PDA

View Full Version : LMAO @...

northernbillfan
11-29-2002, 04:22 AM
This quote from a sports odds page...

From covers.com
New England quarterback Drew Bledsoe, an early season MVP candidate, had one of his worst games, completing 21-of-33 for 181 yards with two interceptions and a fumble.

"It was a tough day for us," Bledsoe said. "It's real simple. We just have to play better."
My only question is, would you lay money down, on what these guys (http://www.covers.com/data/nfl/game/apNFLpreview.asp?previewID=v2197-mega2002-11-28T00-03-00-5-00.Xml) suggested, after calling Drew, NE's QB, in a Bills/Miami preview??? :rolleyes:

:scratch:

shelby
11-29-2002, 08:54 AM
:drool:

so much for checking your facts.........:rolleyes:

JefftheBillsfan
11-29-2002, 08:56 AM
Yeah, last week when we played the Jets it had an incorrect score for our previous meeting. I think it said 37-30, which BTW is mathematically impossible, as you dont kick the PATs in OT.

Cntrygal
11-29-2002, 09:29 AM
LOL.... earlier in the season (around week 4), cnnsi had Drew listed with New England.... one line lower they had Brady listed with New England. :rolleyes:.

I sent an email suggesting that the writer/proofreader stop eating donuts & drinking coffee and do what they are being paid to do instead of just using the copy & paste feature.

I never got a response from them.
:D

JefftheBillsfan
11-29-2002, 09:34 AM
lol, remember when chid ahonotu was white!!!

MissBuffalo
11-29-2002, 12:58 PM
:z: Someone needs to wake up!!!

That's like a couple weeks ago when a wirter said the Bills were playing at Rich Stadium.

TedMock
11-29-2002, 01:05 PM
I had a Bledsoe jersey on last sunday at the Dallas airport and some guy comes up and says "How are the Patriots doing this year?"

SABURZFAN
11-29-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
This quote from a sports odds page...

My only question is, would you lay money down, on what these guys (http://www.covers.com/data/nfl/game/apNFLpreview.asp?previewID=v2197-mega2002-11-28T00-03-00-5-00.Xml) suggested, after calling Drew, NE's QB, in a Bills/Miami preview??? :rolleyes:

:scratch:

Originally posted by MissBuffalo
:z: Someone needs to wake up!!!

That's like a couple weeks ago when a wirter said the Bills were playing at Rich Stadium.

i think somebody's a few years behind.

northernbillfan
11-30-2002, 04:39 AM
Instead of being a sports odds page...

They should call themselves an odd sports page.

MissBuffalo
11-30-2002, 03:02 PM
LOL NBF!!!!! Then they'll have an excuse.
It also reminds me of when I was Sports Editor at SFSU for our online news website. I did a weekly blurb/summary of all the NFL games played with the stats and scores. LOL--some hotshot copyeditor thought he was slick and changed "Three Rivers Stadium" to "Four Rivers Stadium" (back when Pitts. still played there). After I noticed it online, he insisted that I was wrong, until I brought up the Steelers website.