Who saw the Emmitt retirement press conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STAMPY
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

Who saw the Emmitt retirement press conference?

I must say i was never a big fan of Smith, as he was a cowboy. But man what a class act he is. This guy thanked about 300 people, 3 pages, even troy hamrick was on it lol.

Emmitt kept saying thanks to jerry jones for taking a shot on a kid they said was too small, too slow. he went on about how much that star meant to him. it was his honor to defend that cowboy legacy.

Emmitt started breaking down. I gotta admit it, my eyes were flowing of water. It's good to see good guys accomplish things in sports. He def was a great leader and good guy. But man what a great farewell speech, def took me away lol. i had to grab tissues, and im not a very heartfelt guy.
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

F*** Emmitt. He's all nice now that he's washed up, but when he walked the walk, he talked the talk. It is a travesty that he surpassed Sweetness.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by STAMPY
      Emmitt started breaking down. I gotta admit it, my eyes were flowing of water. It's good to see good guys accomplish things in sports. He def was a great leader and good guy. But man what a great farewell speech, def took me away lol. i had to grab tissues, and im not a very heartfelt guy.
      behing those guns is a little pussy cat?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• STAMPY
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
        F*** Emmitt. He's all nice now that he's washed up, but when he walked the walk, he talked the talk. It is a travesty that he surpassed Sweetness.
        900 yards after 15 seasons, sure sounds washed up

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

It figures. Emmitt Smith was always about himself and it continued. Why would he retire during Super Bowl week? So, everyone could focus on him during the final week of the NFL season. It would have made more sense for him to retire next week after the Super Bowl, but no, all the cameras were in Jacksonville, so it's perfect time for him to do it.

Comment

• STAMPY
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
            It figures. Emmitt Smith was always about himself and it continued. Why would he retire during Super Bowl week? So, everyone could focus on him during the final week of the NFL season. It would have made more sense for him to retire next week after the Super Bowl, but no, all the cameras were in Jacksonville, so it's perfect time for him to do it.
            He deserves that type of attention. He was one of the greatest of all time. And he came off as a class act. Emmitt wasn't ever a TO type of player. He wasn't like Crybaby Sanders. He did his job, talked some smack on field. Went home. A class act. An overachiever

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

He deserves that type of attention. He was one of the greatest of all time. And he came off as a class act. Emmitt wasn't ever a TO type of player. He wasn't like Crybaby Sanders. He did his job, talked some smack on field. Went home. A class act. An overachiever
              Yeah, he is a class act and WAS a great player, but now he's washed up. I'm glad he retired, hopefully other washed up old players will do the same thing....

Emmitt Smith
              Jerry Rice
              Tim Brown
              Doug Flutie
              Marshall Faulk

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

The spotlight of the sports world this week is on the Super Bowl...he shifted it to himself today. Usually a class act...this smacked of something even Deion wouldn't do. Why else would he hold it in Jacksonville? He was where all the media would be and made sure he got lots of national attention. If he wanted to prove he was still a class act, he could've waited til after the Super Bowl and done it in Dallas.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  The spotlight of the sports world this week is on the Super Bowl...he shifted it to himself today. Usually a class act...this smacked of something even Deion wouldn't do. Why else would he hold it in Jacksonville? He was where all the media would be and made sure he got lots of national attention. If he wanted to prove he was still a class act, he could've waited til after the Super Bowl and done it in Dallas.

He should've definitely done it in Dallas.

Comment

• Section 130 Row 26
                    • Jan 2005

Pretty easy to look amazing with a wall of an offensive line in front of you, like in those super bowl years....**** him, the Cowboys, and his attempt to look like a "class act".

Like the other dudes said, it's pretty easy to become likeable now when you suck...oh and by the way a 900 yard starting back IS bad by todays NFL standards....And i agree this was such a "great" time for him to announce this. He needs to be the center of all conversation...**** him GO BILLS

JG

View the Rest of My List!

Bledsoe and Lindell are smelly

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

I watched the press conference today. I have been an Emmit hater since the 90's. He gained his yards behind one of the best offensive lines he could have wished for.

Today however I made my peace with him. At 5 foot 9 inches and 215 pounds he defied the odds, even behind the Dallas line in the 90's. Many backs have failed to produce behind great lines. He was in a no win situation. If he doesn't produce he would have been considered to small and to slow which was the knock on him out of college. If he does perform then he was running behind a great o'line and he should have produced.

His game against the Giants in which he played with a separated shoulder and gainded "I think" 175 yards on 1 arm is a tribute to his desire, heart and toughness. Whatever his output that day he turned in one hell of a performance. I watched that game and I hated him even more for doing what he did that day

I don't feel any better about the Super Bowls in which Dallas defeated the Bills however Emmit was one of the best, love or hate him.

I could not stand him, but he deserves all the praise he has recieved.
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Yeah, he is a class act and WAS a great player, but now he's washed up. I'm glad he retired, hopefully other washed up old players will do the same thing....

Emmitt Smith
                          Jerry Rice
                          Tim Brown
                          Doug Flutie
                          Marshall Faulk
                          Drew Bledsoe

Comment

Working...
                          X