PDA

View Full Version : Let's get an Identity

TedMock
11-29-2002, 01:02 PM
I don't know how anybody else feels but I say let's get that swagger back and then some. I know that realistically the team's only as good as its "D" but that doesn't mean the offense can't play with sick confidence. There's enough talent to do that. The line is in place, the skilled positions are in place and the QB is in place. I say pound Henry and let Bledsoe take some chances. They seem to have become too conservative. I don't mind int's if there's a gutsy play called. I know they have to take what they're given and I agree with that but they were taking chances earlier in the year. Bledsoe will make impatient decisions but his arm is strong and the receivers are talented enough where it could work more times than not. We're not ready to be a contender so let's get the "O" up to speed where they should be. In the early 90's Kelly made some bonehead plays at times but his arm was good and the skilled positions were good and they took chances that worked most of the time. This team could do that and create havoc. I hope they do. Having said this I still think Henry should get 25 carrries. This Offense is so capable it kills me. It is possible to have a "high flying" and yet a "balanced" offense. Gilbride needs to find that.

Ð
11-30-2002, 03:17 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Smashmouth offence. Run it down their throats first and then use Drew's arm when the opposing D's start to cheat the run. What could be more simple than that, especially in the cold weather ?