PDA

View Full Version : Insight from yahoo on henry and bledsoe

B-DON
01-31-2005, 09:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-postsuperbowlplans013005&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

There are plenty of polarized opinions floating out there about some of the big names on the trading block this offseason, but few are drawing more conflicting vantage points than Buffalo Bills running back Travis Henry and Washington Redskins wide receiver Rod Gardner.
Henry, who lost his job last season to Willis McGahee, is seen in some camps as a quality second-tier back – someone who can get a team 1500 total yards as an every-down guy. In others, he's seen as a poor man's Ahman Green, a player who offers slightly less spectacular production than the Packers running back and comes with the same fumbling issues prior to 2004.

"[Fumbling is] the overwhelming first concern," an NFC executive said of Henry. "People have done their homework on him. The asking price [of a second-round draft pick] is too high. I'd be surprised if they get higher than a [third-rounder]."

As for Gardner, who also is whispered to come with a second-round price tag, the knock is said to be focus. That criticism may overwhelm the belief that he still has room to reach his potential.

"They won't get a [second-rounder] for him, either, if that's really what they are asking for," the executive said. "His numbers aren't great, and he doesn't play big with his body. He'll never be a No. 1 [receiver]. If you're going to take on somebody with those [focus] problems, it has to be for a guy like [Pittsburgh's Plaxico] Burress."

also

Don't be shocked if the Buffalo Bills cut quarterback Drew Bledsoe this offseason. The Bills could save a little more than $2 million off next season's cap if they release Bledsoe, who likely would have to sit behind J.P. Losman next season. Losman wasn't able to work himself into the team's equation after breaking his leg during the season.

i know most of this is old but im pissed about only a third for henry even though thats what i expected. hopefully tom pulls something out his ass. :pray:

B-DON
01-31-2005, 09:13 PM
can the mods please erase or merge one of these please. my bad

juice
01-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Henry gets hurt too much trying to bowl over people, and thats when the Dropsies get really bad.. his injury this year really hurt his trade value. Games missed and a lack of touches/output when he was healthy.

Not using Henry when he Was available was a waste, along with no output he wasn't able to show that he could catch the Ball nor hold onto it.

carybillsfan
02-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Henry is no better than Olandis Gary was when we traded him a few years ago, he might get a few more yards per game but the chances of him playing all 16 games, silm. And the chances of him not putting the ball on the carpet twice a game even slimmer. What did we get for Gary? A fourth rounder I think, if anyone were to offer us an early 3rd for Henry and TD didn't jump at the chance, he'd be crazy. After henry leaves the bills he'll continue to be as unknown as he is now.

ryjam282
02-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Unknown? How do you figure? He had over 1300 yards in 2 years as a starter. Sure, he struggled this year but he also had a short leash cause of McGahee. He is far from unknnown and I know he is no Superstud but give the guy his due. He is a good NFL RB.