PDA

View Full Version : McGahee on Madden 2006 Cover?

Section 130 Row 26
02-02-2005, 03:31 PM
I heard through a friends wife, who works for EA Sports that the cover boy for Madden 2006 will be Willis McGahee...Who knows if this will be true or not, but how would you guys feel if it happened?

Personally, I'd be happy that the Bills got the exposue but what about that Madden curse? Did Ray Lewis break it, or is he the only execption? :nervous:

I can think of countless other players who should be on the cover of Madden instead of WM, but it always seems that the most wacky, far fetched things actually come true these days....who knows

JG

:feedback:

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-02-2005, 03:34 PM
I have a custom Madden 2005 McGahee cover.

Ebenezer
02-02-2005, 03:34 PM
I heard through a friends wife, who works for EA Sports that the cover boy for Madden 2006 will be Willis McGahee...Who knows if this will be true or not, but how would you guys feel if it happened?

Personally, I'd be happy that the Bills got the exposue but what about that Madden curse? Did Ray Lewis break it, or is he the only execption? :nervous:

I can think of countless other players who should be on the cover of Madden instead of WM, but it always seems that the most wacky, far fetched things actually come true these days....who knows

JG

:feedback:
I don't believe it...and I don't want it...I think it is a curse.

Michael82
02-02-2005, 03:45 PM
The curse did work for Ray Lewis too. He definitely wasn't himself this year. I saw him get beat on quite a few plays and hell, he even missed a couple tackles in the Bills game. Plus, it affected his team as they didn't even make the playoffs.

I :pray: that MaGahee is NOT on the cover, but if he is...that's nice publicity for the Buffalo Bills team. :up:

BAM
02-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Are you sure it's not a rumor... I remember seeing someone's wallpaper that they made w/ Willis on the cover. I think I saved it actually... I will upload it when I get home.

Section 130 Row 26
02-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Are you sure it's not a rumor... I remember seeing someone's wallpaper that they made w/ Willis on the cover. I think I saved it actually... I will upload it when I get home.
Nah, straight up true according to her. She even mentioned it in passing, like it was no big deal. Kind of like an, "oh by the way" type thing

JG

BAM
02-02-2005, 03:49 PM
That's cool. I wouldn't mind anyways... I don't believe in curses.

Who was on it this year? I forget.

Mr. Miyagi
02-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Vick?

THATHURMANATOR
02-02-2005, 04:14 PM
There is a curse for madden covers too? WTF. Come on guys

Tatonka
02-02-2005, 04:24 PM
eddie george was on madden.. he was fine.

Kenny
02-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Seeing how it was a defensive player last year, it will probably be an offensive player this year... but McGahee?

Even if it wasnt Peyton (which I have a feeling it will be), there have been a plethora of other players that had better stats than McGahee.

Section 130 Row 26
02-02-2005, 05:02 PM
No he wasn't...He was a totally different player when he was put on the cover in 2001 after a monster 2000, as the stats show.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=772 border=0><TBODY><TR align=right bgColor=#ecece4><TD align=left>2000</TD><TD align=left>TEN</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>403</TD><TD>1509</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>3</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#ccccc4><TD align=left>2001</TD><TD align=left>TEN</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>315</TD><TD>939</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

buffalofan19
02-02-2005, 05:06 PM
All curses are off.

The Red Sox winning the World Series made sure of that.

ShadowHawk7
02-02-2005, 05:22 PM
lol, but the Madden curse is scary. Would want to be even pretend-to-be-hexed by that fatso anyway? Eddie, Marshall, Lewis, and Vick all had subpar/terrible seasons after their madden cover, but I'd still love to see Willis on it 2006.

B-DON
02-02-2005, 05:24 PM
i read that madden is cahnging the name of the game and they also bought out all the rights to every nfl player either from the league or bought out espn, bottom line is no espn 2k5 and different name for the madden franchise, this was in a gaming magazine

Bling
02-02-2005, 05:29 PM

Didn't he screw a game up by missing the ball?

BAM
02-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Check it.

http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/Madden.jpg

im4bflo
02-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Talking about curses, McNabb is on the cover of SI.
That sucks, why not Marcia! :fury:

PUCKER
02-02-2005, 10:44 PM
It would be nice to see,but I hope not,since its been a jinx for players in the past...

Demon
02-02-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't believe in curses. It's all BS.

Reason why SI and Madden curse is a "curse" is because these 2 are very popular companies and try to put the best of the best on their covers. Injuries happen in football and when they put the top players always, some of them happen to get hurt.

Everyone talks about curses and all but not about the players who actually win after being on SI cover and such. How many times were the Red Sox on before the world series? Like 3 times in 2 months or something, yet still won. USC was on the cover twice in like a month and a half, and were National Champions.

Jersey1031
02-02-2005, 11:29 PM
the madden cover's a jinx...

Samphin1
02-02-2005, 11:40 PM
No offense but, I just don't see why they would put Willis on after basically one season. My thought is that they would want to put someone on with a little longer of a track record. I would think Manning, McNabb, Brady, L.T., Moss, T.O. would all be in line before Willis. I could think of even more but you get my point. No offense to Willis, he had an excellent year, I just think it would be awfully surprising to see him on the cover already. Maybe in a few years if he tears up the league and refrains from tearing up his knee again.

In the end, who cares? I never look at the cover anyways after I buy it.

The Natrix
02-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Sorry Samphin, I think he is going to be on it. Just because I believe.

Red, White and Blue would make more sense than Teal and Orange. JMO though.

The Natrix
02-02-2005, 11:57 PM
I could think of even more but you get my point.

No, I don't. Please humor us.

This offseason is going to do wonders for his recovery. You didn't even see him at 90% this past season.

ryjam282
02-03-2005, 06:43 AM
Maybe Willis wasn't there first choice and maybe other players turned them down because of the supposed curse. Could very well be. I can't wait to see it if it is Willis though, maybe they could do a pick of him doing that awesome stiff arm against Samphins Dolphins :lol:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Maybe Willis wasn't there first choice and maybe other players turned them down because of the supposed curse. Could very well be. I can't wait to see it if it is Willis though, maybe they could do a pick of him doing that awesome stiff arm against Samphins Dolphins :lol:

I agree with this point...very likely that IF Willis is the man for the cover, he was likely not the first choice....other guys may or may not want to be on the cover or may or may not be seen as "appropriate" (i.e. Randy Moss) to represent the league.

I know Willis is a big video game guy like many of the other guys, but I suspect that there is a lot more that goes into selection of one guy than just "who's the most exciting/talented/etc.".

With EA having exclusive NFL contract, they may go a completely different route and have several players on the cover...ya just never know.

The King
02-03-2005, 07:29 AM
I dont think there is any chance Willis makes it on. He isnt big enough yet, they are going to want a national guy a guy everyone recognizes. I am not sure what kind of deal a player signs when he gets one of the cover deals but there have been a few on other games as well.

Peyton Manning. NFL Fever
Tom Brady. Gameday
Randy Moss. NFL2k
Brian Ulracher. NFl2k
Warren Sapp. Espn2k3
Terrell Owens Espn 2k4.
LT. Gameday
Ricky Williams NFL Street
Mcnabb Gameday
Derek Brooks. Gameday
Jerome Bettis Gameday

I think that covers everyone not on Madden

ryjam282
02-03-2005, 08:21 AM
What about the ESPN2k curse? First Sapp, just plain sucked and then TO breaks his leg? Hmmmmmm.

Anyone remember that game that was for Sega Genesis back in the day, can' remember the name but it had Moose Johnston on it then he went down with that neck injury I believe and then it had Mark Brunell and he has sucked for quite some time now....

ryjam282
02-03-2005, 08:23 AM
I think it was NFL Gameday, maybe

Samphin1
02-03-2005, 09:52 AM
I think regional covers would be a good idea. Perhaps in the Buffalo area, Willis or DREW would be on the cover...

Wait, that would mean I would get stuck with a Raider or Niner cover....hmmm maybe this isn't a good idea...

rtconner
02-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Shockey is on NFL street 2

Peyton Manning. NFL Fever
Tom Brady. Gameday
Randy Moss. NFL2k
Brian Ulracher. NFl2k
Warren Sapp. Espn2k3
Terrell Owens Espn 2k4.
LT. Gameday
Ricky Williams NFL Street
Mcnabb Gameday
Derek Brooks. Gameday
Jerome Bettis Gameday

I think that covers everyone not on Madden

BillsFanCupp38
02-03-2005, 10:23 AM
If you collect the McFarlane figures this would be of intrest to you. Coming this october McFarlane is making a figure of McGahee. That is gonna be awesome, cant wait to buy it.

The King
02-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I think it was NFL Gameday, maybe

The First Gameday i remember had the bus on it. Only game I can think of with Brunell was NFL fever for PC.

ShadowHawk7
02-03-2005, 11:48 AM
No offense but, I just don't see why they would put Willis on after basically one season. My thought is that they would want to put someone on with a little longer of a track record. I would think Manning, McNabb, Brady, L.T., Moss, T.O. would all be in line before Willis. I could think of even more but you get my point. No offense to Willis, he had an excellent year, I just think it would be awfully surprising to see him on the cover already. Maybe in a few years if he tears up the league and refrains from tearing up his knee again.

In the end, who cares? I never look at the cover anyways after I buy it.
You make a decent point there. But so many of those guys have already been on a cover, and to date, I’ve never seen a player on a cover twice, same game or not. McGahee would look sweet on there. Spikes or Moulds would be good too.

Samphin1
02-03-2005, 09:00 PM
You make a decent point there. But so many of those guys have already been on a cover, and to date, I’ve never seen a player on a cover twice, same game or not. McGahee would look sweet on there. Spikes or Moulds would be good too.

See, I would think Moulds would be more of a realistic bet than Willis. Even then I think it is a stretch. I think you may even see Corey Dillon, or someone form the Pats. Madden loves thouse guys and it may be the only input he has on the game.

hudella
02-03-2005, 09:42 PM
well who knows, its not even gunna be called madden anymore, so does that eliminate the curse? and ray lewis was pretty healthy this year so, i dont see any athletes turning down an ea cover cuz they are affraid of getting hurt

JD
02-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Brady or Big Ben will get it....maybe even Emmit?

unpaid_bills
02-03-2005, 11:03 PM
That's cool. I wouldn't mind anyways... I don't believe in curses.

Who was on it this year? I forget.
Maybe they could put Drew on the cover maybe a reverse Jinx -- worth a shot

Hemlepp53
02-04-2005, 07:26 AM
Sorry Samphin, I think he is going to be on it. Just because I believe.

Red, White and Blue would make more sense than Teal and Orange. JMO though.

LoL.. Funny Natrix... :funny:

Hemlepp53
02-04-2005, 07:30 AM
If you collect the McFarlane figures this would be of intrest to you. Coming this october McFarlane is making a figure of McGahee. That is gonna be awesome, cant wait to buy it.

Dude I have so many McFarlane Figures.. I buy the sets when they get released on E Bay... Cant Wait.. I Might Buy Several Willis McFarlane Figures .. one for office, one for mantel, one for each of my kids rooms... one for dipping in bronze for my hood ornement.. and so on.. :peace:

Hemlepp53
02-04-2005, 07:31 AM
if they are changing the name from Madden to something else what is it going to be called and how many other changes will occur in the game, controls, and so on.? Anyone know... :question:

The King
02-04-2005, 07:36 AM
I am sure they will take the Espn license into the title but abc and espn are one in the same so look for the same ****ty commentary.

The King
02-04-2005, 07:39 AM

Randy Moss was on NFL2k and 2k1

Peyton Manning was on All NFL Fever Games.

Maybe they could put Drew on the cover maybe a reverse Jinx -- worth a shot

That should be your new project.

Gunzlingr
02-04-2005, 09:45 AM
I read that they are dumping Madden with the acquisition of their new rights.

You guys forgot that John Elway was on the cover of the classic game 'John Elway's Quarterback'