PDA

View Full Version : How do you expect the Bills to do with Losman?

JD
02-01-2005, 10:07 PM
I say 6-10 for his rookie year, not sure if he can be another Big Ben....

Section 130 Row 26
02-01-2005, 10:28 PM
hahahahahaha.....With a top 5 defense and the best special teams in the NFL? not even close...Nothing that Bledsoe did this year is something that JP couldn't do. He will use his youth/athletic ability to help make up for the "rookie" mistakes he makes.

This team should of been at least 10-6/ 11-5 this year JAX, NYJ, OAK games to name a few that they should have won.

JP can be succesful and help guide and manage this team to the playoffs...not carry or lead them there Big Ben wasn't asked to do the latter, and neither will JP.

JG

CajunBillsBacker
02-01-2005, 10:35 PM
JP obviously has all the tools to become an excellent NFL QB, strong arm, mobility, he's smart, and has a positive cockiness in his attitude.
I think his biggest bridge to climb will be showing patience and self control in the pocket and trusting his blockers(something he couldn't do at Tulane) instead of hitting the panic button and thinking run everytime the defense shows a blitz.
If McGahee can take this offense on his shoulders and be the 1500 yard rusher he is capable of, then I see JP developing quickly and having a very strong second half of next season. My prediction is 10-6.

ajsdx
02-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Losman would be a first year starter. They historically don't fare too well, even with good support systems. I could even imagine a 12-4 season if a lot of things fall our way (like Belichick getting hit by an 18-wheeler crossing the street), but let's not be surprised if we do see a 5-11 or 6-10 season. He has the tools, but clearly the NFL is about more than that. He could be Brees, who needed a few years to get his head on straight.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-02-2005, 08:53 AM
I think what will help Losman tremendously is that he has very good coaches surrounding him.

Sam Wyche is 10 times the QB coach he ever had before, and it is his second year with Losman....by now JP is starting to buy into Sam's system....and the fact that we also have Mularky (offensive minded)and Clements (sucessful QB coach at Pittsburgh) on staff can only help.

IF we had a different staff, I would not be so confident in his ability to be productive right away....but given the supporting cast and coaching...in addtion to JP's god given talent....I don't see how he can fail.

To me, Failure=losing games for the team or putting up worse #'s than Bledsoe.

I don't think this coming season's win/loss totals will rest on JP's shoulders....but I see him being a big part of winning close games in the fourth quarter...where Drew is/was a big part of losing those close games.

mysticsoto
02-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Losman would be a first year starter. They historically don't fare too well, even with good support systems. I could even imagine a 12-4 season if a lot of things fall our way (like Belichick getting hit by an 18-wheeler crossing the street), but let's not be surprised if we do see a 5-11 or 6-10 season. He has the tools, but clearly the NFL is about more than that. He could be Brees, who needed a few years to get his head on straight.

I doubt we would see that type of season. What did Bledsoe do last year that Losman can't do??? Bledsoe had 1 or 2 bombs every now and then, but for the most part, it was handing off to McGahee. I don't see how Losman can do that any worse. Also, Bledsoe was frequently rushed and either sacked, or he underthrew the ball. Hopefully Losman's mobility will help him in those situations. Is he going to make mistakes? Sure. There'll be interceptions. But Bledsoe made mistakes too. I just can't see Losman being so much worse than Bledsoe. Remember that we have one of the worst offenses in the league. If it weren't for our special teams and defense, it would be more magnified. But they inflated the score on many of those games we won, and b'cse of this, people have forgotten and feel the offense is fine...when in fact, it wasn't!!!

Novacane
02-02-2005, 09:13 AM
As the DLC likes to say "it's a team game" How is replacing one player gonna make us suddenly suck. Some people talk like JP is not going to be able to do anything right. He'd have to be turning the ball over 3-4 times a game and not be able to move the team at all for us to only win 5 games.

8-11 wins next year depending on how fast Losman learns IMO

Mr. Cynical
02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
It is a team game. JP is only one player. They will do as well as or better next year because as a team they have gotten better with experience, including the coach.

End of recording.

:mex:

jmb1099
02-02-2005, 11:25 PM
They are going to do well. He has had an opportunity to be mentored by a good coaching staff for an entire year. He is coming back to begin working on the system, I think we are going to be impressed.

The Natrix
02-03-2005, 12:07 AM
I think he is going to do good things. I'd be dissatisfied with 6-10. I'd probably be saying we should have went with Bledose the whole season.

I'm thinking 9-7 to 12-4. It's kind of hard to say.

mybills
02-03-2005, 06:00 AM
First of all, I wouldn't compare him to Ben. Didn't he get drafted then play? JP's had a season of "watching"..for the most part.

jamze132
02-03-2005, 09:46 AM
No way in hell we lose 10 games if JP starts. He doesn't have to be spectacular to win with the team we have. Hell, Drew won 9 games last year!!!! JP can easily play at that level. I seriously doubt that all these talent scouts were wrong about JP.

lynobx
02-04-2005, 07:14 AM
I really hope JP can come in and pick up where we left off at the end of the year. I hate to see Drew go, he did have some good games and even the last game was not entirely his fault. JP is more mobile and with our line this maybe what we need; after all look how well Flutie did

helmetguy
02-04-2005, 07:28 AM
The biggest asset Losman can have is that, from Day 1, this will be Mularkey's team. That is, he won't have to spend six months repairing the wreckage left by Williams, Gilbride and Co. At some point last season, the players began to trust in Mularkey, and he began to trust them more. This season, there won't have to be those "growing pains."

Jan Reimers
02-04-2005, 07:41 AM
If JP starts, Mularkey should use the Cowher-Roethlisberger model. That is, deploy a power running attack, a simplified passing game that does not expect too much from JP, an overpowering defense, and great special teams.

We are similar to the Steelers in many respects. They disguised Big Ben's inexperience very well, at least until the 2 playoff games. If we can do the same with JP, there is no reason we can't win at least 10 and make the playoffs.

justasportsfan
02-04-2005, 08:17 AM
JP can easily play like Dilfer in his first year. That would already be an improvement compared to our 2004 season at the position.

generalmills
02-04-2005, 09:39 AM
If JP is the starter this season.. the real question is: How many games will he play before his first major injury? and how many games will he miss? He is cocky and I believe it will take one big time hit at full speed that will teach him to go out of bounds and slide feet first! His development will speed up after that point and he will begin to slow down in the pocket and realize that he cannot take the league by storm. I predict that if Bledsoe stays as the backup... he will see the field by week 3 or 4.

Bill Brasky
02-04-2005, 02:46 PM
8-11 wins next year depending on how fast Losman learns IMO

Agreed.

It is a team game. JP is only one player. They will do as well as or better next year because as a team they have gotten better with experience, including the coach.

End of recording.

:mex:

Strong words coming from the guy who always blames the losses on #11

:snicker:

justasportsfan
02-04-2005, 02:51 PM
DMAN, I see you lurking. How've ya been? Say something :mad: