PDA

View Full Version : Baseball's Bledsoe

trapezeus
02-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Do you think Sammy Sosa is Baseball's Bledsoe. Someone who was good, but riddled with problems. Baltimore plays the role of the Bills by acquiring a big name player in hopes that it revives the team. Meanwhile everyone but the local fanbase knows that Sosa is washed up and done.

Just a thought.

Jayhawk
02-03-2005, 02:43 PM
um, as much as we hate bledsoe here, you won't hear anyone compare the two. Big difference. Attitude. Sammy has an Attiude problem, Drew just sucks.

STAMPY
02-03-2005, 02:57 PM
um, as much as we hate bledsoe here, you won't hear anyone compare the two. Big difference. Attitude. Sammy has an Attiude problem, Drew just sucks.

A better comparison is Tino Martinez

jamze132
02-03-2005, 03:01 PM
If you want to compare Drew to a baseball player, look no further than to the Mets signing, Alomar, Vaughn, and Burnitz a couple of years ago. With the exception of Vaughn, the other two still think they have it and don't want a diminished role within an organization.

BAM
02-03-2005, 03:09 PM
:yap:

Earthquake Enyart
02-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Sammy is Dan Marino. All he cares about are his own stats.

People here in Chicago are laughing about how Sammy says Camden Yards is now "his house". Not one word in his press conference about other players or the team. That's why they call him "Sam-ME"

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Do you think Sammy Sosa is Baseball's Bledsoe. Someone who was good, but riddled with problems. Baltimore plays the role of the Bills by acquiring a big name player in hopes that it revives the team. Meanwhile everyone but the local fanbase knows that Sosa is washed up and done.

Just a thought.
Sosa is still a pretty good player. He is in decline but a right fielder doesn't have as much impact on a game as a starting QB does.

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Sammy is Dan Marino. All he cares about are his own stats.

People here in Chicago are laughing about how Sammy says Camden Yards is now "his house". Not one word in his press conference about other players or the team. That's why they call him "Sam-ME"

What happened in Chi town. It seems like Chicago loved Sammy until this year. Now they hate him. What happened?

Iehoshua
02-03-2005, 04:05 PM
What happened in Chi town. It seems like Chicago loved Sammy until this year. Now they hate him. What happened?
He got old and started stinking up the place as opposed to lighting it up with hr's...

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Still He wasn't horrible

Jan Reimers
02-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Sometimes a change of scenery helps. Frank Robinson was considered to be in serious decline when he was traded by the Reds to the Os. He subsequently won the Triple Crown and had several other great years in Baltimore.

Don't be too quick to judge.

ryjam282
02-04-2005, 07:19 AM
A better comparison is Tino Martinez

How is that possible? Tino has more 4 rings and he earned them by being the starter, not by losing his job to a rookie backup.

Earthquake Enyart
02-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Sammy slumped badly the second half of last season. He made a big stink when Baker attempted to move him down in the batting order. Then on the last game of the season, after the Cubs were eliminated, Sammy left the park in the second inning or so.

Sammy was know for playing salsa music on his boom box at very high levels every game. The rest of the players couldn't stand him, and Baker couldn't stand him.

Without steroids, Sammy hits a lot of fly balls to the warning track.

trapezeus
02-04-2005, 10:21 AM
ok, i read all the comments. they are all valid points. right fielders don't really have much impact like a starting qb, sammy has the attitude issue, obviously the steriods. i realize that maybe the scenery change my help him start afresh, but chances are with his age and steriod policy changes, the shows over for sammy and the O's are stuck with the bill.

Earthquake Enyart
02-04-2005, 10:26 AM
He'll hit about .250, 30 HR's and 100 RBI. The AL will add to his stats.

Plus the Cubbies are paying most of his salary next year.

STAMPY
02-04-2005, 01:22 PM
How is that possible? Tino has more 4 rings and he earned them by being the starter, not by losing his job to a rookie backup.

Tino lost his job to Juicehead Giambi. Ever since he left NY, he's been a shadow of the guy that once hit, 40 something homers. Hasn't come close. Biggest choke was his work in St Louis. Now he's a reserve player on Yanks. Giambi stinks as well, That's the sad part

Bill Brasky
02-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Tino lost his job to Juicehead Giambi. Ever since he left NY, he's been a shadow of the guy that once hit, 40 something homers. Hasn't come close. Biggest choke was his work in St Louis. Now he's a reserve player on Yanks. Giambi stinks as well, That's the sad part

Thanks for the analysis Peter Gammons.

venis2k1
02-04-2005, 02:57 PM
yea, well the difference is that sammy cant lose a game by himself like bledsoe does everyother week

i guess football really is the ultimate team game. :question:

Iehoshua
02-04-2005, 04:29 PM
yea, well the difference is that sammy cant lose a game by himself like bledsoe does everyother week

i guess football really is the ultimate team game. :question:
:up:
:mex:

pleasesavedrew
02-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Drew and sammy both don't suck, we'll Drews not one of the best in his game, Sammy is. 35 home runs, I'd take it any day

MustWin
02-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Orioles and Bills. My 2 favorite teams.

You can't really compare football to baseball.

Sammy will hit 270, 35, 110