X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drhockey
    • Sep 2003

Rockpile Seats and Next Year's Throwback Uni's

I know this is probably a "duh" post, but don't you guys think that now having a "Rockpile" section of seats means that next year they will unvail the throwback uni's from the mid-60's?

I know that having great uni's doesn't exactly translate into stellar play on the field, but i for one would be thrilled to see the true throwback uni's next year. I'm so sick and tired of these new-fangled uniform designs that try to be way too creative and busy.

Personally, i feel some of the best uniforms in the NFL today are the old school uni's that either haven't changed (i.e., Bears, Pack, 'Boys, etc.) or have made a comeback on some level (i.e., NYJ, NYG). I love seeing the Thanksgiving match-ups now just to see the old-time uniforms back on TV.

Anyway, i just think that the new "Rockpile" section signifies the comeback of the AFL uni's for next year (not the 1994 fake version).

hallelujah
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by drhockey
    I know this is probably a "duh" post, but don't you guys think that now having a "Rockpile" section of seats means that next year they will unvail the throwback uni's from the mid-60's?

I know that having great uni's doesn't exactly translate into stellar play on the field, but i for one would be thrilled to see the true throwback uni's next year. I'm so sick and tired of these new-fangled uniform designs that try to be way too creative and busy.

Personally, i feel some of the best uniforms in the NFL today are the old school uni's that either haven't changed (i.e., Bears, Pack, 'Boys, etc.) or have made a comeback on some level (i.e., NYJ, NYG). I love seeing the Thanksgiving match-ups now just to see the old-time uniforms back on TV.

Anyway, i just think that the new "Rockpile" section signifies the comeback of the AFL uni's for next year (not the 1994 fake version).

hallelujah
    Maybe for one game.

Byrd.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I want to see the Super Bowl team uniforms this season for 1 game. The throwbacks were nice and all, but I loved the unis when Kelly, Thomas, Smith, and Reed wore them.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by drhockey
        (i.e., Bears, Pack, 'Boys, etc.)
        You like the bears unis??
        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

I agree with Mikey, but the old ones from the 60's and 70's are cool too. I like the helmets they wear now, but the old helmets from the 60's are kickass as well.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
            You like the bears unis??
            Da Bears.

Their unis are classics.

Comment

Working...
            X