02-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Rushing
Year G/GS No. Yds. Avg. TD LP/Opp.
2000 10/1 59 133 2.3 1 24/ECU
2001 3/1 13 9 0.7 1 9/BYU
2002 13/13 88 19 0.2 6 22/Memphis
2003 12/12 77 80 1.0 2 36/TCU

Career 38/27 237 241 1.0 10 36/TCU

Looks like a guy who scrambles to pass and not to run.

My Hawkeyes have a guys like that in Drew Tate. Already saying he looks like Flutie. (I hated Flutie)

This, I think is a good sign. :mex:

Pride
02-02-2005, 09:26 AM
I dont understand what you are trying to convey in this post.

Iehoshua
02-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I dont understand what you are trying to convey in this post.
I interpret this as by looking at stats, Losman isn't a Vick-esque QB who's going to take off and run at the first sign of the play breaking down, but will use his legs only when he needs to. This is just my interpretation.

Pride
02-02-2005, 09:42 AM
How can you tell that through stats? They dont keep stats for "Scrambled to avoid pressure and chose to pass instead of run"

OpIv37
02-02-2005, 09:49 AM
How can you tell that through stats? They dont keep stats for "Scrambled to avoid pressure and chose to pass instead of run"

but they should.

ryjam282
02-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Flutie rocked....Not to mention the last QB to take us to a playoff game.

Tatonka
02-02-2005, 11:09 AM
i think that the fact that he is known as a scrambling qb with great mobility, but the fact that his stats dont show a bunch of rushing yards show that he obviously does scramble (thus the reputation) but doesnt "run" alot.

TedMock
02-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I think it shows that he was rushing over 6 times a game for little yardage, so his o-line obviously sucked!

TigerJ
02-02-2005, 01:24 PM
JP is a QB who happens to be very athletic. Vick is an athlete whom they stuck at QB. If JP lives up to potential, I'm a lot more comfortable with having someone like him than someone in the mold of Vick.

justasportsfan
02-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I'd be happy if he turned out to be like Flutie in his first year.

trapezeus
02-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm looking for a QB who:

1. Can feel pressure coming from the blindside
2. can feel pressure when its coming right at his face
3. can understand throwing the ball to the open receiver on the shorter route is ok
4. won't make the "am i in a football stadium" face when things start getting tough
5. can make me feel like we still have a chance even if we are down by 10 in the second Quarter
6. can admit when he didn't play a good game and not say, "our offense obviously has some things to work out."
7. can think "after 4 seconds in the pocket i better run like hell or make something happen. I'm not sitting here and patting the ball."
8. can have a little Jimbo swagger. You don't have to be cocky like TO or Moss, but someone that the whole league just has to appreciate.

BidsJr
02-02-2005, 09:39 PM
My point was.............

He is not a guy who like to run all the time downfield and is at risk of injury ala RJ...........

(I am sure someone will look up the stats)

He has mobility but is a passer not a runner. Compare his college stats to Mcnabbs colege stats.

justasportsfan
02-02-2005, 09:45 PM
My point was.............

He is not a guy who like to run all the time downfield and is at risk of injury ala RJ...........

Actually the midget scrambled more and risked injury more than Rob. He was just harder to tackle because of his size and Rob was a China doll.

Let's hope JP isn't like Rob in that respect. I bet JP was passer first until he realized he had to learn how to run for his life because of that horrible OL he had in college.

mybills
02-03-2005, 06:59 AM
I think it shows that he was rushing over 6 times a game for little yardage, so his o-line obviously sucked!
6 times per game is not a lot. Sounds like his o-line worked for the most part.

Tatonka
02-03-2005, 07:33 AM

3. can understand throwing the ball to the open receiver on the shorter route is ok
4. won't make the "am i in a football stadium" face when things start getting tough
5. can make me feel like we still have a chance even if we are down by 10 in the second Quarter
6. can admit when he didn't play a good game and not say, "our offense obviously has some things to work out."
7. can think "after 4 seconds in the pocket i better run like hell or make something happen. I'm not sitting here and patting the ball."
8. can have a little Jimbo swagger. You don't have to be cocky like TO or Moss, but someone that the whole league just has to appreciate.

:up:

TedMock
02-03-2005, 10:01 AM

For a QB? 6 times is a lot. Jaworski also said that Tulane's o-line was perhaps the worst he'd ever seen.

TigerJ
02-03-2005, 11:31 AM

That doesn't count all the times he ran out of the pocket and then made a pass. He was very adept at passing on the move.

Mr. Cynical
02-03-2005, 12:48 PM

:10:

SoCalBillsFan
02-03-2005, 01:37 PM
sacks count as negative rushing yards in college (and attempts)...so to really find out how many times he ran and for how much, we'd have to take out the sacks.