PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting elected?

The_Philster
02-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Michael Irvin, Dan Marino, Derrick Thomas, and Steve Young, four first-year eligible candidates, are among the 15 finalists who will be considered for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame when the Hall's Board of Selectors meet in Jacksonville, Florida on Saturday, February 5.
Joining the four first-year eligible players as finalists are eight other modern-era players, a highly successful team/league administrator, and two players nominated earlier by the Hall of Fame's Senior Committee. The Senior Committee nominees, who were announced in August 2004, are Benny Friedman and Fritz Pollard. The other modern-era player finalists include defensive ends Richard Dent, Claude Humphrey, and L.C. Greenwood; linebacker Harry Carson; offensive linemen Russ Grimm and Bob Kuechenberg; cornerback Roger Wehrli; and wide receiver Art Monk. The team/league administrator is George Young.

Who do you think will get elected this year?

helmetguy
02-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Marino and Steve Young are locks. George Young because of his length of service and the franchises he worked for (besides, NY always seems to get a nod and wink anyway). Art Monk is WAY overdue. Greenwood will probably get in because they couldn't enshrine that entire '70's team en masse, so they'll do it piecemeal.

Mr.Right
02-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Steve Young is on his way to Canton!:clap:

Michael82
02-02-2005, 12:12 PM
I hope Harry Carson gets in, just so we can see if he'll show up and make a fool out of himself if he doesn't.

OpIv37
02-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Marino, Monk and S Young are locks this year. Dent, Thomas, and Irvin will be in eventually, if not this year. The other guys are before my time so I don't really have any comments on them.

Ralph Wilson got robbed.

Jan Reimers
02-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Ralph Wilson got robbed.
For sure. It will be totally ridiculous if George Young gets in before Ralph.

Mr. Miyagi
02-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Derrick Thomas was good, but not good enough for long enough to be HOF.

Any vote for him is a sympathy vote, IMO.

generalmills
02-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Derrick Thomas was good, but not good enough for long enough to be HOF.

Any vote for him is a sympathy vote, IMO.

I totally agree... I know that Derrick Thomas was good... but there is no way that he is that far and above the rest at his position to be in the hall of fame....
It bothers me so much that when someone dies they become that much better at the sport they played!!!!!!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-02-2005, 01:51 PM
The only ones I see are Marino and Young. Monk maybe.

Mr.Right
02-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Eddie "D", the man who built the 49ers 'dynasty' SHOULD be going into the 'Hall' with Steve Young this year!!!! :shakeno:

Michael82
02-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Eddie "D", the man who built the 49ers 'dynasty' SHOULD be going into the 'Hall' with Steve Young this year!!!! :shakeno:
No he shouldn't. Eddie was a criminal. He shouldn't get in until Ralph Wilson gets in. :mad:

Bills 4 life
02-03-2005, 06:42 PM
I SEE HARRY CARSON 3-4 TIMES A WEEK AND HE IS A GREAT GUY. HE COMES INTO MY JOB. HE FEELS LIKE EITHER HE IS IN OR OUT. HE SHOULDNT HAVE TO RELY ON A VOTE DUE TO A POOR CLASS OR WHATEVER.

Historian
02-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Marino is a lock...but Steve Young?

I thought he stunk.

Mr.Right
02-05-2005, 10:16 AM
No he shouldn't. Eddie was a criminal. He shouldn't get in until Ralph Wilson gets in. :mad:
When Ralph Wilson's team wins ONE Super Bowl, let me know....
:funny:
Eddie "D"'s team won FIVE of em'!!!!
:shocked:

The_Philster
02-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Dan Marino and Steve Young made it a great day for quarterbacks when both were elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Marino, the most prolific passer in NFL history, and Young, whose accuracy and speed made him one of football's most versatile QBs, were joined by Bennie Friedman, an early-era quarterback, and Fritz Pollard...more (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8166083)

Michael82
02-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Dan Marino and Steve Young made it a great day for quarterbacks when both were elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Marino, the most prolific passer in NFL history, and Young, whose accuracy and speed made him one of football's most versatile QBs, were joined by Bennie Friedman, an early-era quarterback, and Fritz Pollard...more (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8166083)
I'm just glad that Michael Irvin didn't get in yet. :phew:

What did Art Monk do wrong? Who did he piss off? :scratch:

Historian
02-05-2005, 12:56 PM
[i] Steve Young elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Proving once again, that if your melon is on television, you can make the Hall of Fame, no matter how average your game was.