X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 130 Row 26
    • Jan 2005

McGahee on Madden 2006 Cover?

I heard through a friends wife, who works for EA Sports that the cover boy for Madden 2006 will be Willis McGahee...Who knows if this will be true or not, but how would you guys feel if it happened?

Personally, I'd be happy that the Bills got the exposue but what about that Madden curse? Did Ray Lewis break it, or is he the only execption?

I can think of countless other players who should be on the cover of Madden instead of WM, but it always seems that the most wacky, far fetched things actually come true these days....who knows

JG

View the Rest of My List!

Bledsoe and Lindell are smelly
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

I have a custom Madden 2005 McGahee cover.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Section 130 Row 26
      I heard through a friends wife, who works for EA Sports that the cover boy for Madden 2006 will be Willis McGahee...Who knows if this will be true or not, but how would you guys feel if it happened?

Personally, I'd be happy that the Bills got the exposue but what about that Madden curse? Did Ray Lewis break it, or is he the only execption?

I can think of countless other players who should be on the cover of Madden instead of WM, but it always seems that the most wacky, far fetched things actually come true these days....who knows

JG

I don't believe it...and I don't want it...I think it is a curse.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

The curse did work for Ray Lewis too. He definitely wasn't himself this year. I saw him get beat on quite a few plays and hell, he even missed a couple tackles in the Bills game. Plus, it affected his team as they didn't even make the playoffs.

I that MaGahee is NOT on the cover, but if he is...that's nice publicity for the Buffalo Bills team.

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

Are you sure it's not a rumor... I remember seeing someone's wallpaper that they made w/ Willis on the cover. I think I saved it actually... I will upload it when I get home.

Comment

• Section 130 Row 26
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BAM
            Are you sure it's not a rumor... I remember seeing someone's wallpaper that they made w/ Willis on the cover. I think I saved it actually... I will upload it when I get home.
            Nah, straight up true according to her. She even mentioned it in passing, like it was no big deal. Kind of like an, "oh by the way" type thing

JG

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

That's cool. I wouldn't mind anyways... I don't believe in curses.

Who was on it this year? I forget.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Vick?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

There is a curse for madden covers too? WTF. Come on guys

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

eddie george was on madden.. he was fine.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Kenny
                      • Aug 2004

Seeing how it was a defensive player last year, it will probably be an offensive player this year... but McGahee?

Even if it wasnt Peyton (which I have a feeling it will be), there have been a plethora of other players that had better stats than McGahee.

Comment

• Section 130 Row 26
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        eddie george was on madden.. he was fine.
                        No he wasn't...He was a totally different player when he was put on the cover in 2001 after a monster 2000, as the stats show.

2000TEN161640315093.735147853
                        2001TEN16163159393.02753886

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

lol, but the Madden curse is scary. Would want to be even pretend-to-be-hexed by that fatso anyway? Eddie, Marshall, Lewis, and Vick all had subpar/terrible seasons after their madden cover, but I'd still love to see Willis on it 2006.
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• B-DON
                            hi
                            • Mar 2004

i read that madden is cahnging the name of the game and they also bought out all the rights to every nfl player either from the league or bought out espn, bottom line is no espn 2k5 and different name for the madden franchise, this was in a gaming magazine

Comment

Working...
                            X