. I just hope he driven by money.

ScottLawrence
01-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Im not worried about a contract for Nate.

If worst comes to worst, Franchise or Transition tag him because he is worth it, IMO.

jamze132
01-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Im not worried about a contract for Nate.

If worst comes to worst, Franchise or Transition tag him because he is worth it, IMO.
I think the only way they tag him is if they are having a hard time with his contract getting done. It would give management another year with negotiations. But thats another year away.

ShadowHawk7
01-28-2005, 05:01 PM
What gives, I was the first one to post this, how come I got the snub thread?

TigerJ
01-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I posted on yours, Shadowhawk. In any case, the name recognition he'll get from being in the game as a fill in may be enough to get him voted in next year and beyond.

PhinsFan66
01-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Being a Fins Fan I like Surtain, but Clements was deserving...now why is Lynch of the Broncos going to the Pro-Bowl?? :shocked:

juice
01-28-2005, 06:00 PM
What gives, I was the first one to post this, how come I got the snub thread?Check the TimeLine Hawk.. I think this one was up first.

ShadowHawk7
01-28-2005, 06:09 PM
O. Oopsie. :D My bad.