• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Whats up with Dante Culpepper?

Anyone hear about Dante giving a parylized highschool student some "ice" and then asking for it back after the media event? Apparently, Dante gave the kid 2 diamond chains worth about $75,000 and then asked for it back. The kid and father seem to be distressed about this. Dante said he would send them something real nice in the mail. What a guy!
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Sorry I have no link. Go to ESPN home page and scroll down a bit and it's in a little column on the right-center portion of the page. I think the story is titled "Dante's Ice". I also heard parts of the story from a local radio morning show here in Seattle.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
        Anyone hear about Dante giving a parylized highschool student some "ice" and then asking for it back after the media event? Apparently, Dante gave the kid 2 diamond chains worth about $75,000 and then asked for it back. The kid and father seem to be distressed about this. Dante said he would send them something real nice in the mail. What a guy!
        They totally put him on the spot in front of all those people. 75 grand is an awful lot to just give away no matter what.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Yeah, the kid straight up asked for it. Dante just reacted in front of all those cameras then later realized that he had just given the kid almost a 100 grand.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

A State-of-the-art WheelChair might be a better gift that some Bling.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

He will probably hook the kid up with tons of stuff.

Comment

• regor
                • Jul 2002

I would not say this compares him to Moss. Still was not very smart. He should not have given them to the kid if he was gonna take them back.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

Lol, rims and all. Pimp dat ting.
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                    I read this too. What a dickface.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                      • Jan 2003

Should never have put them around the kid's neck if he didn't intend to let him keep it, or should have stated "Here, you can wear it for me today..." or something like that. Dumbte Culpooper strikes out with this...

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

I guess Dante wants the handicaped kids to feel like they're pimpin' for a few seconds before he crushes there dreams. He said he would send the kid something real nice. Probably a football or jock strap. If he was smart he would send him a MR. T starter kit.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

I gurantee he will take care of that kid, what the hell does a handicapped kid want with 75 g's in rocks. Let Dante get him some kick ass tv, and some vip passes. thats better than a crappy necklace
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                          X