PDA

View Full Version : VCOACH REPORTS: Rusty Jones is leaving....

Michael82
01-31-2005, 01:11 PM
V-COACH BILLS BULLETIN:

Director of Physical Development/Assistant to the Head Coach Rusty Jones has informed Coach Mike Mularkey that he will be leaving the Bills. :(

Michael82
01-31-2005, 01:13 PM
I wonder why this is. He's not the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator anymore. He was upgraded to a higher position last season. Hmmm, maybe Brad Roll was doing more than Rusty and he missed it.

Ebenezer
01-31-2005, 01:15 PM
I wonder why this is. He's not the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator anymore. He was upgraded to a higher position last season. Hmmm, maybe Brad Roll was doing more than Rusty and he missed it.
maybe the guy has had enough of trying to get Mike Williams to look like a football player...

maybe he is a hold over from a previous time and they slowly nudged him out...

Mr. Miyagi
01-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Isn't Rusty a coach's assistant? Maybe he's sick of fending off Mularkey's crazy obsessed fans, like mybills.

Michael82
01-31-2005, 01:21 PM
maybe the guy has had enough of trying to get Mike Williams to look like a football player...

maybe he is a hold over from a previous time and they slowly nudged him out...
That's my thought. The 2nd one. I think Rusty felt slighted when Brad Roll was brought in and now he's leaving. I'll miss him. Hopefully, Roll can keep up the great conditioning that Rusty always did.

Here's the link...
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3094

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Who cares?

LtBillsFan66
01-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Who cares?
He's well known as a a top-notch trainer.

lordofgun
01-31-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm kinda glad. He was getting annoying.

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2005, 01:52 PM
I agree.

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2005, 01:52 PM
He really was starting to irk me!

helmetguy
01-31-2005, 02:09 PM
WE should have seen this coming. When's the last time Sharon sang the National Anthem before a big game?

justasportsfan
01-31-2005, 02:15 PM
V-COACH BILLS BULLETIN:

Tom Donahoe has stated that Rusty Jones' replacement is now Richard Simmons

http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2004/03/25/inside-simmons.jpg

alohabillsfan
01-31-2005, 02:19 PM
I think he got canned for not wearing a headset on the sideline!

alohabillsfan
01-31-2005, 02:20 PM
wait, maybe he got let go for using the west coast offense with an inaccurate QB, no that was who was that again?

Novacane
01-31-2005, 02:22 PM
:tired:

jamze132
01-31-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm shocked at the amount of posts in this thread, who cares about a conditioning coach leaving. It's not like it was "The Governator" showing our guys how to lift a couple pieces of iron.

But since I have contributed to this thread, I will make a recomendation for the new coach. Let's get Tony Little and bring in the Gazelle.

trapezeus
01-31-2005, 03:46 PM
i think its a big story because the Bills, on average, have not had a lot of serious injuries compared to other teams. Rusty Jones, rightfully or wrongfully, has been credited for that stat. I hope we continue to have the good luck of not having serious injuries with key players.

jamze132
01-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Well I still think that Tony Little is the reason why we haven't won a superbowl yet. We haven't had the Gazelle! And when Donahoe hires Little and the Gazelle, he will then hire Tony Robbins to fix our teams heads so we don't lose another superbowl.

Gazelle / Robbins in 05'!

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm shocked at the amount of posts in this thread, who cares about a conditioning coach leaving. It's not like it was "The Governator" showing our guys how to lift a couple pieces of iron.

But since I have contributed to this thread, I will make a recomendation for the new coach. Let's get Tony Little and bring in the Gazelle.

I hear you. Mike is freaking out like he just broke up with a girlfriend or something.

TigerJ
01-31-2005, 04:41 PM
I think it does matter to an extent who your strength and conditioning guy is. Jones was always reputed to be on the cutting edge of the science of sports conditioning. I don't know that much about the new guy, Roll. I just hope he's as good.

Marvelous
01-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Is that you in that pic with Randy?

G. Host
01-31-2005, 05:09 PM
I think the promotion was a "thank you" to Rusty. He informed the Bills he wanted to do something else and they enhanced his resume and gave him a chance to train his replacement.

The_Philster
01-31-2005, 06:04 PM
WE should have seen this coming. When's the last time Sharon sang the National Anthem before a big game?

It's been a few years :sadwalk:

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Who the hell is Sharon?

The_Philster
01-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Who the hell is Sharon?

Rusty's wife...a good luck charm when singing the anthem...I believe we've only lost one game in all the times she sang it

helmetguy
01-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Rusty's wife...a good luck charm when singing the anthem...I believe we've only lost one game in all the times she sang it
I think it was the Jags playoff game when Kelly got his bell rung and Hollis skepped one of the upright to beat us in our only home playoff loss.

Dozerdog
01-31-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't recall very many games missed to pulled hammys in practice,groin pulls, muscle tears (Brandon Spoon in 2002), or other injuries due to guys being out of shape.

Keeping your big guns on the field have been Rusty Jones's hallmark. The few big injuries we have had have been due to player on player contact.

juice
01-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Who cares?This is Huge.. 20 yrs WoW.

This is a bad sign.. What's the deal with Jones, '05 team may be the most skilled group of players the Bills and Jones have ever fielded. They definately have the most health issues to deal with with star players. this guys was head over S/C, as well as Players rehab. which could be huge with

M. Williams ---weight issues
W. MaGahee --- Knee
JP Loseman --- leg issues/Strength
T. Vincint --- Knee/Age
L. Milloy--- Major Injury/Age
E. Moulds ---Strains/Age

Many seem to be forgetting that M. Williams was being talked about as one of the Biggest Line busts this Decade before the Season.. R. Jones had to log some hours getting Williams down from 400 lbs.

Seems like Jones is stepping away at a strange time.. I wonder what is on his Agenda? If he could keep this MASH unit on the field and healthy, with a run deep into the PlayOffs, he would be considered the best in the business.

Losing a Trainer/Asst.Coach with 20 years history in the organization is the type thing that could cost the team 2 games in the regular Season and an early Exit from the Playoffs.

Historian
02-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Who cares?

A future Hall of Fame Defensive End, for one. Rusty kept the fatsos in line. He turned Bruce Smith into the wrecking machine that he was. That did not come easy. Smith was 305 when he came here, and bragged that he could eat four Whoppers in one setting. Rusty chiseled him into a svelt 273 pound pass rusher, and probably added 10 years onto his career in the process.

The leaner guys look like bodybuilders from him, without sacraficing speed.

I for one, will miss him.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2005, 10:18 AM
I am glad he is gone.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2005, 10:18 AM
His name is just annoying. Rusty jones?? Sounds like a cartoon.

Michael82
02-01-2005, 10:51 AM
A future Hall of Fame Defensive End, for one. Rusty kept the fatsos in line. He turned Bruce Smith into the wrecking machine that he was. That did not come easy. Smith was 305 when he came here, and bragged that he could eat four Whoppers in one setting. Rusty chiseled him into a svelt 273 pound pass rusher, and probably added 10 years onto his career in the process.

The leaner guys look like bodybuilders from him, without sacraficing speed.

I for one, will miss him.
Good post, I couldn't agree more. I imagine he was a big part of how Mike Williams got from being 400 lbs to being a damn good player. He also helped Sam Adams out too. :up:

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2005, 10:52 AM
They can't find another trainer????

juice
02-01-2005, 10:57 AM
They can't find another trainer????They already have one but not with 20 years invested in the club and with the proven results.. Look at the conditioning of players like Spikes and Henry and the steady progression Willis made throughout the season.. Good Strength and conditioning are a big part of avoiding injuries and strains.