PDA

View Full Version : First Emmitt, Now Favre???

ryjam282
02-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Packers' wide receiver Donald Driver said Tuesday that doesn't believe quarterback Brett Favre will return next season. "I don't think so," Driver told Sirius NFL Radio when asked if Favre will return for a 15th season. "Everyone has been asking me that question. He's a real close friend of mine and we've been talking back and forth, and I think he's pretty much going to hang 'em up." Packers' head coach Mike Sherman asked Favre last month to make a retirement decision before the free agency period begins in March.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanb...nball&type=lgns

Wow, this would be pretty big news. The Pack would be screwed as they have nothing in the backup role at QB....Maybe they would be interested in a Drew Bledsoe until they can groom a replacement if it happens.....Personally, I don't want Brett to hang them up, I thoroughly enjoy watching him play. He is flat out a GREAT QB.

tampabay25690
02-02-2005, 08:00 AM
I agree I still think he is one of the best QBs in the league right now.....

THATHURMANATOR
02-02-2005, 08:16 AM
He is.

OpIv37
02-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Farve's well past his prime, but looking around the league and looking at the draft, he's still GB's best option for next year.

Novacane
02-02-2005, 08:57 AM
[i]. The Pack would be screwed as they have nothing in the backup role at QB....Maybe they would be interested in a Drew Bledsoe until they can groom a replacement if it happens.. QB.

If they did that all I can say is :lolpoint: Packer fans. They would be better off with Pederson.

Stewie
02-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Favre has been sucky in the playoffs. Look at the record. If he retires and I'm Mike Sherman, I pray that Seattle doesn't franchise Hasslebeck and I sign him asap.

Mr. Cynical
02-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Hopefully this will pass as it has in prior years. Let him get over the disappointment and re-charge in a few months. The only thing that might make this real this time is his wife's condition. He may want to spend more time with her and that takes priority over football.

I really hope he tries one last time. He is the best QB of all time IMO and nothing will change my mind on that.

The Natrix
02-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Favre steps down, Losman steps up. It's going to be a landmark season.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Hang them up Brett what else do you got to prove. The Packers gotta be kicking themselves that they didn't take J.P. as there #1 draft choice now. They we're very high on Losman I'm glad that we have him and not Green Bay

The Natrix
02-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Hang them up Brett what else do you got to prove. The Packers gotta be kicking themselves that they didn't take J.P. as there #1 draft choice now. They we're very high on Losman I'm glad that we have him and not Green Bay

Who did those chump Packers take with there first pick? Who is the Packers QB? O that's right, they don't have one.

PUCKER
02-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I wont believe it until I hear it from Bretts mouth!

The Natrix
02-02-2005, 10:51 PM
I wont believe it until I hear it from Bretts mouth!

Fair enough.

BBlades89
02-03-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm praying that the Hawks lock up Hasselbeck. As much as I don't want to see Favre go, it wouldn't surprise me. For those who don't like him, he is as great a person off the field as he is/was on the field.