PDA

View Full Version : I found a Trade for Henry

justasportsfan
01-28-2005, 12:50 PM
The agent for Randy McMichael wants a new contract.
His current deal runs out after the next season, but new coach Nick Saban may want to see McMike up close before giving him a deal. Agent Drew Rosenhaus would not comment on the possibility of a holdout, which isn't a great sign.

https://registration.miami.com/reg/login.do?url=http://www.miami.com%2Fmld%2Fmiamiherald%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2F10754242.htm

Ebenezer
01-28-2005, 12:53 PM
His current deal runs out after the next season, but new coach Nick Saban may want to see McMike up close before giving him a deal. Agent Drew Rosenhaus would not comment on the possibility of a holdout, which isn't a great sign.

https://registration.miami.com/reg/login.do?url=http://www.miami.com%2Fmld%2Fmiamiherald%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2F10754242.htm
Rosenhaus?? TD seemed to get the WM deal done without problem....

The Bills would save $600K on the cap (RM is $455,000) and upgrade a position of need...

I would serious consider that one...

juice
01-28-2005, 12:53 PM

https://registration.miami.com/reg/login.do?url=http://www.miami.com%2Fmld%2Fmiamiherald%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2F10754242.htm Lets make a Deal

OpIv37
01-28-2005, 12:54 PM
The only thing that concerns me is Rosenhaus- it would be great to steal some talent from a division rival and he'd be a definite upgrade at TE, but I'm afraid we'd have to overpay.

Don't forget we need to resign or replace Jennings, resign P Williams and leave some cap space for Clements next year.

On the other hand, how is McMichael's blocking ability? An experienced TE would provide a dump off option for JP and make me more comfortable with him at QB.

venis2k1
01-28-2005, 01:06 PM
i would rather take a young proven commedity than gamble on a second or third round pick. i guess like most things, it all depends on the price.

Novacane
01-28-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't want RM. No thanks

mysticsoto
01-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Are you guys talking about a straight player trade? That doesn't seem fair to us! A 1300-1400+ yard running back for an ok tight end? Tony Gonzalez, and a few others might be the only ones worth a trade like that. I'd still want a 3rd or 4th rd draft pick from Miami if this is to be the case!

justasportsfan
01-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Are you guys talking about a straight player trade? That doesn't seem fair to us! A 1300-1400+ yard running back for an ok tight end? Tony Gonzalez, and a few others might be the only ones worth a trade like that. I'd still want a 3rd or 4th rd draft pick from Miami if this is to be the case!

Are you nuts? RM has been a good TE and to think that the qb's throwing to him were FieFee.

Typ0
01-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Are you nuts? RM has been a good TE and to think that the qb's throwing to him were FieFee.

Bad QBs do make tight ends look good :snicker:

Patrick76777
01-28-2005, 01:28 PM

Really! because I DO NOT want to trade him to Miami but I would love this deal and don't think Miami would go for it. That's one hell of a weapon to put with Moulds, Evans and Willis!

OpIv37
01-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Really! because I DO NOT want to trade him to Miami but I would love this deal and don't think Miami would go for it. That's one hell of a weapon to put with Moulds, Evans and Willis!

I concur- Henry for McMichael would definitely help us but it would be difficult to convince Miami of his worth. I would even say we'd get the better end of this deal.

Mr. Cynical
01-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Bad QBs do make tight ends look good :snicker:
:rofl:

Subtle...let's see who gets it. :;

Marino13Phins
01-28-2005, 01:39 PM
I concur- Henry for McMichael would definitely help us but it would be difficult to convince Miami of his worth. I would even say we'd get the better end of this deal.

I wouldn't see Miami doing that trade. RM is a release valve for our QB's and a play maker at times. We do need a RB badly, but TH health remains a problem because he is hurt a lot I think that would be the only thing that woud leave Miami unsure about that trade, and why they wouldn't do that.

jaja54
01-28-2005, 01:40 PM

Bingo! That's why it won't happen unless Buffalo throws soemthing else into the mix!

Samphin1
01-28-2005, 02:12 PM

Keep dreaming. The only way Randy gets traded is if he becomes a mjor pain and holds out, complains about the team publicly etc. Plus, since he is unhappy with his contract, don't you think that if he gets traded anywhere that he will want to re-structure or extend? You aren't getting him for a 455,000 a year contract. He will cost much more than that.

Plus, whoever said he is just an ok tight end is dead wrong. He combines great speed and power to make a deadly combo. Linebackers can't keep up with him and DB's can't bring him down.

That being said, no way Miami trades him. This is fantasy at best. I still strongly think that Henry will NOT be a PHIN next year and, if by the off chance he does, it won't be with Randy going to Buffalo.

justasportsfan
01-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Bingo! That's why it won't happen unless Buffalo throws soemthing else into the mix!Pucillo. He'd be your best OL player easy.

mysticsoto
01-28-2005, 02:15 PM
No way do I think TH is replaceable by RM. First off, I think our TEs are more than capable unless their injuries are such a threat that we don't know if they'd be ready next year. I guess Donahoe and the doctors might know better about that. But even so, I don't think we end up with a better part of the deal! TEs produce occasional yardage and scores, while Henry did well behind a crappy line. When you have a LB of Zach Thomas' caliber saying he hates having to tackle TH, that says something about the caliber player that he is. And he plays whether he's hurt or not. He's got the heart of a warrior.

RM is okay (toward the bottom of a top 10 list of current TEs maybe ?) but no way does he replace Travis in terms of production.

venis2k1
01-28-2005, 02:29 PM
RM is okay (toward the bottom of a top 10 list of current TEs maybe ?) but no way does he replace Travis in terms of production.

Hands down the best TE in the AFCE

Tatonka
01-28-2005, 02:48 PM
that would be sweet.. i always wanted a player that beats the **** out of his pregnant wife on the team!!!

maybe he can be OJ Simpson part 2!!!!

maybe once he gets to buffalo he can kill his wife and baby. not just smack them around.

you guys are nuts..

Section 130 Row 26
01-28-2005, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=RM is okay (toward the bottom of a top 10 list of current TEs maybe ?) but no way does he replace Travis in terms of production.[/QUOTE]
ok........................Henry didn't play last year, thats the kind of production he gave us. We have some guy named uh..um...oh yeah, WILLIS. McMicheal in this offense with our 2 WR'S and Willis running the ball would be deadly...He wouldn't even have to make plays, he'd be a very nice decoy over the middle...

McMicheal is prolly top 5 or 6 tight end in the pass game easy. Any one of our tight ends on the roster dont even make the top 25. SOUP? Euhus? Gross, compared to RM.

I'd love this trade to go down, but I agree, the Fish will realize that pairing RM with our other weapons would hurt more than help them.

JG

justasportsfan
01-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Keep dreaming. The only way Randy gets traded is if he becomes a mjor pain and holds out, complains about the team publicly etc. Plus, since he is unhappy with his contract, don't you think that if he gets traded anywhere that he will want to re-structure or extend? You aren't getting him for a 455,000 a year contract. He will cost much more than that.

Plus, whoever said he is just an ok tight end is dead wrong. He combines great speed and power to make a deadly combo. Linebackers can't keep up with him and DB's can't bring him down.

That being said, no way Miami trades him. This is fantasy at best. I still strongly think that Henry will NOT be a PHIN next year and, if by the off chance he does, it won't be with Randy going to Buffalo. Got you guys scared huh? He's a great catcher but needs work at blocking.

jamze132
01-28-2005, 03:56 PM
If he threatens hold out and Donahoe asks the trade, I think the Dolphins may go for it. If he sits, he just collects a paycheck with their offense getting no production. They would be inclined to trade him. They might really consider Henry for McMichael and I would welcome this with open arms. I have always considered him one of the very few guys in Miami that you have to account for on every down. Even if they wanted say our 4th rounder, I would do the trade.

Section 130 Row 26
01-28-2005, 03:59 PM
If he threatens hold out and Donahoe asks the trade, I think the Dolphins may go for it. If he sits, he just collects a paycheck with their offense getting no production. They would be inclined to trade him. They might really consider Henry for McMichael and I would welcome this with open arms. I have always considered him one of the very few guys in Miami that you have to account for on every down. Even if they wanted say our 4th rounder, I would do the trade.
NICE post. Totally agreed. Henry and a 4th for McMicheal is very fair....Now the question is will the Fish do it? I say no

JG

Samphin1
01-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Got you guys scared huh? He's a great catcher but needs work at blocking.

:nervous: :loser: No, not scared in the least bit. Like I said, The Dolphins wouldn't trade Randy, period. They especially wouldn't trade him to the Bills for a backup running back.

I agree that his blocking needs some work. He Doesn't pancake guys but he doesn't let them through either. He just kind of stands his ground with the guy, which is sometimes ok, sometimes bad and sometimes good, depending on the play.

He is an excellent pass catcher, although late last season he dropped A LOT of balls. Wide open soft lobs and he just flat out dropped them. He was prbably packing it in, which stinks. However, when he is motivated, he is virtually impossible to stop in the receiving corps.

I would trade him to Buffalo for Henry and one of the following (Moulds, Spikes, Clements or Schoebel) Since that would be highway robbery from you guys, and it will never happen, then I guess Randy being traded to Buffalo will never happen either.

juice
01-28-2005, 06:26 PM
that would be sweet.. i always wanted a player that beats the **** out of his pregnant wife on the team!!!

maybe he can be OJ Simpson part 2!!!!

maybe once he gets to buffalo he can kill his wife and baby. not just smack them around.

you guys are nuts..I wish we could get a player of OJ's abilities for Henry.. but I'd be satisfied with a solid LT and a conditional pick based on Henry's output.

Dozerdog
01-28-2005, 06:27 PM
If you could work out a longer term deal beneficial to the Bills before the trade, I'd consider it.

Otherwise, renting McMichael for the year vs a day 1 draft pick- I'd take the draft pick

Personally though, I'd rather not have a wife beater on the team.

Novacane
01-28-2005, 06:28 PM
I would trade him to Buffalo for Henry and one of the following (Moulds, Spikes, Clements or Schoebel) Since that would be highway robbery from you guys, and it will never happen, then I guess Randy being traded to Buffalo will never happen either.

:crazy:

Samphin1
01-28-2005, 06:42 PM
If you could work out a longer term deal beneficial to the Bills before the trade, I'd consider it.

Otherwise, renting McMichael for the year vs a day 1 draft pick- I'd take the draft pick

Personally though, I'd rather not have a wife beater on the team.

Oy vey, first of all, he didn't hit her. She was beating him up. He called the cops and told them that he pushed her away o get off him. Nothing even happened to him. The case was dropped because basically, the police had no reason to really arrest him in the first place. He did embarass the organization though, but what didn't in 2004?

Oh well, in regards to Henry, I would rather NOT have a RAPIST on my team.

Novacane
01-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Oy vey, first of all, he didn't hit her. She was beating him up. He called the cops and told them that he pushed her away o get off him. Nothing even happened to him. The case was dropped because basically, the police had no reason to really arrest him in the first place. He did embarass the organization though, but what didn't in 2004?

SHE was beating HIM up? He must be a major puss :dance:

Crisis
01-28-2005, 06:51 PM

OK- I don't want a player that cant even beat up his wife.

Crisis
01-28-2005, 06:52 PM

I'll put it in black and white for you- you know, the colors "Cecil the Diesel" is wearing these days.

Consentual sex is NOT rape. Second, the girl lied about her age.

I love it, this coming from the fan of a team who recruits players out of the local pen.

Dozerdog
01-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Next to the Raiders- i think the fins have the NFL's longest rap sheet

PhinsFan66
01-28-2005, 08:40 PM

We're not gonna "give" you Randy for Henry straight up....throw us a 2nd rounder and Henry and we can do business.

TigerJ
01-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Pucillo. He'd be your best OL player easy.

:clap: If you could pull that one off, you should be selling real estate in the everglades.

The_Philster
01-28-2005, 09:33 PM
We're not gonna "give" you Randy for Henry straight up....throw us a 2nd rounder and Henry and we can do business.

some of us don't want wife-beater Randy anyway :loser:

The Natrix
01-28-2005, 09:35 PM
That's one hell of a weapon to put with Moulds, Evans and Willis!

Add Losman in their also and that would be promising. I'd do that deal mos def.

The Natrix
01-28-2005, 09:36 PM
some of us don't want wife-beater Randy anyway :loser:

Even if it won us the superbowl, phil?

The_Philster
01-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Even if it won us the superbowl, phil?

scumbags don't belong in Buffalo...period.
Think about it...the kids of Western NY will look up to the Super Bowl champion Buffalo Bills...that's not the type of person they should be looking up to.

Crisis
01-28-2005, 09:40 PM

:rofl:

Philagape
01-28-2005, 10:16 PM

There is not one Miami Dolphin worth Henry AND a 2nd. I'm having trouble thinking of two.

The Natrix
01-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Dan Marino and R. Williams.

Crisis
01-28-2005, 10:23 PM
There is not one Miami Dolphin worth Henry AND a 2nd. I'm having trouble thinking of two.

Jason Taylor maybe.

Could you imagine Taylor, Williams, Adams, and Schoebel on one line? :drool:

Philagape
01-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Jason Taylor maybe.

Could you imagine Taylor, Williams, Adams, and Schoebel on one line? :drool:

If he were a few years younger, yeah.

Taylor AND McM I'd think about

Crisis
01-28-2005, 10:48 PM
If he were a few years younger, yeah.

Taylor AND McM I'd think about

Don't tell that to the guys on FH.

They think Zach Thomas is worth a 1st rounder. :crazy:

The Natrix
01-28-2005, 11:28 PM
They think Zach Thomas is worth a 1st rounder. :crazy:

We don't need another backup linebacker.

Samphin1
01-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Next to the Raiders- i think the fins have the NFL's longest rap sheet

Nothing beats a DOUBLE MURDERER though. I guess Rae Carruth of the Panthers comes in a close second...

Jan Reimers
01-29-2005, 07:10 AM
I'm not sure Miami would even consider this deal, given TH's history of injuries over the past few years. Would they really give up a big time TE for an oft-injured 2nd string RB?

SABURZFAN
01-29-2005, 08:17 AM
now that you guys traded your barbs about rape and wife beatings,let me tell you the REAL reason this trade won't go down.

mcmichael -$455,000 + a bonus=approx. $550,000 cap hit

henry-$1.25 million + a bonus= approx. $1.35 million

so you ask,"what is $800,000?"

the answer-miami is looking to shave the payroll.once again,they're over the cap going into the 2005 season.

McBFLO
01-29-2005, 01:28 PM
No way do I think TH is replaceable by RM. First off, I think our TEs are more than capable unless their injuries are such a threat that we don't know if they'd be ready next year. I guess Donahoe and the doctors might know better about that. But even so, I don't think we end up with a better part of the deal! TEs produce occasional yardage and scores, while Henry did well behind a crappy line. When you have a LB of Zach Thomas' caliber saying he hates having to tackle TH, that says something about the caliber player that he is. And he plays whether he's hurt or not. He's got the heart of a warrior.

You have to take Henry's value into consideration though. There are going be a lot of available backs this offseason. If you compare what we would probably get for him draft pick wise to Randy McMichael is DEFINITLY the better option. That being said, I think Campbell and especially Euhus are fully capable of handling the position and giving us the production we'd be looking for out of them. Trade TH for a pick and an OL or something.

Marino13Phins
01-30-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure Miami would even consider this deal, given TH's history of injuries over the past few years. Would they really give up a big time TE for an oft-injured 2nd string RB?

That's exactly it that bring TH's value down so much.

justasportsfan
01-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Saban is a control freak and RM is a whiner. Not a good combo. If Saban feels that RM attitude isn't what he is looking for, he could use a rb.

jpdex12
01-30-2005, 10:06 AM
I just watched a DVD that came with a book I bought. The book is called FARVE. The DVD was like a documentary about Farve. I hope that JP has some of his qualities. Any thoughts?

SamAdamsFan
01-30-2005, 12:20 PM
I doubt Miami would make this deal, even though Henry proclaims he is a top 5 running back, it would be more beneficial to Buffalo. I do agree though that if we gave up a 4th or 5th round pick and Henry for Randy, that would definitely be worth it. I still don't know if this would be enough for Miami to give up Randy, but I would hope they would. I think we should trade Henry out of the division though, it wouldn't be good to play him twice a year for the next 5 years.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Why are we even talking about trading Henry for a TE we have two Campbell and Uhus that are coming off a pretty good yr.

The_Philster
01-31-2005, 03:08 AM
Why are we even talking about trading Henry for a TE we have two Campbell and Uhus that are coming off a pretty good yr.

Don't forget Neufeld

jmb1099
01-31-2005, 07:59 AM
Bingo! That's why it won't happen unless Buffalo throws soemthing else into the mix! We already gave you Sammy Morris...what more do you want??? LOL

justasportsfan
01-31-2005, 08:01 AM
Why even talk about a sb when we are not even contenders? I see nothing wrong w/ talking about a scenario whether possible or not.

jmb1099
01-31-2005, 08:02 AM

That being said, no way Miami trades him. This is fantasy at best. I still strongly think that Henry will NOT be a PHIN next year and, if by the off chance he does, it won't be with Randy going to Buffalo. So if no one can catch him, and no one can bring him down, how did you guys lose a single game??? Should have just put him in the backfield and handed him the ball.

mysticsoto
01-31-2005, 02:07 PM
So if no one can catch him, and no one can bring him down, how did you guys lose a single game??? Should have just put him in the backfield and handed him the ball.

Exactly. I think he's OK, but Jermaine Wiggins in Minn is just as good if not better. I'd rather him. But a straight up exchange RB for TE is never a good idea unless the RB isn't great and the TE is super fantastic (like Gonzalez). How many TEs do you see go in the draft in the 1st 3 rounds vs RBs??? RBs are a higher commodity than TEs. This isn't to downgrade TEs...they have their role on a team like anybody else. But having a good RB can change a team dramatically. Just look at what losing Ricky Williams did for the Dolphins!

Samphin1
01-31-2005, 03:55 PM
So if no one can catch him, and no one can bring him down, how did you guys lose a single game??? Should have just put him in the backfield and handed him the ball.

Probably should have. He would have done better than Minor, that is for sure. Besides, you know as well as I do that you cannot win when your coaching staff is inept. Terrible head coach, offensive coordinator and o-line coach. Randy had to stay in and block most of the time because the o-line couldn't. That took him out of the offense right there. Plus, when he was running routes, the QB was either getting killed, rushing his throws, or forcing it to one of the receivers. Watch Randy when he actually gets the ball. He steam rolls through people and has very good speed for a TE. I really think you are going to see him blow up next year with Linehan running the offense and hopefulyl Houck whipping these linemen into shape.

Samphin1
01-31-2005, 04:00 PM
now that you guys traded your barbs about rape and wife beatings,let me tell you the REAL reason this trade won't go down.

mcmichael -$455,000 + a bonus=approx. $550,000 cap hit

henry-$1.25 million + a bonus= approx. $1.35 million

so you ask,"what is $800,000?"

the answer-miami is looking to shave the payroll.once again,they're over the cap going into the 2005 season.

Exactly. :clap: Henry, once he is traded, is going to want a new contract anyway. There rteally is no benefit for trading for a backup ( face it, he was last year ) who is oft-injured, fumbles and demands to be traded. No sense in giving up players/picks and having to shell out a bunch of money when the free agent and rookie pool is so deep with younger, better, CHEAPER options.

Justa, you said Randy is a whiner and that Saban is a control freak. First off, Randy only complained this past year because no one was throwing hi the ball or even calling plays. When your team is as bad as we were last season and one fo your true only playmakers is relegated to an onlooker, you should speak up. Randy also has come out in support of his teammates. When Ricky retired, he said that that was fine, everyone believes Minor can do the job. Even though Minor didn't, at least Randy publicly supported him. Randy has also come out on gameday and pumped up the o-line, supporting them, helping them. He is more of a leader than a malcontent.

Besides, if what you say is true about Saban, why would he want to trade for a RB who is demanding a trade and is publicly bashing his current team? That doesn't seem like a "Saban" type to me.

Iehoshua
01-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Besides, if what you say is true about Saban, why would he want to trade for a RB who is demanding a trade and is publicly bashing his current team? That doesn't seem like a "Saban" type to me.
Not many coaches may want Henry after this season and offseason. His whiny attitude and being injury prone make him worth little more than a 3rd rounder at max, to those who want to chance it.

jmb1099
02-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Probably should have. He would have done better than Minor, that is for sure. Besides, you know as well as I do that you cannot win when your coaching staff is inept. Terrible head coach, offensive coordinator and o-line coach. Randy had to stay in and block most of the time because the o-line couldn't. That took him out of the offense right there. Plus, when he was running routes, the QB was either getting killed, rushing his throws, or forcing it to one of the receivers. Watch Randy when he actually gets the ball. He steam rolls through people and has very good speed for a TE. I really think you are going to see him blow up next year with Linehan running the offense and hopefulyl Houck whipping these linemen into shape. I'm not sure there is anyway to know his level of play given the conditions you just outlined...good or bad. At times he looks great, other times...not so much. I have yet to see him do anything super-human so I am sitting on the skeptical side of the fence. We however have a te that started playing some really good football toward the end of the season. If not for injury he might have put up some pretty decent numbers. So I don't think we need to be as concerned with this position as with a few others. You guys on the other hand need at least a semi decent running back in order to do anything this year. All team bashing aside (and its hard) Henry would be a major improvement over the backs you currently have. You wouldn't need to worry about his attitude, he feels he has something to prove and wants a forum to do so. Still I'm not sure you guys have anything we need and that is why this trade will not happen.

justasportsfan
02-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Justa, you said Randy is a whiner and that Saban is a control freak. First off, Randy only complained this past year because no one was throwing hi the ball or even calling plays. When your team is as bad as we were last season and one fo your true only playmakers is relegated to an onlooker, you should speak up. Randy also has come out in support of his teammates. When Ricky retired, he said that that was fine, everyone believes Minor can do the job. Even though Minor didn't, at least Randy publicly supported him. Randy has also come out on gameday and pumped up the o-line, supporting them, helping them. He is more of a leader than a malcontent.

Besides, if what you say is true about Saban, why would he want to trade for a RB who is demanding a trade and is publicly bashing his current team? That doesn't seem like a "Saban" type to me.I believe he's been asking for a new contract what would make him the highest aid TE in the league? It's a rumor so far.

We all now that Saban had full control of LSU and also has full control of the fins that he can fire Spielman right now if he wanted to. Don't you agree? You can't tell me that this wasn't a condition prior to him being hired by Wayne.

Samphin1
02-01-2005, 07:56 PM
I believe he's been asking for a new contract what would make him the highest aid TE in the league? It's a rumor so far.

We all now that Saban had full control of LSU and also has full control of the fins that he can fire Spielman right now if he wanted to. Don't you agree? You can't tell me that this wasn't a condition prior to him being hired by Wayne.

There is a difference between having control and being a control freak. I would agree that he has total control over day to day operations, players etc. But it doesn' mean he isn`'t pat to listen to player grievances and requests. Using your example though, if he didn't want Randy base don attitude, he wouldn't want Henry.

I have read about the rumor that Randy is supposedly looking to be the highest paid TE in the league. All I have to say is that I am looking to be the highest paid salesperson in my company. It doesn't mean it is going to happen. His demands will come down, or he will sit out. I still wouldn't trade him for a RB, unless it was say, L.T. We can pick one up via F.A. or draft. I would trade Randy for draft picks, or players at another need such as OL, before trading him inside the division for a position player we can easily fill easier.