PDA

View Full Version : Possible Henry Destination?

jamze132
01-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Rumor has it from the Miami Herald that Edgerin James wants to bolt Indianapolis for Miami. Foxsports.com (http://foxsports.com) We have heard this before though. Would Indy be interested in Henry and what kind of compensation should we get in return? They do pick pretty low in the draft since they are so freakin' good!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-31-2005, 04:07 PM
I don't think Henry fits Indy's RB profile...he is not a polished enough receiver.

Additionally, I see them resigning Rhodes....whom is as good or better than Henry...

Mungro will also probably be back in Indy as Rhodes back up.

I think Indy wants to keep the offense as intact as possible....and they will be shopping for Defense!

OpIv37
01-31-2005, 05:05 PM
I'd rather see Henry in Miami than have to face Edge twice a year (again).

Novacane
01-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Edge is not going anywhere

OpIv37
01-31-2005, 05:28 PM
Edge is not going anywhere
but after the contracts they gave Manning and Harrison, how the hell can they afford to pay him?

Give it a few years til these bonuses amortize- Indy's going to salary cap jail.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-31-2005, 08:44 PM
I posted something very simular to this it was called Trade Henry for Vanderjagt?. I said that we should trade Henry to Indy because if they lose Edge the're going to need a RB and we would get a good K and then we can get rid of Lindell but all of you shot me down. I don't want Vanderjagt but I think we could get a good a good draft pick from Indy.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-31-2005, 10:43 PM
The Colts could always keep the Edge and trade Rhodes for a pick or defensive player..

Hemlepp53
02-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Give it a few years til these bonuses amortize- Indy's going to salary cap jail.

I Agree, but the question is will Payton and the Colts find themselves on the Road to Glory/Super Bowl with a win or will they continue to fall short each post season. I personally like Payton the kids good.. but can they as a team do it... even with all the big spending

:question:

Stewie
02-01-2005, 07:43 AM
I don't think Henry fits Indy's RB profile...he is not a polished enough receiver.

Additionally, I see them resigning Rhodes....whom is as good or better than Henry...

Mungro will also probably be back in Indy as Rhodes back up.

I think Indy wants to keep the offense as intact as possible....and they will be shopping for Defense!

Henry is just fine as a receiver, and there is no way, no how that Rhodes is as good a back as Travis.

Earthquake Enyart
02-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Colts just got a new stadium deal so money is no longer a problem.

If they can't reach an agreement with Edge, they will franchise him.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Henry is just fine as a receiver, and there is no way, no how that Rhodes is as good a back as Travis.

Ok...here's the stats....for Rhodes
Career RUSHING:

4yrs---4.7 per carry
In 2001 when he got 10 starts (only year he has started), gained 1104 yds rushing, with 9 TDs
**career fumbles: 8
Career RECEIVING:

4 yrs--7.4 yards per catch--
in 2001 as 10 game starter, logged 224 receiving yards, no TDs

HENRY's stats--

Career Rushing:
4 yrs--4.0 per carry
In his 1st year as starter (2001 he made 12 starts), he gained 729 yds with 4 tds.
In his best year (2002) in 16 starts he gained 1438 yds with 13 tds.

*career fumbles: 23

Career Receiving:
4yrs--6.7 ypc
in his best receiving year (2002) as 16 game starter, logged 309 YDS with 1 TD.

I fail to see how Henry is much better than Rhodes, even though I love Travis and don't really care for Rhodes.
Rhodes has also been a kick returner with two returns for TDs...
If I were in the market for a running back, give me Rhodes.

ryjam282
02-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Edge isn'y going anywhere. There is no way Indy lets him walk without the franchise tag. Although Rhodes is a very good RB and so is Mungro for that matter, there is no way the Colts break up the big 3 just yet.

The contracts for Payton and Harrison are very cap friendly for the first few years, but they will feel it in the future very heavily.

OpIv37
02-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I Agree, but the question is will Payton and the Colts find themselves on the Road to Glory/Super Bowl with a win or will they continue to fall short each post season. I personally like Payton the kids good.. but can they as a team do it... even with all the big spending

:question:

I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts win it with Peyton, as long as they don't have to beat the Bills to do it. They are betting the farm on Harrison and Manning, though, and trying to buy a championship- it will cost them down the road (but, unlike the Redskins, at least they have SOME success to show for it).

Colts just got a new stadium deal so money is no longer a problem.

If they can't reach an agreement with Edge, they will franchise him.

it's not about the cash itself- it's about the salary cap.