PDA

View Full Version : Did the Bills announce a ticket increase today?

Novacane
01-28-2005, 05:52 PM
I got off the phone with a friend up there and he said he heard on WGR55 today that tickets went up $3-$5 a ticket. I did not see it on thier website. Anyone else hear this?

Thanks

The_Philster
01-28-2005, 06:27 PM
The Buffalo Bills are revamping season ticket prices for the 2005 season. Select season ticket sections will increase by $2 to $4 while individual game tickets are also going to be more expensive; fans can expect to pay $3 to $5 more for those. A new section of seats called "The Rockpile" will also be able available....more (http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=0666)

OpIv37
01-28-2005, 06:28 PM
The rockpile? wtf? Is that supposed to be like Cleveland's Dawg Pound?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-28-2005, 06:58 PM

The rockpile is where the BILLS & Bisons used to play it was really called War Memorial Stadium it was downtown it's long gone now!. The only thing that remains is were you used to enter the stadium. Have you seen the movie the Natural with Robert Redford well that's the rockpile. If anyone wants to add on to this they can :feedback:

Bill Brasky
01-28-2005, 06:58 PM

I'm curious as well... anybody else know anything about this?

I could care about the increase, it's very insignificant... I think the prices at the Ralph are reasonable. Try paying for tickets to a Jets or Giants game...

Bill Brasky
01-28-2005, 07:02 PM
The rockpile is where the BILLS & Bisons used to play it was really called War Memorial Stadium it was downtown it's long gone now!. The only thing that remains is were you used to enter the stadium. Have you seen the movie the Natural with Robert Redford well that's the rockpile. If anyone wants to add on to this they can :feedback:

We all know that... I think he was referring to the seating area they were discussing.

Section 130 Row 26
01-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Maybe it will be in the scoreboard endzone, and WILLIS can jump into the rockpile? ouuucchh! hahaha

JG

The_Philster
01-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Maybe it will be in the scoreboard endzone, and WILLIS can jump into the rockpile? ouuucchh! hahaha

JG

sounds possible...afterall, the tunnel end zone seems to be mostly season ticket holders...I don't think the scoreboard endzone can claim that

mybills
01-28-2005, 08:45 PM
If they want to go with JP over Drew, I'll pay more! :up: :mex:

TigerJ
01-28-2005, 09:15 PM
The rockpile? wtf? Is that supposed to be like Cleveland's Dawg Pound?These kids are so young! The Rockpile - home of Cookie Gilquist and Jack Kemp .

OpIv37
01-29-2005, 02:27 AM
These kids are so young! The Rockpile - home of Cookie Gilquist and Jack Kemp .

thanks for the update- now that you mention it, I do recall reading about that at one point. But their careers predate me by several years, and predate my interest in football by a decade or so.

Don't worry- 15 years from now, I'll be posting in some Bills MB explaining "Rich" Stadium, Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly to some young whippersnappers.

Jan Reimers
01-29-2005, 06:06 AM
These kids are so young! The Rockpile - home of Cookie Gilquist and Jack Kemp .
. . . and Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion, Billy Shaw, Tom Sestak, Tom Day, Mike Stratton, Wray Carlton and a bunch of other great Bills. Lets just hope this new Rockpile section is not as dirty and dungy as its namesake, however.That was one horrible stadium, but the memories are great.

tampabay25690
01-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Thats still a great deal to go to a Bills game. STill to this day I have been to many different stadiums and nothing beats going to a game in Buffalo.

Michael82
01-29-2005, 09:12 AM
thanks for the update- now that you mention it, I do recall reading about that at one point. But their careers predate me by several years, and predate my interest in football by a decade or so.

Don't worry- 15 years from now, I'll be posting in some Bills MB explaining "Rich" Stadium, Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly to some young whippersnappers.
Not just some MB, you'll be in the new and improved BillsZone.com. :D

Michael82
01-29-2005, 09:14 AM
The Rockpile section is a GREAT idea. It's going to be in the 200 level section of the jumbotron endzone. That end zone was all Steelers fans at the final game and is usually filled with the away team fans. Now they can hopefully make it a Bills fan end zone. :up:

The "Rock Pile" seats, which will cost $250, will include eight sections and more than 2,400 seats located in the 200 level of the scoreboard end zone. The $250 price represents a savings of $80 per seat from the 2004 season ticket price and a savings of $16 per game compared to the 2005 individual game ticket prices.

Historian
01-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Will it smell like stale Genny and old cigars?

Uncle Jesse
01-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Shouldnt we start winning before they start raising ticket prices?