X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Cold and Snow... what do you think?

During the 90's our homefield advantage started in November, when it got COLD up here. Kelly and the boys knew how to play in the cold, and the fish usually didn't.

Now, with Free Agency, and the young age of most of the players, does the cold really benefit our team more than others anymore?

In fact, I would actually say that it might benefit Miami a little, considering most of them have played up here in the cold before.

just a question.
  • BigDoug
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

I've been saying the same thing for months now...because we're basically a "new" team loaded with rookies, it'll be a few years before we can say that cold weather will be to our advantage...

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Isn't it sad when we hope for the weather to give our opponents a hard time instead of banking on our D to give them hell. I don't know if the weather will be a factor for us coz' I don't think our D can stop anyone. If Eddie Robinson slipped when Pennington faked him out, how the hell is he gonna stop anyone in the snow?

Wishing for snow simply put means "we can't stop anyone , I hope the weather makes our opponent self-destruct because our team has no say in the outcome." If it snows and the fins play bad , the win should go to mother nature.

GW are you listening? Pathetic.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

i wish it would dump 2 ft of snow during the game.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jack In Syracuse
          • Jul 2002

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

A good 18" of snow during the game would be awesome.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

The Bills have a lot of young players who haven't dealt with a lot of snow and extreme cold during games, but the will have the opportunity to practice all week with cold, snowy conditions. The weather Sunday has the potential to be really rotten. The snow is still not going to be a huge issue (chance of a snow shower) but It looks at this moment as if the temps will be in the mid 20s with very windy conditions. This is going to be a Ricky Williams Travis Henry duel. Do you suppose the Bills equipment man will volunteer information on cold weather gear to Miami's equipment man? Naw!
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jaded 7
                Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                • Jul 2002

Bite your tongues, all of you!!!! Gosh, I hope it doesn't snow on Sunday. I HATE the cold and I'm really not looking forward to freezing my butt off out there. Brrrrrrrrr, I'm cold just thinking about the Buffalo weather! I'm hoping for bright sun, no clouds and NO WIND and about 45 degrees.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                The only answer I found for all this hurt
                Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

I'm hoping for some cold weather....got a beautiful seatmate who I'd have to sit close to if it does get cold.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaded 7
                    Bite your tongues, all of you!!!! Gosh, I hope it doesn't snow on Sunday. I HATE the cold and I'm really not looking forward to freezing my butt off out there. Brrrrrrrrr, I'm cold just thinking about the Buffalo weather! I'm hoping for bright sun, no clouds and NO WIND and about 45 degrees.

what a wimp.

Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Come on....I hope that it snows hard and we have blizzard conditions at the game. 15 degrees is nice and then a nice gusty wind with lots of snow at a very steady pace.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Bring your warmest duds, Jaded. The wind chill is supposed to be in the range of 10 degrees. Dress in layers and bring an insulated seat pad. I'll be home in front of the TV.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Andrea1234
                          • Oct 2002

its going to be cold and windy for the fish haha they cant handle the cold wather :)

Comment

• missphin_2001
                            MissPhinfan
                            • Jul 2002

Forgive my ignorance, but don't the Bills pratice under a domed practice field?
                            Why do I post here?

Comment

• BigDoug
                              1-800-SAD-GOAT
                              • Jul 2002

Yeah, they do, but you can bet they are starting to practice outside for at least 50 % of their scrimmage/special team situations so they can get the rooks acclimatized to the adjustments in footing, kicking and catching the ball, etc.

It's amazing what subtle differences, like the choice of shoes can make to the outcome of a cold-weather game. Levy had a built-in advantage, as he had coached in the CFL prior to the domed-stadium era, so he knew all the tricks and traps of cold weather play.

Comment

Working...
                              X