5 QB ORLOVSKY UCONN
    6 OLB POLLARD OREGON STATE
    7 OLT DAVIS WISCONSIN

IF WE GET A 2ND OR 3RD ROUNDER FOR HENRY

2/3 TE EVERITT MIAMI
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

A 3rd WR is a need but fairly low priority- Reed and Aiken are nothing spectacular but they can hold their own. No way we use our 1st pick on a WR. TE wouldn't be bad but the key is the O-line. We really need to find some talent at that position.

Also, I highly doubt we draft a QB unless there's someone spectacular left on the board or it's a real late round. Another rookie won't solve our QB woes.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

I like it Aloha...

OL and TE are definitely needs that are very high priorities. Third WR is a HUGE priority also! It doesn't mean we have to go out and get a top tier guy, but we need someone else who can be a threat. Josh Reed and Aiken can hold their own? Hold their own what?

Jon

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
        • Mar 2004

i think are most important need to our team would be a kicker. Kickers can be great offensive weapons. Think about how many times we were in feild goal range last year and punted because lindell sucks. Mike Nugent is a priority of this team and hopefully we can get him because hes really good.
        Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
          I like it Aloha...

OL and TE are definitely needs that are very high priorities. Third WR is a HUGE priority also! It doesn't mean we have to go out and get a top tier guy, but we need someone else who can be a threat. Josh Reed and Aiken can hold their own? Hold their own what?

Jon

Here's a question for all the people who think 3rd WR is a huge need. Do we even have a good evaluation of our 3rd WR's? Everyone's been so critical of Bledsoe and how he locks onto WR's- he's going to lock onto Moulds or Evans, not Reed or Aiken. So something's gotta give here- either Bledsoe can't get these guys the ball so we don't have a good evaluation on them, or Bledsoe's being dumped on unfairly.

I don't know what the answer is- I'm just sayng it's tough to evaluate WR's if the QB is playing poorly, and tough to evaluate the QB if the receivers aren't doing their jobs. So which is it?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Here's a question for all the people who think 3rd WR is a huge need. Do we even have a good evaluation of our 3rd WR's? Everyone's been so critical of Bledsoe and how he locks onto WR's- he's going to lock onto Moulds or Evans, not Reed or Aiken. So something's gotta give here- either Bledsoe can't get these guys the ball so we don't have a good evaluation on them, or Bledsoe's being dumped on unfairly.

I don't know what the answer is- I'm just sayng it's tough to evaluate WR's if the QB is playing poorly, and tough to evaluate the QB if the receivers aren't doing their jobs. So which is it?
            I agree Let's see what Reed can do w/ another qb throwing to him.

If Reed is indeed the problem, then I'm sure our coaches would easily let him go instead of Drew.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• alohabillsfan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I agree Let's see what Reed can do w/ another qb throwing to him.

If Reed is indeed the problem, then I'm sure our coaches would easily let him go instead of Drew.

I don't care if peyton manning is throwing reed the ball, he is not a game breaker, does not have the speed to get open otherwise the cement footed one would have thrown him the ball aka evans!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                I don't care if peyton manning is throwing reed the ball, he is not a game breaker, does not have the speed to get open otherwise the cement footed one would have thrown him the ball aka evans!
                who said he was a gamebreaker? We are talking about a 3rd wr. Notice how Reed wasn't a problem in his rookie year? All of a sudden he and Moulds have the droppsies? Some people here including myself gave Drew 3 years and some are even willing to give him more. Why not Reed?
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

I'm going to agree and say that neither Reed nor Aiken (sadly) appear to be a good fit for 3rd WR. Reed had potential, but moving him to 2nd for some reason screwed him up. And Aiken...again, alot of potential that never materialized. They are not horrible, but it would be nice to have someone that is just as much a threat as Evans or Moulds. That means less linebackers can cheat if they have to cover the middle against a 3rd fast (or tall) WR.

I've changed my view of what we might take in recent days. Of course, every week I'll probably change my views. :) After doing more research on the lower draft picks, I've change mine to the following:

2nd - OT Khalif Barnes for our 2nd rd draft pick (I kind of wanted C Chris Spencer, but Jason Brown might be a just as good a prospect in the long run).

3rd - WR Vincent Jackson (I really like what he might bring to our team). Him along with a developed Jason Peters will be a hard matchup for virtually any team!!!

4th - C Jason Brown (probably couldn't start this year, but he might be worth the wait)

5th - OG Adam Snyder (Good prospect with OT experience also)

6th - MLB Marcus Lawrence - a possible eventual replacement for Fletcher in years to come. And he can learn from him in the mean time.

7th - TE Andrew Clarke - nothing special but could provide some security
                  (or) CB Jimmy Williams - If MM/TD are confident that our TEs will recover, I'd go with Williams instead

I'd sign an undrafted kicker to give Rian some competition. I'd also put him on notice that he's got to pick his game up or next year he might not be here. I know he's been...at best, average so far, but I'd give him 1 more year.

Comment

• B-DON
                    hi
                    • Mar 2004

jackson has all the natural tools huge size( i think 6'5''), speed, but espn said he looked a little bad in the senior bowl game and slipped a bit.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

That's what I've been saying, Bledsoe just doesn't throw it to them. Is it actually possible Reed and Aiken couldn't get ever open against one one nickle and dime back coverage? DB locks on like a missile sometimes..
                      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by B-DON
                        jackson has all the natural tools huge size( i think 6'5''), speed, but espn said he looked a little bad in the senior bowl game and slipped a bit.
                        I like what I'm hearing about this guy, if he's the best player available 3rd round, i wouldn't mind picking him.
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• B-DON
                          hi
                          • Mar 2004

he dropped 4 balls in 1 practice leading up to the senior bowl and also had a subpar game. they said he looked good every other day so maybe he was nervous playing with the big boys. He's from northern colorado, i would take him with a third if we get an extra second or third for henry, otherwise only o=lineman or nugent for me , also khalif barnes had a huge week and likely wont be there for us in the second for those of you wanting him.

Comment

• The Natrix
                            • Jul 2002

You can never have enough good wide receivers. It would be nice to have a 6 foot 4 or taller type. I do agree though it is not a huge need. I would rather see one picked up late but wouldn't be opposed to grabing one early if he's the best available overall on the board. I was a huge Josh Reed fan when he was drafted. He really stood out to me whenever I saw LSU play. The only thing that stands out about him in the NFL is his drops and his weak speed.

Byrd.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

At least one draft website rated Roscoe Parrish a fourth rounder.

Loads of talent and lots of speed, but there are doubts that he would hold up over the longer NFL schedule. If he can be gotten in the fourth round, youo don't want to take him in the second.

Personally, since we've got the blazer on the roster already (Lee Evans) I would like to see Buffalo get a big receiver with some speed. Someone like Vincent or Matt Jones could be a huge weapon in the red zone. I wouldn't especially be looking for a WR in the second round though.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X