PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Denney- The New Phil Hansen

Quizlet2002
08-01-2002, 06:35 PM
I have posted this on many boards, with all people enjoying its insight and providing there own information, statistics and opinions. Let me know what you think!?

What could you not like about an 6'7, 276 pound defensive end on the field? A question that goes un-answered. For their is no answer. Ryan Denney, will prove to be a wise pick by the Buffalo Bills come this season. He is already showing the skills of a NFL veteran.

The 25 year old, DE shows his abilities in many fashions, including Size and Style. Due to the familiarity of Phil Hansen he will sometimes leave you wondering, if Phil has not come back. Drafted in the 2nd round, you must think the coordinators have confidence, that they like his style and what he did in College. But can he stand up to the NFL?

His objective is to "help return the Bills to NFL glory in the new era." He knows his plays, and knows where and when to stand. When a fellow teammate slacks, he picks it up. With a quick burst of the snap, and 16 impressive QB sacks in college, Denney shows he can fill in holes that left the Buffalo Bills feeling empty the last few years. Are you starting to see a reputation in the moral of this guy?

So far Denney is has received many recommendations and awards including, All-American second-team selection by The NFL Draft Report, earning fourth-team honors from The Sporting News and also eared BYU Defensive Lineman of the Game honors as he registered 4 tackles with 3 stops behind the line of scrimmage and a pass deflection. This man will prove to be something special!

:clap:

A1
08-01-2002, 07:40 PM
WOW that was insitefull

Quizlet2002
08-01-2002, 07:43 PM
...thankyou :punk:

JefftheBillsfan
08-01-2002, 07:44 PM
uhhh...what's so special about being the BYU player of the game? And I love his potential, but I believe it has been reported that he hasn't played well so far at least.

JefftheBillsfan
08-01-2002, 07:45 PM
and that was very insightful...good read Quiz

LouGrant
08-01-2002, 08:43 PM
Not a bad piece! We put it up on the front page.... top billing as an article..

TigerJ
08-01-2002, 09:12 PM
I agree that Denney has a lot of potential to be a solid Bills D-lineman. At this point though WGR people are saying he looks very, very, raw. Unless WGR is blowing smoke and he's really the star of training camp, or he has a very steep learning curve, he's not going to be a huge factor this year.

John Doe
08-01-2002, 09:29 PM
I am not thrilled that he took a couple years off from football for his mission - a great thing to do as a person, but not good for the football career. He is 25 - an age that the typical player would be hitting his prime. There should still be an mental upside, but physically he is probably as good as he will get right now unless he has really never conditioned himself in the past. Perhaps his life experience and maturity will help him in the long run. When you are a 25-year old rookie you should be ready to produce. I hope that is the case.

Quizlet2002
08-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Well, Jeff I see your point on the articles of him not doing so well. I read these as personal opinions on the player. You can either go into the article feeling positive or negative towards the player. For the reader will feel the way you do by the end of the article.

Quizlet2002
08-01-2002, 09:56 PM
...Tiger. WGR? LOL- Are you saying the same WGR that said Flutie was ABSOLUTELY the QB to stay...lol. They blow so much smoke up there you know whats in unbelieveable.

LtBillsFan66
08-01-2002, 09:58 PM
This man will prove to be something special!

I hope so quiz! Nice article, btw.

John from Hemet
08-02-2002, 10:09 AM
He does remind me of Phil Hanson in a lot of ways....

but one of the negative's he gives that is similar to Hanson is he needs a year of NFL trainer help to get his body up to physical standards...you would think that a 270 pounder should be plenty big right....wrong Denny is TALL....he needs to add about anohter 10 pounds of muscule and needs to anchor better against the run.....

I do agree though....that he could be a great one for us...

Quizlet2002
08-02-2002, 10:31 AM
Look at tall old Jay Remiersma--- that guy could use about 30 more pounds of muscle if you ask me, and I think he is a great TE. He had a bad season, but other than that he makes catches I dont think are possible.