PDA

View Full Version : Clements Trade? Just A Question

jamze132
01-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Before everyone gets offended at this thread, just think about it. Don't get me wrong, I love Clements but I think that he will be driven by money when his contract is up. He won't be happy with our offense, so he will walk. So why not trade him for a top 5 O lineman? Losing Clements wouldn't hurt us as bad as you might think. Vincent can go back to corner and we can use Greer at safety since he did a pretty damn good job for an undrafted rookie. Besides we would get someone on the O line who could anchor it down and make our offense that much better. It seems that Donahoe has a knack for finding DB's out there.

Crisis
01-29-2005, 10:55 AM
You cant just move people around in the secondary like that. It doesn't work. Just because someone looked good at corner as a rookie doesn't mean they'll be a good FS.

The Natrix
01-29-2005, 11:00 AM
He doesn't have a big cap hit this year so why would he be traded now? We are getting great CB play for not much $$$. Let him play out the season and go from there. As much as I like him, I agree that the defense can still be successful without him. We saw the Skins do it without Champ and NE with Law hurt. It's hard to argue whether Clements should get the big contract from the Bills or not. It will be one of those decisions that I will support whatever way the brass wants to go, although I would prefer him in a Bills uni. I won't get fired up if he is not re-signed though.

tampabay25690
01-29-2005, 11:10 AM
I dont see Nate leaving, he is turning into a pretty good corner and I wouldn't like to see our Defense changed at all. There solid!!!!!

jamze132
01-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Don't get offended people, it's just a discussion.

BillsRockSOMUCH
01-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Well if he wanted to walk I'd probably franchise tag him.

Dozerdog
01-29-2005, 03:23 PM
You're not going to get a top 5 lineman for Clements under any circumstances.

Then toss in the fact he's a FA after the year is out. No one is going to give up that much- top 5 OL men are much harder to find than a guy like Clements. It's not like the entire league has 31 Rick Spielmans as GM.