PDA

View Full Version : ROCKPILE seats!

im4bflo
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
All I've read is that the cheapest Rockpile seats are $250, they must be really close to the action!

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2005, 06:41 PM
HUH?

The_Philster
01-31-2005, 06:43 PM
The team announced the creation of the "Rock Pile" section where season tickets will cost $250, or an average of $25 per game (including preseason). The section will encompass 2,400 seats located in the 200 level of the scoreboard end zone.

Purchased on an individual-game basis, those seats will cost $41.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050130/SPORTS03/501300363/1007/SPORTS

It's on our front page also at www.billszone.com :;

The Natrix
01-31-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm considering it because I would rather be with a rowdier crowd. I sat by some real lamos this season.

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Where at Natrix? Sit in our Section we certaintly aren't Lame. And are definitly rowdy.

The Natrix
01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Where at Natrix? Sit in our Section we certaintly aren't Lame. And are definitly rowdy.

All over. I didn't have seasons. I'm definitely getting them this year. I'm not going to pay $100 for a ticket like I did at the Steelers game.

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2005, 07:04 PM
122 by the tunnel.

helmetguy
01-31-2005, 07:24 PM
We've got a great section. Most of us have been there for years. I always considered the scoreboard end of the field the General Admission section...for the one timers.

Dozerdog
01-31-2005, 07:51 PM
They are the worst seats in the house, directly under the scoreboard in the endzone. Pretty far from the field, and you need to look behind you for replays.

But for $25 a pop, they are the best bargain in the NFL

SABURZFAN
01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Sit in our Section we certaintly aren't Lame.

don't you sit with Philster? :snicker:

Jeff1220
01-31-2005, 08:35 PM
They are the worst seats in the house, directly under the scoreboard in the endzone. Pretty far from the field, and you need to look behind you for replays.

I had seasons in that section for about 5 years in the 90s. It was wild - certainly not a section I would want my kids sitting in, but a lot of fun none the less.
We were sitting in that section when my wife decided that she had attended her last Bills game - she couldn't stand the sight of all the drunks. The incident that helped her decide went like this: We were sitting right by the stairs that go down to the tunnel. A drunk guy got to the top of the stairs on his way back from a beer run, a beer in each hand. As he reached the top, he began to wobble as his legs began to look like they were turning to jell-o beneath him. He fell back, head over heals, tumbling hard down the concrete steps. When he hit the bottom, I was sure that he had to be close to death. But to everyone's surprise, his alcohol-induced testosterone must've masked him oblivious to the pain. He quickly sprang up, dripping with beer and an empty plastic beer cup in each hand, and yelled, "Heyyyyy!" glad that he never dropped the cups.
As everyone sighed with the relief that he wasn't dead (but would surely feel it the next day), the guy in the seat in front of us turned around and, in the most intoxicated slurring said, "Ifth he wath a real alcohollic, he wouldn't've thpillt a jrop."
My wife hasn't been back since.

The Natrix
01-31-2005, 08:40 PM
We were sitting right by the stairs that go down to the tunnel. A drunk guy got to the top of the stairs on his way back from a beer run, a beer in each hand. As he reached the top, he began to wobble as his legs began to look like they were turning to jell-o beneath him. He fell back, head over heals, tumbling hard down the concrete steps. When he hit the bottom, I was sure that he had to be close to death. But to everyone's surprise, his alcohol-induced testosterone must've masked him oblivious to the pain. He quickly sprang up, dripping with beer and an empty plastic beer cup in each hand, and yelled, "Heyyyyy!" glad that he never dropped the cups.
As everyone sighed with the relief that he wasn't dead (but would surely feel it the next day), the guy in the seat in front of us turned around and, in the most intoxicated slurring said, "Ifth he wath a real alcohollic, he wouldn't've thpillt a jrop."

:rofl: awesome

Dozerdog
01-31-2005, 08:44 PM
I had seasons in that section for about 5 years in the 90s. It was wild - certainly not a section I would want my kids sitting in, but a lot of fun none the less.
We were sitting in that section when my wife decided that she had attended her last Bills game - she couldn't stand the sight of all the drunks. The incident that helped her decide went like this: We were sitting right by the stairs that go down to the tunnel. A drunk guy got to the top of the stairs on his way back from a beer run, a beer in each hand. As he reached the top, he began to wobble as his legs began to look like they were turning to jell-o beneath him. He fell back, head over heals, tumbling hard down the concrete steps. When he hit the bottom, I was sure that he had to be close to death. But to everyone's surprise, his alcohol-induced testosterone must've masked him oblivious to the pain. He quickly sprang up, dripping with beer and an empty plastic beer cup in each hand, and yelled, "Heyyyyy!" glad that he never dropped the cups.
My wife hasn't been back since.
I moved to a section where the drunks are just funny, not obnoxious

Typ0
02-01-2005, 01:57 AM

sitting in the obnoxious sections can be a bummer.

The_Philster
02-01-2005, 04:59 AM
don't you sit with Philster? :snicker:
and he is blessed to do so :mad:

sitting in the obnoxious sections can be a bummer.

so can sitting near Thurm...you gotta bring a raincoat

Earthquake Enyart
02-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Except one. :fat:

Historian
02-01-2005, 07:13 AM

Makes sense. If anyone ever watched a game at War Memorial, the field was about a mile away...that is, if you didn't have a big green iron support beam in your way.

Earthquake Enyart
02-01-2005, 08:20 AM
I wonder if the seats will be broken and smell like vomit and stale beer like the old place?

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-01-2005, 09:12 AM
122 by the tunnel.

Damn, I sat in section 123 a few times this year. I sat in the section right next to the dude that always wears the Mike Foligno jersey.

Michael82
02-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Damn, I sat in section 123 a few times this year. I sat in the section right next to the dude that always wears the Mike Foligno jersey.
I'm in section 123, row 4 with Sabre Ally. You should have stopped by. :mad:

Michael82
02-01-2005, 10:36 AM

The best part about this deal is that it means the Bills are trying to bring the home field advantage BACK to Ralph Wilson stadium. I hope we never see the stadium look like the Patriots home or the Steelers home with the terrible towels waving ever again. This is a smart move by Donahoe. :up:

DraftBoy
02-01-2005, 10:46 AM

Not true Falcons season tickets are 100.00 granted they are a good distance from the field but I believe they are the cheapest in the NFL.

G. Host
02-01-2005, 11:10 AM
The best part about this deal is that it means the Bills are trying to bring the home field advantage BACK to Ralph Wilson stadium. I hope we never see the stadium look like the Patriots home or the Steelers home with the terrible towels waving ever again. This is a smart move by Donahoe. :up:

What is to prevent the scalpers, the same scalpers who boughy season tickets and then sold them to Patriots and Steeler fans, from buying the cheaper tickets and selling them making more money?

im4bflo
02-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Makes sense. If anyone ever watched a game at War Memorial, the field was about a mile away...that is, if you didn't have a big green iron support beam in your way.
I was at the very last game, and the chant of "GOODBYE ROCKPILE, goodbye rockpile, GOODBYE ROCKPILE, We're glad to see you go!" is still vivid in my memory, as everyone ripped the chunk of there seat off with the # on it, to take home for a souvenir. And somehow, mine disappeared, man, I'd like that back! :pray:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Go here http://admin.buffalobills.com/facility/view_from_seat.jsp?section=200 "Rock Pile" The section will encompass 2,400 seats located in the 200 level of the scoreboard end zone.

Michael82
02-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Go here http://admin.buffalobills.com/facility/view_from_seat.jsp?section=200 "Rock Pile" The section will encompass 2,400 seats located in the 200 level of the scoreboard end zone.
No bad. Especially for the price. The only thing that sucks is that the jumbotron is directly behind you.

ricogarion
02-02-2005, 12:56 PM
To Jeff1220 thank you I spit my oatmeal all over my monitor,LOL!!!! You my friend made my day that is a site I've seen a few times over the course of my Rich Stadium and The Ralph memories!!! Lol!!! I'm still sputtering,wheezin and chokin that was funny!

Jeff1220
02-02-2005, 01:28 PM
To Jeff1220 thank you I spit my oatmeal all over my monitor,LOL!!!! You my friend made my day that is a site I've seen a few times over the course of my Rich Stadium and The Ralph memories!!! Lol!!! I'm still sputtering,wheezin and chokin that was funny!

I'm glad I could be of service.

rico -> :spit:

:bravo: