X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Rusty Jones to Chi-Town

With 19 years with the Bills I wonder why the staff felt a change was needed?

www.sportsfeatures.com/PressPoint/show.php?id=19659

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Maybe one of his kids is going to college in area?

It does appear he got the Dwight Adams treatment. !

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Seems like the organization is trying to keep the reason Tight Lipped.. MM brought in his own guy and maybe that ruffled some feathers, but it seems like Rusty just wanted the Strength and Conditioning part to be his major concern.. and wasn't too high on the Coaching Asst. aspect of his new Title.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
        Maybe one of his kids is going to college in area?

It does appear he got the Dwight Adams treatment. !
        That's just what I think. and it sucks too. Both of them were great guys for the Buffalo Bills and had been working with the Bills for many many year and then they get slowly pushed out the door.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
          That's just what I think. and it sucks too. Both of them were great guys for the Buffalo Bills and had been working with the Bills for many many year and then they get slowly pushed out the door.
          I agree, and it only serves as yet another example of football being a business, first and foremost.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
            I agree, and it only serves as yet another example of football being a business, first and foremost.
            That is Bad Business.. Jones seemed to be more comfortable with the hands on approach with dealing with the players as apposed to being a part of the Establishment.

MM bringing in Brad Roll from Tampa Bay seemed to be taken as a demotion rather than a promotion and New Job Title by Rusty.. the job that he took with the Bears is the exact job that he held down for the Bills for the 1st 18 years with this organization.

If this team struggles with injuries next year, MM will take most of the blame for not leaving Jones at his position as Conditioning Coach and simply making Roll an assistant to Rusty Jones.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
              Seems like the organization is trying to keep the reason Tight Lipped.. MM brought in his own guy and maybe that ruffled some feathers, but it seems like Rusty just wanted the Strength and Conditioning part to be his major concern.. and wasn't too high on the Coaching Asst. aspect of his new Title.
              Only someone w/ close ties to the bills would know something like htis.

Ruben, is it really you?

sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Only someone w/ close ties to the bills would know something like htis.

Ruben, is it really you?

Actually it was suggested in the Buffalo News Article today that Rusty Jones wasn't happy with the added administrative duties that came along with his so-called Promotion.

Jones thrived with the hands on approach to the job and physical conditioning was the part that he specialized in throughout his tenure in the League.

It doesn't take inside knowledge to realize that a guy doesn't leave a position after 19 years with the same organization unless he was asked to do something that he hadn't been asked to do in the past.. it just takes the ability to read Justa.

Jones expertise is what kept Spikes healthy when he came to Buffalo after suffering through hamstring problems with the Bengals.. that bit of info came from my Insider knowledge of the Bills organization.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

we didnt win any superbowls with him.. so oh well..

he was a strength and conditioning coach.. move on people.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

We may not have made it to any of the 4 SB without Jones and his innovative nutritional regiments that kept the K-Gun offense running at peak levels.. not to mention the conditioning that allowed the Bills Defense to stay on the field almost as much as the Offense.

You have to question the how effective Brad Roll was this year with Vincent missing more than half of the season after Minor knee surgery.. as well as how far out of shape that Loseman was after his return.

The loses in the SB were more of a problem with execution than it was with conditioning.. Jones' leaving may be the most substantial personnel lose of this off-season.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

yeah.. he could be.. or you could be overreacting.. jones wasnt around for vincents long rehab?

jones can be your new izelle reese.. beast of the east at FS.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

The Strength and conditioning coach was Brad Roll this year.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

oh.. i see.. so jones had nothing to do with with rehabing a player, even though he was roll's boss??

whatever.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

then i guess roll deserves all the credit for getting mike williams into shape finally and for keeping villarial on the field through injuries.. and trey teague.. and helping mcgahee get back to form..

in that case.. good work roll... see you later jones.

Comment

• B-DON
                              hi
                              • Mar 2004

i agree with tonk, u guys are acting we just lost a key free agent and now next season is in turmoil. shut up i bet there are 3 million trainers out there could fill his job wiht out missin a beat

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍