Promising JP Stat from College

Rushing
    Year G/GS No. Yds. Avg. TD LP/Opp.
    2000 10/1 59 133 2.3 1 24/ECU
    2001 3/1 13 9 0.7 1 9/BYU
    2002 13/13 88 19 0.2 6 22/Memphis
    2003 12/12 77 80 1.0 2 36/TCU

Career 38/27 237 241 1.0 10 36/TCU

Looks like a guy who scrambles to pass and not to run.

My Hawkeyes have a guys like that in Drew Tate. Already saying he looks like Flutie. (I hated Flutie)

This, I think is a good sign.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

I dont understand what you are trying to convey in this post.

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Pride
      I dont understand what you are trying to convey in this post.
      I interpret this as by looking at stats, Losman isn't a Vick-esque QB who's going to take off and run at the first sign of the play breaking down, but will use his legs only when he needs to. This is just my interpretation.

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

How can you tell that through stats? They dont keep stats for "Scrambled to avoid pressure and chose to pass instead of run"

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
          How can you tell that through stats? They dont keep stats for "Scrambled to avoid pressure and chose to pass instead of run"
          but they should.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

Flutie rocked....Not to mention the last QB to take us to a playoff game.

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i think that the fact that he is known as a scrambling qb with great mobility, but the fact that his stats dont show a bunch of rushing yards show that he obviously does scramble (thus the reputation) but doesnt "run" alot.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

I think it shows that he was rushing over 6 times a game for little yardage, so his o-line obviously sucked!

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

JP is a QB who happens to be very athletic. Vick is an athlete whom they stuck at QB. If JP lives up to potential, I'm a lot more comfortable with having someone like him than someone in the mold of Vick.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I'd be happy if he turned out to be like Flutie in his first year.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

I'm looking for a QB who:

1. Can feel pressure coming from the blindside
                      2. can feel pressure when its coming right at his face
                      3. can understand throwing the ball to the open receiver on the shorter route is ok
                      4. won't make the "am i in a football stadium" face when things start getting tough
                      5. can make me feel like we still have a chance even if we are down by 10 in the second Quarter
                      6. can admit when he didn't play a good game and not say, "our offense obviously has some things to work out."
                      7. can think "after 4 seconds in the pocket i better run like hell or make something happen. I'm not sitting here and patting the ball."
                      8. can have a little Jimbo swagger. You don't have to be cocky like TO or Moss, but someone that the whole league just has to appreciate.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

My point was.............

He is not a guy who like to run all the time downfield and is at risk of injury ala RJ...........

(I am sure someone will look up the stats)

He has mobility but is a passer not a runner. Compare his college stats to Mcnabbs colege stats.
                        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                          My point was.............

He is not a guy who like to run all the time downfield and is at risk of injury ala RJ...........

Actually the midget scrambled more and risked injury more than Rob. He was just harder to tackle because of his size and Rob was a China doll.

Let's hope JP isn't like Rob in that respect. I bet JP was passer first until he realized he had to learn how to run for his life because of that horrible OL he had in college.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                            I think it shows that he was rushing over 6 times a game for little yardage, so his o-line obviously sucked!
                            6 times per game is not a lot. Sounds like his o-line worked for the most part.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Trapezeus2
                              I'm looking for a QB who:

1. Can feel pressure coming from the blindside
                              2. can feel pressure when its coming right at his face
                              3. can understand throwing the ball to the open receiver on the shorter route is ok
                              4. won't make the "am i in a football stadium" face when things start getting tough
                              5. can make me feel like we still have a chance even if we are down by 10 in the second Quarter
                              6. can admit when he didn't play a good game and not say, "our offense obviously has some things to work out."
                              7. can think "after 4 seconds in the pocket i better run like hell or make something happen. I'm not sitting here and patting the ball."
                              8. can have a little Jimbo swagger. You don't have to be cocky like TO or Moss, but someone that the whole league just has to appreciate.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X